PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins

Flo-Rida
11-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Could they make the playoffs??

IronMexican
11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Nah, too many teams trying to make it in the AFC East. I can definitely see it next year, though.

mytespurs
11-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Could they make the playoffs??

It's possible-they are only 1 game out of first place. However, I don't see it. They barely won against a team they should've beaten handily today.

But as a Dolphins fan, I'm happy they have a winning record and attitude...haven't seen that in years!!! :hat

sa_butta
11-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Before today I was optimistic about being 9-7, now not so sure maybe 8-8 is more likely. Still a huge turnaround and with a good draft and some offseason moves we could be headed to the playoffs next season.

Go Phins

Borosai
11-09-2008, 09:36 PM
They could, but I don't think they will. Next year should be more likely since they appear to be improving.

sa_butta
11-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Kid was born to be a Dolphin, BTW check out the Michigan beanie...

U-k0UHtfPX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-k0UHtfPX8

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Playoffs? Wow, my expectations don't even take me there. I'm just glad we don't have the worst record in the NFL these days...

Oh, and I want to beat the Jets. So long as we beat the Jets at home on 12/28 I can totally live without the playoffs.

kwhitegocubs
11-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah, sure kid, why not? Eh, these chumps don't know how to ROOT for a team! In my day, if our team was 0-7, they were STILL going to make it to the playoffs. All you have to do is win.

I say, "Chad Pennington's on pace for 4,000 yards" and these low-life's just reflect back on the year before. C'mon, ya gotta believe in yer team!

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, sure kid, why not? Eh, these chumps don't know how to ROOT for a team! In my day, if our team was 0-7, they were STILL going to make it to the playoffs. All you have to do is win.

I say, "Chad Pennington's on pace for 4,000 yards" and these low-life's just reflect back on the year before. C'mon, ya gotta believe in yer team!

LOL. I root for my team. I rooted through the M to M2 years when there was always a chance for a miracle. I rooted through the declining Marino years when memory of miracles made me cling to hope. I rooted through the JJ rein even though I loathed the man. I have rooted ever since and will always continue to root.

I also know what my expectations are and how happy I'll be should they be proved wrong.

And I still don't care about win/loss stats or records so long as we beat the Jets ;-P

IronMexican
11-13-2008, 02:35 AM
LOL. I root for my team. I rooted through the M to M2 years when there was always a chance for a miracle. I rooted through the declining Marino years when memory of miracles made me cling to hope. I rooted through the JJ rein even though I loathed the man. I have rooted ever since and will always continue to root.

I also know what my expectations are and how happy I'll be should they be proved wrong.

And I still don't care about win/loss stats or records so long as we beat the Jets ;-P

Don't talk to me when you're on my block, talk to me when you're on my lawn!

Cheese
11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
IDK yet. Ask me in 2 weeks.The Fins will need to beat the Pats next week for me to begin to give you an answer.

mytespurs
11-17-2008, 03:21 PM
IDK yet. Ask me in 2 weeks.The Fins will need to beat the Pats next week for me to begin to give you an answer.

I don't know if they will beat the Pats this time. The Fins have been flirting with losses for two weeks but to their credit and unfortunately to my nerves, they've managed to win them close and ugly.

I don't know if they can do that against NE which has had two extra days of rest and Matt Cassel is playing better compared to early in the season. Plus, the pats will be ready for the wildcat this time. I'd still run it...maybe add a few wrinkles....because they couldn't stop it the first time....maybe, just maybe lightening may strike twice. I don't think so.....to my chagrin, I like the Pats this weekend though I think the Fish can pull it out IF they can play mistake free football (their special teams = horrendous!!!! :p::p:)

DBryant88
11-18-2008, 09:04 AM
anybody but the mother fucking patriots

NBA Junkie
11-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Tony Sparano for coach of the year.

sa_butta
11-18-2008, 12:01 PM
The way the Pats have been playing and putting up points, they Matt Cassel will probably abuse our secondary this time around. I hope it is alot closer than I think it will be, but I dont think the Dolphins win this week.

mytespurs
11-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Tony Sparano for coach of the year.

I think the falcons coach is one of the favorites (next to Jeff Fisher) of course but if the Fins finish on a run and win the afc east, Sparano's name will certainly be mentioned frequently. :)

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I just want to sweep the Pats and beat the Jets. Well, I'd also like one game where I wasn't pulling my hair out screaming for the last 15 minutes, but that seems like asking for the moon this season.

mytespurs
11-23-2008, 05:41 PM
The Fins got a a$$ kicking today. I figured they would lose but this was a bad loss imho. :wow

Well, we fins fan needed a reality check and this was it! Now let's see if they can regroup against the Rams or...will the Rams get their 3rd victory of the season against a not ready to play fins team.

Spurtacus
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
They are still in it mathmatically, but today's loss I believe was the nail in the coffin.

mytespurs
11-23-2008, 07:51 PM
They are still in it mathmatically, but today's loss I believe was the nail in the coffin.

Doesn't matter....imho, the fins are not ready for the playoffs yet. I'll take this record vs last year's. They have many holes to fill....they'll get better in time. The future appears to look good if Parcells & Co. can continue putting it together. :toast

sa_butta
11-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Doesn't matter....imho, the fins are not ready for the playoffs yet. I'll take this record vs last year's. They have many holes to fill....they'll get better in time. The future appears to look good if Parcells & Co. can continue putting it together. :toast
Exactly, I think even if we did make it to a wildcard we would have a first round TKO. Its been a good run and we will continue to improve. It also doesnt help that we lost our #1 WR Camarillo for the year. I hope we can get some secondary help and a go to game-breaking WR next season. Henne should see some action pretty soon. I say put him in once we are out of the playoff hunt for sure that way he is alleviated of the pressure. Yet he still gets some gametime experience.

sa_butta
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
So your saying there's a chance????

