PDA

View Full Version : PSU Out.

IronMexican
11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Jesus, I hope the Beavers can win out. USC NEEDS to play in a bowl that isn't the Rose Bowl.

redraiderinfiji
11-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Yes Yes Yes I Agree!

dallaskd
11-08-2008, 09:42 PM
The race looks like this...

Winner of Florida and Bama (SEC Championship)

VS

Texas, OU, Tech, or USC

Assuming USC and Tech both take care of business tonight. Tech is in if they win out. I think Oklahoma will beat them which creates a huge mess. And who gets in the Big 12 title game out of those 3?

redraiderinfiji
11-08-2008, 09:49 PM
The race looks like this...

Winner of Florida and Bama (SEC Championship)

VS

Texas, OU, Tech, or USC

Assuming USC and Tech both take care of business tonight. Tech is in if they win out. I think Oklahoma will beat them which creates a huge mess. And who gets in the Big 12 title game out of those 3?

Tech is playing the best football of any team in the nation.....PERIOD! They have to get rid of okie state and then somehow march into Norman and win! Its going to be hard as hell to win in Norman and Tech knows it!

Lets get by okie st first!

dallaskd
11-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I really hope USC will lose tonight to solve a lot of confusion and there will basically be a mini Big 12 vs SEC tourney.

J.T.
11-09-2008, 12:07 AM

If there's a three way tie for first in the Big 12 then the tiebreaker is the highest BCS average. Between Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech, Texas would win because they were #1 when the BCS polls started coming out, only dropped to #4 after losing to Tech, will likely be #3 after this week and if Tech loses to OU then they'll be #2.

IronMexican
11-09-2008, 02:08 AM
USC is done from the NT hopes. I just want to get a bowl against the SEC or B-12. Let me REPEAT THERE IS NO WAY USC GETS IN THE NT.

Texas Chili Dog
11-09-2008, 03:00 AM
USC is done from the NT hopes. I just want to get a bowl against the SEC or B-12. Let me REPEAT THERE IS NO WAY USC GETS IN THE NT.

False, I will tell you how it could happen. You ready? Here we go...

Alabama loses to Auburn or Mississippi St. and then loses to Florida in the SEC title game. Florida, before beating Bama in that game, loses to South Carolina or Florida State. Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma and, if they make the Big 12 title game, lose to Missouri. Texas loses to Kansas, or loses to Missouri in the Big 12 title game if they get there. Oklahoma beats Texas Tech to set Tech up for the scenario above, and then Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma St. the next week. Now, since all USC has to do is get to #2, that means USC can get there if Alabama loses to Auburn and Florida, Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma and Missouri, and Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma St. Also if Texas loses to Kansas or Missouri combined with any two of the scenarios in the previous sentence. Also if Florida loses to Florida St., Alabama does whatever it wants to, and losses by Texas Tech to Oklahoma and Oklahoma to Oklahoma St., and a Missouri win in the Big 12 title game. One more way would be if Alabama runs the table, and Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma, and then wins out, USC wins over Stanford, Notre Dame, and UCLA by a combined 165 points.

Good luck in your quest.

IronMexican
11-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Lol, like I said, no way. I don't mind, as long as we get in a bowl besides the Rose Bowl. I doubt we can win there, Capt Mike insisted that one of the main reasons we won so many Rose Bowls was because it was "in our back yard" although tickets are sold about 50/50.

Texas Chili Dog
11-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Lol, like I said, no way. I don't mind, as long as we get in a bowl besides the Rose Bowl. I doubt we can win there, Capt Mike insisted that one of the main reasons we won so many Rose Bowls was because it was "in our back yard" although tickets are sold about 50/50.

yeah, it's kinda getting boring seeing USC in the Rose Bowl every year. But alas, I think it's going to happen again. It would be against the Big 10 winner, which could still be PSU, OSU or MSU. I think Michigan State would need to beat Penn State AND have either Ohio State lose to either Illinois or Michigan, which isn't likely. My guess is that Ohio State sneaks into the Rose Bowl after MSU beats PSU.

I like racking my brain thinking about all this. LOL

J.T.
11-09-2008, 03:26 AM
^

Yeah, but that scenario relies on a fuckton of upsets happening in the Big 12 South and SEC. Not that it couldn't go down that way but it likely won't.

I mean that's like saying it would be cool if Tech blows it against Baylor in their season finale to just completely eliminate them from national championship talk.

IronMexican
11-09-2008, 03:28 AM
All OSU(Oregon) has to do is beat Cal, and they get an automatic birth to the Rose Bowl. Since they beat SC, and have only one conference loss. That would give USC an opportunity to get into a different Bowl Game.

Texas Chili Dog
11-09-2008, 03:40 AM
^

Yeah, but that scenario relies on a fuckton of upsets happening in the Big 12 South and SEC. Not that it couldn't go down that way but it likely won't.

I mean that's like saying it would be cool if Tech blows it against Baylor in their season finale to just completely eliminate them from national championship talk.

Are you referring to my post about how USC gets into the BCS title game? Because that was definitely a joke, kinda. :lol

All OSU(Oregon) has to do is beat Cal, and they get an automatic birth to the Rose Bowl. Since they beat SC, and have only one conference loss. That would give USC an opportunity to get into a different Bowl Game.

Oregon St. still would have to beat Arizona and Oregon. I just don't think they will win out. USC should though.

tlongII
11-09-2008, 03:56 AM
The Beavs have 3 tough games left. Cal, @Arizona, and Oregon. It will be difficult, but they have a shot. I'll be going to the Civil War game so it would be a dream come true if it was for the Rose Bowl.

IronMexican
11-09-2008, 04:01 AM
Are you referring to my post about how USC gets into the BCS title game? Because that was definitely a joke, kinda. :lol

Oregon St. still would have to beat Arizona and Oregon. I just don't think they will win out. USC should though.

Cal is the toughest. I will definitely be pulling for OSU.