PDA

View Full Version : 4 and 5 combos

hillscountry
11-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Just watching the replay of tnt's postgame last night.

They were showing Oneal and Bosh together, and it made me think....

Oneal/Bosh
Shaq/Amare
Gasol/Bynum
Oden/Aldridge
Yao/Scola or Laundry

Oberto,Bonner,Thomas,Ian/Duncan---this is just embarrassing. I really want to believe but we need another credible big, or it will be a long season. Splitter may have done it....

Allanon
11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/resourceserver/13302/58f38790-0695-47e7-996f-82678566478f/d10/rglang/iv/filename/tau-ceramica.png

Spur-Addict
11-07-2008, 04:12 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/resourceserver/13302/58f38790-0695-47e7-996f-82678566478f/d10/rglang/iv/filename/tau-ceramica.png

:lol

Instant chuckle.

MaNu4Tres
11-07-2008, 04:26 PM
This has been an issue since Nazr and Rasho left. Sad to say but I would have rather not have traded Rasho away.

xtremesteven33
11-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Well trade for someone or sign someone by the end of the deadline...Pop knows our need and will not lay back and expect us to win with this shallow of Bigs....hell get someone BIG TIME....BOOK IT

MaNu4Tres
11-07-2008, 04:33 PM
We just dont have the trading pieces to bring over a big thats better than what we have. It's Mahimni or Bust

xtremesteven33
11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
We just dont have the trading pieces to bring over a big thats better than what we have. It's Mahimni or Bust

Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol.......

honestfool84
11-07-2008, 05:07 PM

it really pissed me off when he decided not to sign with the spurs.

anyways.
when is he available to play for the spurs again?
next year?

Allanon
11-07-2008, 05:11 PM

anyways.
next year?

Yo, I feel your pain.

Spurs got unlucky that he was a late first rounder so they were limited on the money they could have paid him. If he was a 2nd rounder, he'd probably be a Spur. The NBA will probably change this rule somehow due to overseas competition.

honestfool84
11-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Yo, I feel your pain.

Spurs got unlucky that he was a late first rounder so they were limited on the money they could have paid him. If he was a 2nd rounder, he'd probably be a Spur. The NBA will probably change this rule somehow due to overseas competition.

but will he be able to play for the spurs next year?
gosh, dangit. answer the stupid question!

just kidding!

boutons_
11-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Rasho looks awfully good right now. At least his defense and rotations were excellent, and clearing out a driving lanes for our guards.

Allanon
11-07-2008, 05:24 PM
but will he be able to play for the spurs next year?
gosh, dangit. answer the stupid question!

just kidding!

Hahah.

Splitter's contract has a buyout clause so he could join the Spurs next year.

Unfortunately, the outlook is not good. They can still only pay him $1 million (1st round pick pay scale) next year while Tau's probably willing to pay $3-5 million.

In addition, the max the Spurs can pay for his buyout is $500,000 or so, if the contract buyout is higher, the Spurs can't get him.

This much I recall, if some other Spur fans know better, feel free to correct me.

honestfool84
11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Hahah.

Splitter's contract has a buyout clause so he could join the Spurs next year.

Unfortunately, the outlook is not good. They can still only pay him $1 million (1st round pick pay scale) next year while Tau's probably willing to pay $3-5 million.

In addition, the max the Spurs can pay for his buyout is $500,000 or so, if the contract buyout is higher, the Spurs can't get him.

This much I recall, if some other Spur fans know better, feel free to correct me.

danight; that really, really sucks.
i think (from what i've seen of splitter), that we would definitely be title favorites/contenders with a GREAT big man like him.
i mean, he is not amare, but if he could play superb defense, and then give us 10ppg; whew, watch out NBA!

maybe the spurs can somehow convince him to play...for the love of the game.

Allanon
11-07-2008, 05:34 PM
danight; that really, really sucks.
i think (from what i've seen of splitter), that we would definitely be title favorites/contenders with a GREAT big man like him.
i mean, he is not amare, but if he could play superb defense, and then give us 10ppg; whew, watch out NBA!

Agreed, there wouldn't be so many Trade Parker/Manu/Duncan/YoMomma threads around here if Splitter were here. He'd solve lots of problems, and yes, I've seen him play, he's a baller.

maybe the spurs can somehow convince him to play...for the love of the game.

You're a fool, but at least you're an HonestFool :D

honestfool84
11-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Agreed, there wouldn't be so many Trade Parker/Manu/Duncan/YoMomma threads around here if Splitter were here. He'd solve lots of problems, and yes, I've seen him play, he's a baller.

well that's why i want him.
not cause i care about that trades; because no matter how much fans cry and whine here, they are not going to get anyone traded.

but we'd be dang good.

You're a fool, but at least you're an HonestFool :D

you and your lord of the rings quotes..
ha.

Allanon
11-07-2008, 06:10 PM
well that's why i want him.
not cause i care about that trades; because no matter how much fans cry and whine here, they are not going to get anyone traded.

but we'd be dang good.

