PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-19-2005, 10:27 PM
F*CK!

:wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Amare, off Nash's head for the 'oop, nice...

Dex
02-19-2005, 10:32 PM
As much as I'm sick of hearing about Phoenix tonight, that alley off of Nash's head WAS pretty sweet.

BTW, how the fuck DID Chris Anderson get in the dunk contest?

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-19-2005, 10:40 PM
In all fairness to Chris Anderson, he didn't have Dickau or Josh Smith floating around to throw him passes tonight.

ShoogarBear
02-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Putting on Nique's jersey was sweet, too.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-19-2005, 10:44 PM
We need a Dunk of Champions.

Kobe, VC, Josh Smith, J-Rich and LeBron (I think he'll win an award tomorrow night).

sickdsm
02-19-2005, 10:49 PM
I dunno, i liked JR Smiths first dunk the best. Josh smith only came up with one dunk, the Kmart special. Nash did pretty good but why did he have Amare helping him out?

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-19-2005, 10:51 PM
You're a tard sick.

It's not just about the dunk, it's about everything going into it, particularly the elevation and the power. Josh Smith brought it in droves. Just the KMart special? He recreated one of 'Nique's dunks complete with jersey, as well as going vintage Dr. J taking flight.

Go ahead and tell us all how KG could have done better, we know it's coming.

sickdsm
02-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Sorry, you dont' think JR smith or Fred Jones or Vince or any athetic 3 that can jump out of the gym couldn't have done that? Tell you what, you replace his Kmart dunk with any rehashed one, how about Vince sticking his elbow in the rim, he DOES NOT make it.

Recreated? More like duplicated.

It's not just about the dunk.

I know, creativity is more important. He was real creative when he decided to put a differnt jersey on. Don't get me wrong, he performed them flawlessly, but i have a problem with what he performed.

The "tried but true" doctor J dunk brought the exact same score with the creative dunk that JR performed right out of the box, the exact same score as amare's lame first dunk too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Here's the problem... JR Smith was there, and didn't do it, and didn't win. You made my point for me.... the KMart assist was a great dunk, so what's your problem with it?

That's like saying take away Dr. J's free throw line leap, or Spud's double pump, etc. and they were just another dunker.

It was a signature dunk, and one that people will remember. Just because the Wolves suck doesn't mean you have to go PMSing 24-7.

E20
02-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Whatever Dr. J said during the commenation. It was like Puncantion, Poise, Emotion. Those come into factor the dunk.

ALVAREZ6
02-19-2005, 11:02 PM
I told you, I predicted it yesterday, Josh Smith won. This guy is sick.

Amare's dunks were cool, but only because of Nash's soccer skills...if it weren't for Nash, Amare wouldn't even be in the finals.

Josh Smith has everything in terms of being a sick dunker...hang time, smoothness, power...you name it. This guy is at the top of the list with all the great dunkers like Lebron , Vince, etc.

ALVAREZ6
02-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Sickdsm, you're a moron. I'm not even going to tell you why.

IcemanCometh
02-19-2005, 11:19 PM
hmm i wonder why josh smith is on my fantasy team.

sickdsm
02-19-2005, 11:22 PM
All of the all time great dunkers had a signature move.

Josh smiths original dunk wasn't even considered his best of the night, it was IMO by far though.

He doesn't belong in that group.

I suppose all you guys were like the yahoo's on TNT that said it doesn't even matter what he does now that he put on the jersey.

I'm a moron because i don't fall in line. Riddle me this Batman, Was his castrated Dr. J dunk AS NICE as the original JR Smith one leading off? Because it did get the same score.

ALVAREZ6
02-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Riddle me this Batman, Was his castrated Dr. J dunk AS NICE as the original JR Smith one leading off? Because it did get the same score.

Am I a judge?

JR Smith's was nice, but was on his 3rd try, which always lowers your score.

Amare's 1st dunk sucked IMO, and he got a 45 as well.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2005, 12:13 AM
Your boy JR Smith would have looked really bad with his multiple attempts on his first dunk if it weren't for the fact it took Chris A. 30 minutes to get one down.

No one has proclaimed this kid the best of all time, just that he emphatically won this tonight, which you seem to be debating.

There's a reason you're the only one with that viewpoint, and it's not because you're right.

SLOVENIAN 8
02-20-2005, 03:54 PM
http://slike.stamcar.com/pics/smith21605.gif

T Park
02-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Josh Smith is the man.

BTW, would Kenny and Dr J make fun of Chris Andersen alot if he were black??

I dont think so.

You know they wanted to bust out the cracka smack. Charles and Dr J were just PRIMED.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2005, 05:32 PM
They weren't making fun of him for being white, they were making fun of him because he sucked.

T Park
02-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Right.

And when it took Amare Stoudemire 5 6 times to get his reverse dunk.

"Oh thats new, but he just couldnt pull it off"

Whatever.

whottt
02-20-2005, 05:52 PM
You know what's funny? Last year Andersen was in the dunk contest and he actually was pretty good...he hit all his dunks early and IMO did the hardest dunks, and then he started screwing up on one of his dunks, but basically he did a damn good job. I think his performance last year was one of the main reasons he was asked back again this year. The guy can get up in the air and he does some impressive stuff for how big he is...

He was decent last year, in fact I'd say he did kind of get jobbed by the judges in his early dunk because he clearly did the best dunk in the first round...last year.

But last night he acted like a fucking clown...lol! The laughing was good natured, because frankly he sucked ass and was a huge blackeye on what was an otherwise awesome dunk contest. LMAO but that mofo didn't care that he sucked, he was going to keep trying until he hit his dunks.

Trying 6 or 7 times to hit a dunk is just suck, plain and simple...they ought to limit how many attempts they get...even if they aren't hitting the basket.

Oh and TPark...I don't think those guys were being racist...he did suck and he did take forever.

whottt
02-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Right.

And when it took Amare Stoudemire 5 6 times to get his reverse dunk.

"Oh thats new, but he just couldnt pull it off"

Whatever.

Amare didn't suck every time...Andersen did.

And the refs didn't give Amare good scores for that dunk that took 6 times to hit.

If he'd hit it on the first or second try he probably would have won the dunk contest.

ShoogarBear
02-20-2005, 06:25 PM
hmm i wonder why josh smith is on my fantasy team.

LMAO.

Your fantasy league gives points for the dunk contest?