PDA

View Full Version : SO... who wouldn't you trade to get Ray Allen?

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2005, 03:36 AM
It looks from reading here and there that the Sonics are going to trade him prior to Thursday's deadline.

He'd be sick with Duncan on the inside kicking out to him for threes.

Would anyone be willing to say goodbye to Manu or Tony for him?

T Park
02-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Id trade Ginobili for Ray Allen.

Someone that automatic from three point land on the Spurs would be disgusting.

I wouldn't trade Parker due to his youth.

Ginobili is 27 Allen is what 30 31??

Natural great shooters like him are good for years.

Steve Kerr, is one that comes to mind.

But is he clutch??

I think so.

I would package Ginobili whoever for Ray Allen.

Duncan Allen Parker Bowen Nesterovic is a hell of a good starting 5.

More than likely though Seattle is gonna want a great player back......

BTW, what the fuck is wrong with seattle??

LOCK HIM UP, WHY ARE YOU GIVING UP ON THE SEASON LIKE THAT!!!

Without Ray Allen, Seattle may hang onto the division, but they are out in the first round vs a Houston Lakers or someone else.

Ray Allen is the reason that team is great right now.

Seattle is a band of idiots.

Matrix
02-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Allen with TD, TP, Rasho, Bowen that would be scary....

dollyllama
02-20-2005, 03:48 AM
Ray wants the cash, and Seattle is not going to pay him. He will be 30 this summer, and has had knee problems that caused a lot of missed time over the past few years. They're probably looking for some young talent, and thinking long term.

Someone that automatic from three point land on the Spurs would be disgusting.
Manu is shooting better than Ray both overall and from outside the arc. He plays some defense, too.

passtheball
02-20-2005, 03:51 AM
Ginobili stock is rising, Ray Allen is not going to be as good in the future, bad trade, it looks good now but in the future NO WAY

T Park
02-20-2005, 03:56 AM
Manu is shooting better than Ray both overall and from outside the arc

Stop right there.

Manu isnt HALF the shooter Ray Allen is.

Ray Allen is easily the most automatic shooter Ive ever seen in my lifetime.

I didnt get to watch Bird, but the closest I saw was Steve kerr.

Allen is THAT good.

Ginobili is clutch in the 4th, hes also great defensively.

But damn, Ray allen brings 24 freakin every NIGHT>

Ginobili prob would bring 16 then 12 then 20 then 13.

Allen under Duncan would be unreal.

Allen on a fast break with Parker and Brent Barry.

Look at this shooters galore.

Parker Allen Barry Brown Duncan

NOW THATS, a small lineup.

Save the Ginobili stuff Manu homers, Allen > Ginobili

THAT SIMPLE.

passtheball
02-20-2005, 03:58 AM
Allen can't play defense like Ginobili also Ginobili will give up the rock to Tim.

T Park
02-20-2005, 04:04 AM
Yeah Ray Allen wouldn't pick up on the defensive scheme of forcing your defender to Duncan and Nesterovic, thats sooo tough.

Also, Allen will pass the ball SIR, how do you think guys like Lewis and Daniels and Ridenour are scoring so well.

Cause Allen takes all the pressure off of them, and gives them the ball.

TDMVPDPOY
02-20-2005, 04:35 AM
ray allen isnt worth $100million contract that he wants.

Streakyshooter08
02-20-2005, 06:49 AM
It will never happen but it would be interesting to see Allen play next to Bowen. :lol

ShoogarBear
02-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Where are you reading that Allen's going to be traded?

I can't believe the Sonics are going to essentially give up on the year like that.

Gummi
02-20-2005, 07:44 AM
As much as I love Allen's game, he's not comming to the Spurs this season or probably any season. Firstly, his contract. He wants the MAX and the Spurs aren't going to give him that because they can't afford it. Parker, Manu, and Duncan all are making major money and then add Rasho to that mix with his $6 mill a year. Just not going to happen.

Secondly, the Spurs don't have anybody to offer for him. The Spurs front office won't offer either Parker or Manu for him. And Tim is of course off limits. So after that we don't have anybody that the Sonics would even consider.

td4mvp21
02-20-2005, 10:47 AM
They arent gonna trade Ginobili. They just signed him to a long contract. He does so much for the team and the fans LOVE him.

ducks
02-20-2005, 11:20 AM
I would rather get boozer
all the studs would be young then
duncan would be the oldest

SPURS21
02-20-2005, 11:27 AM
half of this forum is on crack

if we traded for ginobilli it would be so we could have Ray for maybe 6 months. Than he becomes a FA who wants a max contract, that is the reason Seattle is going to trade him. SA is not going to give him that kind of money, why would you break up a perfectly good team for one half season with Ray. Gino is signed to long term deal for relatively nothing. Ray Ray is only shooting 36% from the three point line this year and what about him and Bowen, you tihnk they will get along? Plus Ginobilli is a better defender

picnroll
02-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Seattle's got a lot of good shooters, Lewis, Radmanovic, Daniels, Ridnour is coming on. Allen is superfluous particularly for the salary he wants and age. If they could get a nice young piece for him it would be a good move.