J.T.
12-09-2008, 11:15 AM
So your saying there's a chance????

They'll have to beat the Jets in Week 17 to pull it off, or hope that Baltimore somehow loses twice.

Sparano should definitely get COTY. Mike Smith should rightfully get some consideration because the Falcons were ass last year too, but if you take a team that was 1-15 the previous year into the playoffs, you're coach of the year in my book.

Though I think if the Patriots wind up in the playoffs, Belichick will probably get it again.

Flo-Rida
12-09-2008, 04:50 PM
At worst we will finish 10-6, to think we can finish 11-5 is unbelievable.

jack sommerset
12-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Is it safe to say the Dolphins benefitted most from the Brett Farve drama. All the talk about Jets and Packers the Dolphins are looking damn good about punching a playoff ticket with Chad at the helm.

sa_butta
12-09-2008, 08:02 PM
If we can some how pull off a win against the Bretts, that would be awesome. Either way this is a great start to a rebuilding team and Im excited about the future.

yavozerb
12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Keep it rolling phins, the jets will eventually run out of miracles..

mytespurs
12-14-2008, 11:34 PM
They'll have to beat the Jets in Week 17 to pull it off, or hope that Baltimore somehow loses twice.

Sparano should definitely get COTY. Mike Smith should rightfully get some consideration because the Falcons were ass last year too, but if you take a team that was 1-15 the previous year into the playoffs, you're coach of the year in my book.

Though I think if the Patriots wind up in the playoffs, Belichick will probably get it again.

I think it's going to come down to that game in the Meadowlands and I hate to say this but I don't like the Fins chances if that's the case. :depressed

COTY? I think Mike Smith of Atlanta will get however if the Fins can possibly pull off the impossible in my book and win the division, then Sparano may get it.

yavozerb
12-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I agree that the jets have more talent than the phins and should win, but most teams the phins have faced have the same or superior talent and somehow the phins come out on top..One game (do or die) for a playoff spot, I think any dolphin fan would have taken that after last season. Sparano already has COTY in the bag.

mFFL03
12-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Maybe if they gave it to Patrick Cobbs more they would have an easier time winning.

Obstructed_View
12-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Any doubt Sporano is coach of the year?

Chris
12-15-2008, 07:55 AM
John Fox

Cheese
12-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Dolphins win out they get the wild card?

monosylab1k
12-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Dolphins win out they get the wild card?

If they win out they get the division.

Obstructed_View
12-15-2008, 01:23 PM
John Fox

For a three game improvement on a team that's a couple of years removed from a Super Bowl? No thanks. I'll take the rookie head coach who put a 1-15 team into playoff contention with Chad Pennington running the show.

mytespurs
12-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree that the jets have more talent than the phins and should win, but most teams the phins have faced have the same or superior talent and somehow the phins come out on top..One game (do or die) for a playoff spot, I think any dolphin fan would have taken that after last season. Sparano already has COTY in the bag.

I would like the Fins chances better if that game were played in Miami vs NY in the winter. Don't get me wrong though...I'm extremely excited about the fins play this season-they are winning games they used to lose and they're in the hunt...I even allow myself to fantasize them winning the east.....from worst to first! But I also try to be realistic....they lost a game to the Jets earlier in the season...right now, the Jets seem to have Miami's number....that's why I can't see a victory in the meadowlands at the end of the month.

mytespurs
12-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Any doubt Sporano is coach of the year?

IMHO...only if the the Dolphins win the AFC East. Otherwise, it's the Atlanta coach.

yavozerb
12-15-2008, 06:02 PM
I would like the Fins chances better if that game were played in Miami vs NY in the winter. Don't get me wrong though...I'm extremely excited about the fins play this season-they are winning games they used to lose and they're in the hunt...I even allow myself to fantasize them winning the east.....from worst to first! But I also try to be realistic....they lost a game to the Jets earlier in the season...right now, the Jets seem to have Miami's number....that's why I can't see a victory in the meadowlands at the end of the month.

Miami could have and should have won that game...Not sure if you remember the hail mary throw from farve on 4th down for a TD (even with that it came down to the final play of the game)...Jets defenatly. have the talent but have you seen them the last 2 weeks? They seem to play down to their opponents skill level.

mytespurs
12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Miami could have and should have won that game...Not sure if you remember the hail mary throw from farve on 4th down for a TD (even with that it came down to the final play of the game)...Jets defenatly. have the talent but have you seen them the last 2 weeks? They seem to play down to their opponents skill level.

Yes *cringe* that was terrible and I agree....Miami could've/should've won that game after all that....that's why I'm not so high on the Fins chances in the Meadowlands....but I could be wrong...I hope I'm wrong in this case.

sa_butta
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Dolphins should have won that Jets game as well as the Texans game. We still have to go to KC and take care of business. One good thing to note is that the Jets have to travel all the way to Seattle then back to NY for the following week. I really long for both teams to win this week for the AFC showdown. I think the Dolphins have a good chance even playing in NY. I think the Defense needs to get on Favre early and often. And most importantly instead of trying to sack him low, grab his arms and alter his throws if you can't get the sack. Defense will be the difference in the game. Jets defense has been playing well as well and I have been less than impressed with the Dolphins offense in the 2nd half. It seems we come out on fire, then just lose offensive momentum coming back for the 2nd half.