Yup, Spurs would have been bad-ass with a Splitter/Duncan combo, he's got size, athleticism, scoring and great defense. He really improved his post game in the last year. He'd be a top tier NBA Center.

you and your lord of the rings quotes..
ha.

Hahah, just messin' with you. Yah, I loved Lord of the Rings, can't forget those quotes.

ploto
11-07-2008, 06:13 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/598.jpg
You miss me- you know you do...

mystargtr34
11-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Getting rid of Rasho's 42 million is worth seing Bonner single handedly take the crown of worst NBA starter in NBA history.

xtremesteven33
11-07-2008, 06:27 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/598.jpg
You miss me- you know you do...

HILARIOUS :lol

MaNu4Tres
11-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Getting rid of Rasho's 42 million is worth seing Bonner single handedly take the crown of worst NBA starter in NBA history.

I would have rather have kept Rasho's 8 million a year( which expires this year) than use that money on Bonner/ Butler/ Elson/ Oberto.

Who knows if we kept Rasho maybe Scola would be wearing silver and black right now. Seeing how we used some of Rasho's money for Jackie Butler.

m33p0
11-07-2008, 07:54 PM
another tiago fucking splitter thread?

i believe he signed a 3 year deal with tau. another poster said he won't be available til 2010.

hillscountry
11-07-2008, 08:11 PM

i believe he signed a 3 year deal with tau. another poster said he won't be available til 2010.

I didn't intend this to be a splitter thread, just there are some pretty incredible 4/5 combos out there this year. Reminds of the David/Tim years.

Slippy
11-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Edit.. wrong thread

hillscountry
11-08-2008, 08:23 PM
not to rekindle this thread or anything but:

McDyess/Duncan does better. We'd have to eat bonners 3M+lux and pay mickydeys $$, but it is it worth it

sorry about the edit, hit return accidentley before I could finish:hat

tp2021
11-08-2008, 08:25 PM
not to rekindle this thread or anything but:

MycDess/Duncan doesn

WTF?!
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5194/1ari3bt7.gif

hillscountry
11-08-2008, 08:43 PM
please forgive my ignorance, I'm not new here just tryinto to participate a bit more. hit retun before I was finished. I have edited...

BTW, entourage has got to be the best thing going to tv right now, not 1 episode fails to produce enough t&a to make it worthwhile. Vince is the man.......

jjktkk
11-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol.......

That was a fire sale move by the memphis owner, whoses trying to sell the team. Bad example.

hillscountry
11-08-2008, 09:56 PM
bThat was a fire sale move by the memphis owner, whoses trying to sell the team. Bad example.

ok how about we add to the list: maybe 2ndtier:

Brown/sheed
okur/boozer or kirenkle]
nene/martin (could have fiisr tier wi cambay)
dirk/dampier??

Anyway Timmys is better than all ov these(no menntion of howard) but doesn't have that 5 (or 4) to to compete with these linesl We are going to get killed on the inside defensively and strugglee offeively... Hopefrully Tony an Manu can over come, or we are lottery bound.

lefty
11-08-2008, 09:58 PM

Rasho >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bonner

mystargtr34
11-08-2008, 10:11 PM

I think he has an option after each year to come to the NBA if he wishes - definately after the second season - im not sure about the first.

mystargtr34
11-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Rasho >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bonner

Of course, but in todays game its almost imossible to play Rasho and Tim together, one of them has to guard a quicker 4 which makes it tough. Still probly better than seeing Bonner attempt to play defense.

If we kept Rasho, then there would probly be no Kurt Thomas, Bonner would still be around.

I guess Rasho>Thomas though, at least he blocks shots.

m33p0
11-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I think he has an option after each year to come to the NBA if he wishes - definately after the second season - im not sure about the first.
HE HAS TO GET HIS PORTUGESE-SPEAKING-BRAZILIAN ASS STATESIDE ASAP!
i hope you're right about the first part and he decides to come over next year.

m33p0
11-08-2008, 11:07 PM
tony, manu, mason, tim, tiago.

Thomas82
11-08-2008, 11:13 PM

anyways.
next year?

It's all good, you reap what you sow.

mrspurs
11-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Just watching the replay of tnt's postgame last night.

They were showing Oneal and Bosh together, and it made me think....

Oneal/Bosh
Shaq/Amare
Gasol/Bynum
Oden/Aldridge
Yao/Scola or Laundry

Oberto,Bonner,Thomas,Ian/Duncan---this is just embarrassing. I really want to believe but we need another credible big, or it will be a long season. Splitter may have done it....

Welcome back. Where ya been?

hillscountry
11-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Welcome back. Where ya been?

casual observer of the best spurs forum. Anyway I thought I'd make the the point because it seems so remarkable that we suck so bad at the 4/5 (excluding Tim of course).

BTW, mrspurs, is it mr spurs or mrs spurs which means you are you female... If so please provide pic as proof of gender....again only if female...