PDA

View Full Version : Still think Ginobili should have played for Argentina?

MiamiHeat
11-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Manu already had a gold medal. Spurs could use him right now...

Do you still think it was wise for him to play in the Olympics and re-injured himself?

timtonymanu
11-07-2008, 08:33 PM
yes! because if he had not played the olympics, he could have had to do it in the season. better he get the surgery now than later.

ace3g
11-07-2008, 08:34 PM
yeah I'm glad he injured his ankle before the season started rather then later, got it fixed with surgery, will play the 2nd half of the season with a lot of energy

Why kind of question is this anyway?

duncan228
11-07-2008, 08:34 PM
This has been beat to death. The chances are that if he didn't play this summer he would have hurt himself during the season. Better now than the Spring. Even Pop said it was probably a blessing in disguise that he played.

MiamiHeat
11-07-2008, 08:37 PM
yes! because if he had not played the olympics, he could have had to do it in the season. better he get the surgery now than later.

that doesn't make sense because Popovich wanted Manu to stay home and get his injury checked up by doctors and rest.

They would have treated him and he would have been healed.

Manu getting no treatment and making it worse is the worst scenario.

spursfan09
11-07-2008, 08:42 PM
that doesn't make sense because Popovich wanted Manu to stay home and get his injury checked up by doctors and rest.

why do you ask, if you aren't going take our answers for what they are?

Believe us, him playing was a blessing in disguise, because he might have reinjured during the season, and then had the surgery. Now he got all that out of the way and will comeback very rested.

amy020
11-07-2008, 08:43 PM
why can't a guy play for his country ,especially it might be the last time he play the Olympic Games.Argentina had already won a gold medal? the spurs had already won 4 championships. morever, Manu may get injured in the new season.

v2freak
11-07-2008, 08:44 PM

Yep. Pop calling it a "blessing in disguise" was most likely his way of saying "let's look towards the future. I'm not going to kick a guy while he's down and say 'I told you so'"

TMTTRIO
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
if he stayed home and rested it, it might have healed up for the beginning of the season but it would've likely have gone out. It was going to go to need surgery either way.

Gino2882
11-07-2008, 09:16 PM
The crap about him hurting it in the season is crap, absolute crap and most of you know it. He just needed to rest it over the summer. Not to mention the rest of his body that could use the rest.

it was a dumb basketball decision for Manu, Parker injury or not.

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2008, 09:27 PM
it's not Manu's fault our team hasn't surrounded our stars with the right players..Tim Duncan is the best PF in the NBA and Parker is a top 5 PG, that should be enough to build around..

rascal
11-07-2008, 09:30 PM
This has been beat to death. The chances are that if he didn't play this summer he would have hurt himself during the season. Better now than the Spring. Even Pop said it was probably a blessing in disguise that he played.

If he is that fragile then he should have been traded.

rascal
11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
it's not Manu's fault our team hasn't surrounded our stars with the right players..Tim Duncan is the best PF in the NBA and Parker is a top 5 PG, that should be enough to build around..

yes those two are a great foundation to build around. Unfortunately the spurs think that surrounding them with over the hill slow stiffs is enough.

DMX7
11-07-2008, 09:32 PM
yes those two are a great foundation to build around. Unfortunately the spurs think that surrounding them with over the hill slow stiffs is enough.

Yeah, think SHaq and Kobe of 2003. They were in their prime and everything else wround them was garbage.

Harry Callahan
11-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Manu's ankle was chronic. He rested for two months in June and July and got hurt again after just a handful of games in the Olympics.

Unfortunately, everyone outside of Duncan seems to be injured right now.

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, think SHaq and Kobe of 2003. They were in their prime and everything else wround them was garbage.

at least the lakers garbage could run up and down

unlike these wankers on the team...

Cant_Be_Faded
11-07-2008, 11:41 PM
No, it's a good thing that Ginobili played hurt in the playoffs, played hurt in the olympics, got their asses handed to them by a ridiculously obviously better team, got surgery, will come back too late, and will probably never be the same player.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Why, you got a time machine?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2008, 12:54 AM

Do you still think it was wise for him to play in the Olympics and re-injured himself?

Flogging a dead hose, much? :rolleyes

Just because a player is contracted to a team does not mean the team, its fans, or anyone else, owns that PERSON. It's Manu's choice whether to play for his country, and no-one else's.

The crap about him hurting it in the season is crap, absolute crap and most of you know it. He just needed to rest it over the summer. Not to mention the rest of his body that could use the rest.

it was a dumb basketball decision for Manu, Parker injury or not.

Ah, no. It was a chronic injury. You think he wouldn't have turned it some time during an 82 GAME SEASON?

Moron.

mVp
11-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Lame thread.

Supreme_Being
11-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I wonder why we always talk shit about our big three...

underdawg
11-08-2008, 01:19 AM

At least a lot of Spurs fans on this site aren't negative. I'm glad most of them still believe in our FO and the ability of our team to endure a hardship like they're in. So much positive love on this site regarding our future.

