PDA

View Full Version : The rockets need to wake up

sook
11-07-2008, 02:48 PM
This game should never have been close. We should have been ahead by double digits and walking out of there for a decent night's sleep before the Clips. We slacked and slacked and slacked, let them have one loose ball after another, one layup after another, one clean look after another, until we had to pray for them to go cold so we could have a chance to get back in it. Yao wakes up with like 3 minutes left in the game, and from that point on, we're just rolling the dice on make or miss. Well, the dice finally rolled against us.

The game was close because they fought harder, worked harder, focused harder. They played defense like we should have, hustled for boards like we should have. They were the more admirable team. They earned it. We tried to slack our way to victory and we lost. In the playoffs, we won't even be sniffing overtime if we play like this. And if Roy had missed that last shot, I bet you $1,000 Tracy McGrady would have been smiling as he walked off the court, thinking, well, I guess what we did was good enough.

Let it hurt. We deserved it.

SpursDynasty
11-07-2008, 02:55 PM
This game should never have been close. We should have been ahead by double digits and walking out of there for a decent night's sleep before the Clips. We slacked and slacked and slacked, let them have one loose ball after another, one layup after another, one clean look after another, until we had to pray for them to go cold so we could have a chance to get back in it. Yao wakes up with like 3 minutes left in the game, and from that point on, we're just rolling the dice on make or miss. Well, the dice finally rolled against us.

The game was close because they fought harder, worked harder, focused harder. They played defense like we should have, hustled for boards like we should have. They were the more admirable team. They earned it. We tried to slack our way to victory and we lost. In the playoffs, we won't even be sniffing overtime if we play like this. And if Roy had missed that last shot, I bet you $1,000 Tracy McGrady would have been smiling as he walked off the court, thinking, well, I guess what we did was good enough.

Let it hurt. We deserved it.

The Rockets are just not that good of a team.

sook
11-07-2008, 03:07 PM
The Rockets are just not that good of a team.

Were they that good of a team the first half of last season? they were 12th place, close to last, and the 2nd half of the season they had the best record in the entire NBA.

You're also overlooking the fact that we are missing our defensive glue (battier)

One good thing came out of this, AARON BROOKS

That guy has completely opened up my eyes, just a phenomenal shooter and passer.

He will take over rafer's spot by the end of the 1st half. I'm glad Roy made that shot, we will go into our next games even tougher and hopefully with battier.

I love the spurs, but spursdynasty, you make it too funny when you try to diss the rockets like that :lmao

mVp
11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Scola needs to play more... he was Houston's top scorer at the end of the 1st half and he didn't play at all after he came out of the game with about six minutes left in the 3rd quarter... I guess Adelman put him out cuz he was getting owned by Aldridge, but nobody on the Rockets team played good D last night.

Tmac&Luther
11-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Scola needs to play more... he was Houston's top scorer at the end of the 1st half and he didn't play at all after he came out of the game with about six minutes left in the 3rd quarter... I guess Adelman put him out cuz he was getting owned by Aldridge, but nobody on the Rockets team played good D last night.

The moment Scola was taken out of the game Aldridge stopped scoring...Hayes pretty much shut his ass down. Adelman had to take Scola out, he was getting lit up like a damn christmas tree.

Tmac&Luther
11-07-2008, 03:59 PM
I love the spurs, but spursdynasty, you make it too funny when you try to diss the rockets like that :lmao

Yeah I know, it reminds me of the idiots who said we were going to miss the playoffs last season, because we struggled early on. :rolleyes

Houston is not playing for the best record in the West, none of that matters. They're just trying to get there chemistry down and gel as a team.

Allanon
11-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Houston is not playing for the best record in the West, none of that matters. They're just trying to get there chemistry down and gel as a team.

I think the Rockets need to be a top4 seed to get out of the first round.

Tmac&Luther
11-07-2008, 04:17 PM
I think the Rockets need to be a top4 seed to get out of the first round.

Houston is going to be a top 4 team........but like I said earlier, I'm not worried about the record, they just need to be healthy and gelled as a team when the playoffs get here. Oh yeah and Aaron Brooks needs to be the starter by then too.

Tmac&Luther
11-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Home court is everything in the playoffs, especially when playing teams like the Lakers, Spurs and the Jazz.

I don't know, from what I've seen over the last couple of years, Houston has played better on the road........it has something to do with Tmac's "depth perception" :rolleyes

Girasuck
11-07-2008, 05:37 PM
It's 5 games into the season. You're 3-2 (could easily be 5-0) adding a very important new piece to your team. I wouldn't be too worried at this point.

Houston is still a great team and will be in the top 4 at the end of the season.

Many PackYao
11-07-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't know, from what I've seen over the last couple of years, Houston has played better on the road........it has something to do with Tmac's "depth perception" :rolleyes
That's dumb of him to make that excuse because a lot of star players have big nights and hit clutch shots in the Toyota.Kobe and Dirk seem to do well there overall.

Roxsfan
11-07-2008, 05:38 PM
yeah that was a pretty pathetic showing by the rox.

congrats to thong and the blazers:toast

Many PackYao
11-07-2008, 05:43 PM
yeah that was a pretty pathetic showing by the rox.

congrats to thong and the blazers:toast
I thought it was TThong?:lol

Roxsfan
11-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I thought it was TThong?:lol

my bad:downspin: