PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are not the spurs - a B4 "The thouths" thought

polandprzem
11-08-2008, 11:51 AM
That was an absolute disaster ! I was watching that game and from an offensive possessions to defense I felt more and more down. I said could it be any worse? Then TP went down. I was hoping it was not the knee and thank god it was “only” and ankle.
Other then that “Who are you ?”
… “I know who you are , just play with those young guys”

And looking at that game I would be happy with an effort they put in the game IF this team was in rebuilding mode, a tanking season with young guys want to take care of their position in NBA. But damn that was not an issue at least it should not be. That was not the spurs team I remember. There was absolutely nobody with any clue what spurs basketball is (ok there was Tim).

Offense – was archaic as hell, only those triangle gave some points from inside. Nobody could hit jack. And making shots from outside (well making shots) are everything in basketball. You can play what you want if you have shooters who can execute. We have nobody we can rely on. There is only mason who can hit something, that is not enough.
Next problem is that we d not have slashers, nobody could get into the lane and score, nobody. In todays basketball that is an important shit. You can create of the drives and you can suck up the D pass the ball etc. But damn we need finishers. Tony and Manu is not enough IMO esp. when Bowen is nothing on offense, nothing.

I was wondering if the spurs have the fuel to bring IT. Do they have enough left in the tank and Jeff Van Gundy said it. He said that “they are not playing bad, they just don’t have the fire power.” Well yea they don’t have. And the spurs should be contenders not young team who wants just to show they are tough but have no talent.
This team needs to work as hell to make the playoffs this year. Tim Duncan looked pissed, Pop looked frustrated. Not good. Pop wanted to give young guys more playing time and make fluid transition from old to new value spurs basketball. It seems that walk this talk will be tougher then we all could expect.
Spurs are 1-4 and are the worst team in the NBA (or maybe 25th ) I don’t know.

Defense – no rotations at all. Bowen two steps behind Bruce Bowen AD 2005! Only light spot was Hill and Udoka. Tim did not knew where to go. Spurs are broke down on D. Heat could do everything. Few passes, great spread and they got many open looks. At the same time ( this same night) I saw other games, not all games but few and samples. Damn other teams are way ahead of spurs on many aspects.

Spurs got to fight to get into the playoffs and be as good as they possibly can and maybe they will have a chance to do something in April and May.
I need to because I love them.
FUCK

cherylsteele
11-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Bowen two steps behind Bruce Bowen
Bowen must be really getting old :lol j/k

I am sure that is a typo

polandprzem
11-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Bowen must be really getting old :lol j/k

I am sure that is a typo

Well it's not ;p

Bowen two steps behind Bruce Bowen AD 2005!

Bowen in 2005 was fantastic

tomtom
11-08-2008, 02:04 PM
When's Parker, Manu, and Ian supposed to be coming back?

It's gonna be tough winning much for awhile. Hopefully Mason and to a lesser extent Ime can step up. I know Mason's capable of playing huge.

polandprzem
11-08-2008, 03:28 PM
First of all spurs must start to play as a team and find other ways to score.

Pop needs to change the offense. Without Tony and Manu he can't rely on his schematics which are good with those two players on the court.

Against Miami I saw bunch of highschoolers which did not knew what was going on. It is understanable because the more experienced guys just collapsed and are not intrested in playing in November and all the responsibilieties went on those highschoolers. So there is a LOT of work to do.

galvatron3000
11-08-2008, 03:44 PM
lots of off the ball movement, screens and cuts.

mrspurs
11-08-2008, 05:15 PM
lots of off the ball movement, screens and cuts.

Thats Fabs job.:lol

jjktkk
11-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Besides Duncan and Mason, the other bright spot was Tolliver. Love those two ,crisp, passes he threw to Duncan and also his 3-point makes. IMO hes only gonna get better.

Bender
11-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I guess this game was so bad that it doesn't deserve an official Game Thoughts.... :lol

:depressed

Thomas82
11-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Why didn't Pop put TD back in he game after the deficit got cut back down to 9?

polandprzem
11-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Why didn't Pop put TD back in he game after the deficit got cut back down to 9?

Tim was not helping much in that game.

---
Now I wonder if Pop will decide to go full force with young players.
I can be sure that Finley will be sitting next to Bonner on the bench next few games.
But what about Bowen? Make him a "just role player" ? With some assigments to the game? Or still start him and the put on the bench cause he can't keep going and his offense is ... what offense?

And what about froncourt?
Pop still don't know who to go with, Oberto or Thomas? Or leave them and start Tim as center?
when toi activate Mainhimi?

As I look at all that I see that the regular season is toi short.

Pop needs to change all what he was doing all those years with spurs basketball. setting plays, make the perfect things etc.

Now he needs to let the young guys get going and give them as much freedome as possible. With all that we need wins!

Tough season is coming ladies and gentelmen

cherylsteele
11-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Well it's not ;p

Bowen two steps behind Bruce Bowen AD 2005!

Bowen in 2005 was fantastic
You did type it that way....my bad.

Now that comparison seems to be right so far the season.