PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of 4 aint bad

Matrix
02-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Nash with the skills, Thunder Dan representing and Q the 3 man, Amare almost had it, he should of put on a barkley jersey, but like i was telling my friend big men are not good at the dunk contest....

ALVAREZ6
02-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Nash with the skills, Thunder Dan representing and Q the 3 man, Amare almost had it, he should of put on a barkley jersey, but like i was telling my friend big men are not good at the dunk contest....
Amare stayed alive only because of Nash...nash was the one that did all the hard parts, and he even came up with them in practice...so it was basically nash in the contest, just Amare doing the dunks.

Matrix
02-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Amare stayed alive only because of Nash...nash was the one that did all the hard parts, and he even came up with them in practice...so it was basically nash in the contest, just Amare doing the dunks.

Just like it games, but no i agree big men just don't do well in dunk contest

dollyllama
02-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Enjoy your national exposure. This is the Sun's big show for the year.

TheWriter
02-20-2005, 01:28 AM
Um... Josh Smith is 6'9/6'10. He did damn well for a "big guy."

Amare is just a power dunker. He's not creative. He can't get air. He's not flexible in the air. He's a mini Shaq dunker. nothing great about it. He made it to the fuinals because Nash and because Anderson was int he dunk contest.

Had Lebron been in it. It'd have been 'Bron and Smith in the finals.

TheWriter
02-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Just like it games, but no i agree big men just don't do well in dunk contest

Then why did Josh Smith win?

dollyllama
02-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Amare is just a power dunker. He's not creative. He can't get air.
True, true, false.

san antonio spurs
02-20-2005, 02:00 AM
True, true, false.
so u are a hornets fan,
how is it like?
now here is a true fan :hat
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

TheWriter
02-20-2005, 02:05 AM
True, true, false.

So he could dunk from the freethrow line or around that length? He could of jumped over another player sitting down?

No.

By air, I mean, AIR. Not getting high enough to dunk.

dollyllama
02-20-2005, 03:42 AM
The problem with many of today's dunkers is that their hands are too small. To do a FT line takeoff, you have to be able to TRULY palm the ball, not cradle it against your forearm. If you can hold the ball up like a waiter's tray, it stays up high longer. If you can't, it's like you lose 6-8" off your vertical because you have to cup it, with your hand over the ball. Believe me, for a big man, Amare has mad vertical.

Rummpd
02-20-2005, 07:19 AM
How sweet it is for the Suns to win something that frankly doesn't mean a damm.

Some of the best dunkers were not there, nor some of the best 3 point shooters, it is all marketing.

Nash may have the skils but whose to say Manu or Beno put in same thing would not have dusted him?

whottt
02-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Amare is a fantastic dunker who is easily capable of winning a dunk constest against anyone...he won the National High School Dunk Contest...and LeBron was in that one IIRC. What set Josh Smith apart last night was that he hit all of his dunks on the first try.

The foot toss dunk was what killed Amare.

I wouldn't say those partner dunks were all Nash either...the head bounce dunk was first banked off the backboard by Amare...that's not easy to do.

That last one that got screwed up was all about Nash though...but still a coordinated dunk like that should still be capable of being the winning dunk, due to the team work involved.

Smith was the beneficiary of a pretty sweet KMart pass himself.

ZStomp
02-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Enjoy your mid-season awards! :lol

We have our goals on something else.

Dre_7
02-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah well, when you have 2 players from one team in the 3pt contest, your odds of winning it for that team are beter. But hey, when SA is hoisting the LOB Trophy at the end of the year, no one is gonna care who did what at the ASG!