PDA

View Full Version : play the young guns!!!

hater
11-08-2008, 11:49 AM
even if we lose by 20+ I enjoy watching the young spurs effort on the court. I think the only solution at this point is let the fans have some fun by watching Hill, and the gang of youthfuls run around.

it beats watching old finley and bonner(and even KT) embarrass our team. I feel bad for Finley but he is done. Pop needs to realize this as he did with Horry.andbonner.... blows.

Keep TD's minutes on 30. doesn't matter if we don't win a single game.

m33p0
11-08-2008, 12:18 PM
yup. they have to learn to win games on their own.

p.s. GET CHIP TO WORK ON HILL'S JUMPER ASAP!

exstatic
11-08-2008, 12:24 PM
yup. they have to learn to win games on their own.

p.s. GET CHIP TO WORK ON HILL'S JUMPER ASAP!

Hill's jumper will be fine once he gets over his NBA nervousness. It's about 100X better than Parker's was when he got into the league.

hater
11-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I really like Farmer. He's fearless and an energy guy.

Manufan909
11-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Indeed. And Mason proved that, once again, he is money. He started off bad, but ending 5-11 on 3's is something to be admired, since he only had Tim to work off of.

tlongII
11-08-2008, 12:58 PM
George Hill can't shoot.

hater
11-08-2008, 12:58 PM
George Hill can't shoot.

Neither can Vaughn, Finley or Bonner

benefactor
11-08-2008, 01:02 PM
George Hill can't shoot.
Greg Oden can't stay healthy.

Chomag
11-08-2008, 01:02 PM
George Hill can't shoot.

I think he can he just hasn't had much opportunity to get hot like he was in pre-season.

Also he needs to lose that hand brace as soon as he can because although very little, it takes very little to throw off your shot.

benefactor
11-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Hill's jumper will be fine once he gets over his NBA nervousness. It's about 100X better than Parker's was when he got into the league.
Agreed. George Hill actually has really good form on his shot. This stretch without Parker will be good for him to get comfortable within the system. Once that happens I am sure he will relax and shoot with more confidence. Kinda feel the same way about Tolliver too.

jbspurs
11-08-2008, 01:14 PM
We need to play the young guys and trade Bonner, Vaughn and Udoka. Udoka is a good player. But, he is not the right fit for the Spurs. He's so slow, always f---up the ball movement.

tlongII
11-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Agreed. George Hill actually has really good form on his shot. This stretch without Parker will be good for him to get comfortable within the system. Once that happens I am sure he will relax and shoot with more confidence. Kinda feel the same way about Tolliver too.

:lol

Hill's jumper is as flat as a board!

Manufan909
11-08-2008, 01:18 PM
They can be benched, but noo one would take any of them. And Udoka is one of the few Spurs doing ok this season, worry about Bonner, KT, Fin, and JV. They've given NOTHING. Ime has good defensive skills, scores better than Bruc, Fin, Bonner, KT, Fab, JV, more than half the active roster. So he stays. Shit, they all are staying.

m33p0
11-08-2008, 01:19 PM
the form is okay. he seems to be squared up for every shot. its the release. too high arching.

m33p0
11-08-2008, 01:21 PM
:lol

Hill's jumper is as flat as a board!
you obviously haven't seen his jumpshot unless you're saying that the board in question is prepped up.

Manufan909
11-08-2008, 01:22 PM
He should watch Mason. Dudes shot is even more beautiful than Barry's. He truly is a steal.

Strike
11-08-2008, 01:24 PM
George Hill can't shoot.

Greg Oden can't play.

m33p0
11-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Greg Oden can't play.
+1

tomtom
11-08-2008, 01:57 PM
He should watch Mason. Dudes shot is even more beautiful than Barry's. He truly is a steal.

Sigh, imagine if we had Mason AND Barry. Finley is useless so far.

m33p0
11-08-2008, 02:05 PM
there was one play where Money dribbled to his right on the 3pt area, took a shot... sweesh... like it was the simplest thing in the world.