No way I trade Manu for Allen. Manu is Mr 4th Quarter Clutch, younger, a whole lot less expensive. Allen is a whiner too.

SequSpur
02-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Manu is a hot dog.

Nikos
02-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Allen would likely be an excellent clutch shot maker. With Duncan he would become more efficient.

But he is getting up their in age. But I HIGHLY doubt San Antonio would ever get him, and that Seattle would ever give him up given how well they are playing right now.

Mark in Austin
02-20-2005, 12:48 PM
forget the Allen > Ginobili or Ginobili> Allen debates. The simple truth is that the Spurs would never pay Ray Allen 100 million over 5 years, which they would have to agree on before pulling the trigger, or they risk losing possibly the most popular Spurs player ever for less than half a season renting Allen.

The Spurs are not that stupid.

indianspur
02-20-2005, 01:00 PM
half of this forum is on crack

:lol

and

:drunk

baseline bum
02-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Ray Allen in San Antonio would be so sick, but I just could never make any major trade to a team that's on pace for 63-64 wins while playing great basketball against the best. They're 5-2 against top 4 seeds in the West... a pace equivalent to 59 wins.... 11-6 against west playoff teams... a pace of 53 wins. Tell me that's not impressive to have that kind of winning percentage against the cream of the crop.

Dre_7
02-20-2005, 02:41 PM
The only persons I would really trade for Ray Allen is Barry or Brown.

dollyllama
02-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Manu is a hot dog.
And you are the bun.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2005, 03:08 PM
It is an interesting dilemma, but let's be honest here - Pop would rather have outside shooters complimenting his inside game than slashers.

I too think, almost by default, we'd have to be sending out Ginobili - they've got Ridnour up there already so that makes Tony a non-factor.

I don't think there's any way the Spurs would trade Manu out for him. That said, as much as I love Ginobili, I think I'd have to do the trade if I could. Ray Ray is simply too good a shooter and creator and would be sick on the outside awaiting Tim's passes.

Fizzzar
02-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Manu @ 52 M > Ray @ 100 M

Dre_7
02-20-2005, 03:26 PM
If we could keep Ray Allen after this year, I would trade Manu for him, but since we wouldnt be able to keep Ray Ray, I wouldnt give up Manu (who is locked down for 6 years) for him.

Rummpd
02-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Before jumping on the bandwagon, Allen was a big problem in Milwaukee and his defense is still suspect.

He is having a career year but I would still keep Manu over him for the future. I also believe Manu is "more clutch".

baseline bum
02-20-2005, 04:13 PM
If it was the offseason I make the trade in a second... but like LJ pointed out last year, championships are so special because everything has to go perfect and it's so rare things line up so well. This team absolutely has what it takes to become champions again, and who knows when the franchise will ever have things clicking like they are now. You don't mess with a winner and the Spurs are developing into that right now.

dollyllama
02-20-2005, 04:23 PM
He is having a career year but I would still keep Manu over him for the future.

I disagree. His longball has slipped marked in the last two, three years. Since that is his best asset, that's not a good sign.

picnroll
02-20-2005, 04:34 PM
For all those with a hard on for Allen compared to Manu:

Per 48 minutes Allen vs Manu
points - 28.8 - 25.5
FG% - .430 - .480
3FG% - .367 - .390
As - 4.9 - 6.4
Reb - 5.0 - 7.2

You can say Manu doesn't give as many minutes but if needed he'll up them in the playoffs

and we're not even talking about difference in D, Ray humpers don't want to go there.

ALVAREZ6
02-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Ray Allen is easily the most automatic shooter Ive ever seen in my lifetime.

Wouldn't that be Kyle Korver you stupid fuck???

Korver is more automatic than Allen by a whole fucking lot.

Korver is the best 3 point shooter in the league, I live in Philly, and I get all the games on local TV, and no one has the confidence that Korver does at shooting 3's, this kid hits clutch shots to win games for the Sixers as a rookie and sophomore. Allen makes so many 3's because he takes so many.

Did you watch the Rookie challenge game? Korver was 7-9 from behind the arc.

Dre_7
02-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Before jumping on the bandwagon, Allen was a big problem in Milwaukee and his defense is still suspect.

Actually, he wasnt that big of a problem in Mil. The big problems were Glen Robinson and Sam Cassell.

