PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes And Video

duncan228
11-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Pop means business and Duncan seems...dazed?

Video here. (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/081107.html)

Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich

On the game - “Miami beat us in every way imaginable. They did a great job on both ends of the court; thus the outcome of the game.”
On Tony Parker - “The x-rays were negative, but it’s pretty swollen. He’ll be out two – four weeks probably.”

On the teams performance after Tony left the game - “We were already down by 15 points when Tony went down. It (the injury) had nothing to do with our performance. We were not competitive. We showed no competitiveness, no physicality. I’m disappointed with the starters. I enjoyed our group that played in the second half. They were physical and competitive. They got after it. They took nothing for granted. Hopefully our starters saw it; if not they were hiding.”

On the challenges ahead with Tony and Manu out - “The NBA is a challenge. Even when players are healthy, it’s a challenge. The West is difficult and it has nothing to do with injuries.”

On not putting Tim back in the game - “I had Tim, Bruce and Ime in the game the first time we cut the lead in the second half. But then we had two or three turnovers and went back up to 18 or 19 (lead). I didn’t put Tim into that situation. No sense using his minutes that way.”

Roger Mason, Jr.

On the game - “From jump ball, our intensity wasn’t where it needed to be and they jumped on us. Those are the things that are unacceptable.”
On getting the lead down to 9 points - “Well you always believe, and we had the momentum so we just kept fighting. I don’t think anybody on the court had given up at that point.”

On the loss of Tony Parker - “That’s part of the NBA and injuries happen. We were already down one All-Star and now we’re down two All-Stars and yeah, it’s tough. But I think that guys kept playing hard. At this point we can’t feel sorry for ourselves because nobody in the league is going to. We’ve got to find a way to pick ourselves up and keep going.”

On what they need to do to move forward - ”Practice. Tomorrow we have practice and im sure the coaches have devised a plan. Obviously some things are going to change because TP (Tony Parker) is such an integral part of our offense, so we’ll so what Coach Pop (Gregg Popovich) has in store for us.”

Tim Duncan

On the game - On the first half - “Just a poor start again. For whatever reason defensively we’re just really bad right now. They scored 25 or above in every quarter tonight basically. Not the kind of numbers that we can win games at.”

On the loss of Tony Parker - “You hope for the best and obviously he’s injured. Honestly, you’ve got to be happy that it’s not much worse and we’ll see what happens, what comes out of it. I don’t know how badly he’s hurt. Obviously he was out of here on crutches limping a little bit but we’ll see what happens tomorrow with the MRI.”

On if there’s missing pieces out on the court - “I don’t know what it is. I don’t know what to say. Obviously, there are a lot of different pieces. We have injuries; we have different guys out on the court that this is new to them. Just have to figure it out.”

J_Paco
11-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Reporter: Pop, do you have anyone on the floor that can replace Tony's production?

Pop (cold stare): Does anyone have a question that makes sense?

:rollin:rollin

Pop is always at his best when ripping a new one into stupid question asking reporters.

DynastyBuilder
11-08-2008, 03:16 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109212

duncan228
11-08-2008, 03:23 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109212

Sorry, didn't see it.