PDA

View Full Version : Injury Impact

Ghost Writer
11-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Beyond the obvious impact of losing your second and third best players, the impact of no Manu and Parker is even worse, because the lone star left, Duncan, is not going to mesh well with the role players that are healthy.

You saw tonight that Pop held Duncan out, because the Spurs wen ton a run with the second unit that pushed the ball and popped 3s.

Pop will have to find ways to integrate Tim into that style of play for the next couple of weeks.

I am also very concerned with Parker's injury being to the same left ankle, that when he does come back, he will not be 100% for the rest of the year.

He is not effective without his speed.

SequSpur
11-07-2008, 11:17 PM
They were running Parker's ass ragged these past 4 games. That's what happens. Pop continues to fail.

jaffies
11-07-2008, 11:20 PM
They were running Parker's ass ragged these past 4 games. That's what happens. Pop continues to fail.

:tu

pawe
11-07-2008, 11:23 PM
how'd you get to 1mil posts anyway?

ducks
11-07-2008, 11:28 PM

by posting :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

SequSpur
11-07-2008, 11:35 PM
by posting :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

is your name GW?

ploto
11-08-2008, 12:23 AM

I worried after they did the same to Manu last season.

Mr. Body
11-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Impacts Duncan, who is the only good player left on the roster. Heightens the likelihood of an injury to him, due to the need to play him too many minutes. Domino effect.

timvp
11-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Impacts Duncan, who is the only good player left on the roster.Holding off on RMJ, I see.

m33p0
11-08-2008, 02:24 AM
might be a good idea to have Duncan lay off on defense and just grab rebounds. have him concentrate on offense but not with 4-down. there aren't enough shooters to allow spacing.

mexicanjunior
11-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Holding off on RMJ, I see.

RMJ is a good compliment but, without Parker to set him up for some of those open 3's, I have a feeling he will have a harder time finding good shots.

lefty
11-08-2008, 02:33 AM
RMJ is a good compliment but, without Parker to set him up for some of those open 3's, I have a feeling he will have a harder time finding good shots.

He doesn't need TP for that.

Just good ball movement, and Maze has a quick release

mexicanjunior
11-08-2008, 02:41 AM
He doesn't need TP for that.

Just good ball movement, and Maze has a quick release

Do you trust there will be good ball movement when the Spurs won't have a real threat to penetrate a team's defense and force help? Also, with such a lack of scoring, I can forsee team's just single covering Duncan and forcing him to beat you by himself...something I just don't see him being able to consistently do at this stage of his career.

Ice009
11-08-2008, 03:07 AM

He scored most of his points tonight when Parker went out and Duncan wasn't on the floor. When Mason got aggressive his offense got going.

mexicanjunior
11-08-2008, 03:11 AM
He scored most of his points tonight when Parker went out and Duncan wasn't on the floor. When Mason got aggressive his offense got going.

Don't get me wrong, I thought he played really well tonight but I don't think his game is centered around creating shots for himself. I think extended playing time, with him forced to handle the ball more, will expose this...

mrspurs
11-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Just alot of bad luck that has exposed the FO. Thats all this is. Im wondering how long before Mr. Holt decides he might be better off listening to someone else when it comes to finding talent. Make no mistake, we got lucky with TP and Manu. We didnt get lucky with Drob and Timmy. Now fans can really see what our FO has been doing for a few years now. And our record tho early will show it as well.

SPURS vs NBA media
11-08-2008, 07:15 AM

the person has no life :lmao

SPURS vs NBA media
11-08-2008, 07:18 AM

Parker went up for a lay up he just stop wrong,I guess you did not see the game all LOSERS like to blamed POP

SequSpur
11-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Parker went up for a lay up he just stop wrong,I guess you did not see the game all LOSERS like to blamed POP

Did I say Pop? Look, Parker has been running around like he has to carry this team... jacking shit up, sacrificing his body.... even some of you all says he is not a point guard...

dude is trying to do everything, because his surrounding cast sucks.