SpurYank
11-08-2008, 02:44 PM
I agree. It is time to rebuild. We've had our run. Very few teams can say that. I say we start the same five who started the second half last night, until Tony and Manu get back, Then these players should be the first off the bench.

I would rather watch these young players grow and improve then suffer with players who apparently have given up.

SpurYank
11-08-2008, 02:45 PM
... or simply don't have it anymore Nothing wrong with that.

Borosai
11-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Yes.

AusSpursFan
11-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Good call, they certainly provided much better entertainment value.

Fermixalot
11-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I think Farmer has it in him to contribute, but he needs to stop trying to fit in and play his game. He's aggressive and that is what we're going to need on the offensive end, but he passes open shots too often. Once he settles down and (hopefully) becomes competent in our defensive scheme (is there one?) he'll be good.

I was impressed with Tolliver's hustle and energy on the boards. And minus the one horrific miss that bounced off what seemed like the top of the backboard, he was good on the offensive end.

Mason Jr. needs no words, he has been outstanding.

Hill as well has shown defensive tenacity. That rebound he skied for the other night was a great sign and his long reach should serve him well.

A few months with Chip, some defensive lessons from coaching staff, Manu and Tony back and we'll be a good team with some solid role players. They each just have to learn that role.

Flux451
11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Tolliver should up and made an immediate impact. I liked his hustle a lot and high IQ.

Mason is clutch.

Hill looks awkward when dribbling and shooting but is talented. He can take this team over. Seems like he needs to find a rhythm.

Farmer needs to move around more and keep on being aggresive. Take it to the hole shoot or dish. I like his defensive hustle alot.

I think we can stay around .500 by the time Manu comes back. We better

xtremesteven33
11-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Tolliver should up and made an immediate impact. I liked his hustle a lot and high IQ.

Mason is clutch.

Hill looks awkward when dribbling and shooting but is talented. He can take this team over. Seems like he needs to find a rhythm.

Farmer needs to move around more and keep on being aggresive. Take it to the hole shoot or dish. I like his defensive hustle alot.

I think we can stay around .500 by the time Manu comes back. We better

i would be happy going into december with a 9-12 record.

I also dont want to sleep on Mahinmi just yet. Looking at Tolliver play last night just shows that with youth and athletecism we can be better. Its funny cause i was playing NBA2K9 just awhile ago and Ian was in the game. I started him with Tim and WOW what a difference he made. He was blocking shots and grabbing offensive rebounds. Something KT, and Fab just dont do.

Hopefully its a good sign of things to come

mattyc
11-09-2008, 04:51 AM
I'm in agreement. The only way these guys (Hill, Farmer, Mahinmi, Tolliver) will get up to speed is by getting game time. Many other sporting examples of teams that invest time into their young kids that reaps benefits.

Dark Matter
11-09-2008, 10:25 AM
even if we lose by 20+ I enjoy watching the young spurs effort on the court. I think the only solution at this point is let the fans have some fun by watching Hill, and the gang of youthfuls run around.

it beats watching old finley and bonner(and even KT) embarrass our team. I feel bad for Finley but he is done. Pop needs to realize this as he did with Horry.andbonner.... blows.

Keep TD's minutes on 30. doesn't matter if we don't win a single game.

YES, time for a change. I don't care how many games we win this year. I am only watching now when the young guns are on the floor. I change the channel when I see finley,bonner, or anyone else thats just not bringing it. This is the first time I feel bored when watching the Spurs play. The young guys at least are interesting to watch devolpe their pro game :flag: .

Indazone
11-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Actually Pop has no choice but to play the young guns right now. The Veterans are playing like crap and you're right. The younguns are playing like their NBA lives depended on it and you know what? It does. So at least it's enjoyable to watch these guys scrap.

Indazone
11-09-2008, 11:00 AM
BTW..when is Mahnimi back?

hater
11-09-2008, 12:54 PM
this is me when Bonner, Finley and the old guys in the game:
"oh shit, fuck bonner what the fuck... Finley you suck!!! god damn!"

this is me when the young guys are in:
"come on... nice move Hill... nice hustle! good pass.... Mason!!!"