Seriously, I'd hate to be a Spurs fan like a lot of folks are on this site - always doom and gloom - what have you done for me lately. "We suck, we should trade the team and start over...blah, blah, blah." Spurs have always been the underdawg and they've always had adversity - sorry if you jumped on the bandwagon during the championships, but part of being a Spurs fan isn't just for the good times. I'm actually very curious to see how this makeshift team will do in the next couple of weeks. I think we might have an opportunity for some young players to get experience and if by some miracle we win some games and get Manu and Tony back we'll be in good shape. Ian being healthy migh turn out to be a season changer too. Don't count out the potential of Mason, Hill and Tolliver - big upgrades to what we had last year.

diego
11-08-2008, 06:17 AM
the spurs are still in better shape than last years heat team- 1-4 extrapolates to a 16 win season. So even with the worst franchise start ever, the spurs > the heat.

You should be worrying about wade's inevitable injury this season, after all, he played in the olympics and he doesnt need help picking up injuries. Wade will be lucky to hit 30 and still be playing basketball.

m33p0
11-08-2008, 06:31 AM
olympics or not, he was getting that surgery.

mrspurs
11-08-2008, 07:16 AM

Heck no. Manu was hurt after our season and continued to play. I dont care who he played for. But you dont play when your hurt. He didnt think about the team who paid him. He was thinking of his real teammates. The gold and his real teammates were more important then the Silver and Black and the money the Silver and Black pay him. Its that simple.

mrspurs
11-08-2008, 07:18 AM

Thats what this place is for. Its like a wall for Spurs fans to put down graffiti.

TMTTRIO
11-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Heck no. Manu was hurt after our season and continued to play. I dont care who he played for. But you dont play when your hurt. He didnt think about the team who paid him. He was thinking of his real teammates. The gold and his real teammates were more important then the Silver and Black and the money the Silver and Black pay him. Its that simple.

So would you have been mad if Manu rested all summer to get better and then in December or January his ankle went out again and had to have the surgery then and probably out for the rest of the season. I don't like it as well but I'm actually glad he's gotten it done. Besides he stepped up last year after Tony injured his ankle in summer play and Tim. Also let's just say the same thing about Tony. Tony shouldn't of played this summer.

mrspurs
11-08-2008, 09:56 AM

Takes no brain surgeon to figure that one out.

mrspurs
11-08-2008, 09:57 AM
if he stayed home and rested it, it might have healed up for the beginning of the season but it would've likely have gone out. It was going to go to need surgery either way.

Says who? A doctor from Argentina?

mrspurs
11-08-2008, 09:58 AM

+1

ElNono
11-08-2008, 12:46 PM

Pop

ElNono
11-08-2008, 12:47 PM
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Manufan909
11-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Nice.

hater
11-08-2008, 01:00 PM

Pop himself said that, genius

manufor3
11-08-2008, 01:40 PM
rascal, mrspurs, and MiamiHeat are some of the most negative people on this board

Mikeyjr88
11-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I dont think the poor guy had a choice. His country asked him to play. What was he supposed to do? Say "no."

mrspurs
11-08-2008, 05:28 PM
I dont think the poor guy had a choice. His country asked him to play. What was he supposed to do? Say "no."

He was supposed to do what his ankle and his team asked him todo. And that was not play. You dont really think Pop and his crew wanted Manu to play while he was hurt do ya? Besides we all know why Manu played while he was hurt. Because he wanted to beat team USA. Kinda of an oxymoron if you ask me. When players like Manu and Nocioni and Yao play hurt, to beat the country they get paid by, it makes no sense to me. (noone wins) I can understand the pressure Yao was in. But Manu could have easily rested instead of making his own ankle worse. This is beyond a sport. This is just plain common sense. He's just a kid at 30something. And he made a bad mistake. I recall Tony acting like a kid when Pop wanted to bring in Jason Kidd to play next to him. Just because they make millions doesnt mean they're smart enough to always make the right choices. Whats crazy is if you ask Manu if he would do it again. I bet he would say yes in front of cameras. But deep inside he knows he messed up. We could have looked for other players but Manu put us in position to look for a 2 when we really didnt need that spot tinkered with just yet. No brainer......:nope

oski1000
11-08-2008, 10:11 PM
TRADE MANU......we don't need him!!!

TDMVPDPOY
11-08-2008, 10:12 PM
trade him now imo.....

MiamiHeat
11-09-2008, 04:29 AM
it's not like manu didn't have a gold medal already

Manufan909
11-09-2008, 04:37 AM
Yeah, that's fucking smart. I guess that's how the Spurs feel everytime they have a chance of repeating, huh? "Oh, well we got one of those last time, it's whatever."

Indazone
11-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Meah, so you lose Parker and Ginobili until the All-Star break. All the Spurs have to do is play .500 ball during that time. Oh wait..

lol

Oh, Gee!!
11-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I never thought he shoulda played in the olympics, and I haven't changed my mind. He shoulda rested.

Indazone
11-09-2008, 10:58 AM
No reason to rush Manu back now...why risk reinjury.

SynicFan
11-09-2008, 11:07 AM
No reason to rush Manu back now...why risk reinjury.

I say GO FOR IT!
RISK IT. the Spurs NEED him BAD!
Bring him back TODAY!

hehehe....

SynicFan
11-09-2008, 11:09 AM
TRADE MANU......we don't need him!!!

oh wait...
i like this idea better....

hehehe

2centsworth
11-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Manu had half a brain and I'm now convinced he's lost that half.