Rummpd
02-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Allen was a problem too, I lived there and all three of them took turns "dogging it".

Que Gee
02-21-2005, 11:12 AM
For all those with a hard on for Allen compared to Manu:

Per 48 minutes Allen vs Manu
points - 28.8 - 25.5
FG% - .430 - .480
3FG% - .367 - .390
As - 4.9 - 6.4
Reb - 5.0 - 7.2

You can say Manu doesn't give as many minutes but if needed he'll up them in the playoffs

and we're not even talking about difference in D, Ray humpers don't want to go there.

Manu, is great. Deserved to be in the All-Star game, but come on...Ray Allen is sick. I see your stats and if you look at them you'd think it tells the story...BUT, your going to tell me Manu's stats would be this good if his post players, were Danny Fortson, Reggie Evans and Nick Collison? NO WAY! So while it would be a HUGE plus for the Spurs to get Ray Allen, it won't happen. But I'll tell you what, Ray Allen is the purest shooter in the league and he could very well shoot over 50% from the field AND 45 % from the 3pt line with a Tim Duncan or Shaq in the post. Allen is asked to take way more shots, and create way more of his shots compared to Manu.

Supergirl
02-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Ray Allen is having a career HALF A YEAR - it hasn't even ben a year yet. Let's see how he does come playoff time.

He's playing well now because he's playing for his job, any job. This is the same man who couldn't make it work with the Big Three in Milwaukee (the team that swept the Spurs 2 seasons) - he doesn't play D and he doesn't play as a team all that well. He's like Kobe - only not nearly as good.

waly.mg
02-21-2005, 12:11 PM
You guys are too funny
How many times you saw yesterday to Allen Iverson make a pass?
Are you ready to give Ray 19 shots by game?
Tim have 16.5 and Tony have 13.3, if you bring Ray you must reduce shots to him to Tony and Tim
Ray does 50% more of points in almost the double of shots
And if you take more than 30 minutes to Manu the numbers are growing up
By 48 Minutes: Allen 28,8 Points - Manu 25,5
Efficiency by 48: Manu #21 with 28,39 and Ray isnīt in any Efficiency Ranking
Ray plays for Him, Manu play for the Team
And if Ray wants 100 million, we have Manu for the half of that money

Que Gee
02-21-2005, 02:50 PM
You guys are too funny
How many times you saw yesterday to Allen Iverson make a pass?
Are you ready to give Ray 19 shots by game?
Tim have 16.5 and Tony have 13.3, if you bring Ray you must reduce shots to him to Tony and Tim
Ray does 50% more of points in almost the double of shots
And if you take more than 30 minutes to Manu the numbers are growing up
By 48 Minutes: Allen 28,8 Points - Manu 25,5
Efficiency by 48: Manu #21 with 28,39 and Ray isnīt in any Efficiency Ranking
Ray plays for Him, Manu play for the Team
And if Ray wants 100 million, we have Manu for the half of that money

Why do you feel like Ray is playing for himself? He doesn't have ANYONE else on that team except for Rashard Lewis. What people don't realize about Seattle is there are 7 people on that team playing for a job next year, not just Ray Allen. (That includes Nate McMillan) I'm not saying we SHOULD or could get Ray, I am just stating that you cannot compare the Sonics (Team) to the Spurs (Team) Given Manu in the same situation as Ray Allen, you might think Manu is a bit selfish as well.

Que Gee
02-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Ray Allen is having a career HALF A YEAR - it hasn't even ben a year yet. Let's see how he does come playoff time.

He's playing well now because he's playing for his job, any job. This is the same man who couldn't make it work with the Big Three in Milwaukee (the team that swept the Spurs 2 seasons) - he doesn't play D and he doesn't play as a team all that well. He's like Kobe - only not nearly as good.

Give what has gone on since the "Big 3" in Milwaukee, and what the other "2" have done since then, we can hardly blame Ray Allen for not making it work in Milwaukee.

Dre_7
02-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Allen was a problem too, I lived there and all three of them took turns "dogging it".

I live in Wisconsin. All we get for basketball is Badger and Bucks coverage. He may have been part of the problem. But if he wouldnt have been with the Puppy Dog and Cassell, I doubt there woulda been a problem.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Per 48 minutes is a lame stat, I can count the number of games Manu has played over 40 minutes on one hand.

kskonn
02-21-2005, 03:22 PM
I agree that Ray is a great pure shooter, and who knows, with a big man he would probably be shooting 45%. However I think that manu brings that added element that we have never had, except maybe in Mario Ellie and Sean Elliot. Manu is like those guys combined, a slasher with a nack for clutch shots. I just don't think you can give that up for Allen.

davi78239
02-21-2005, 04:27 PM
sports talk just said that Allen was giving pop a lot of props on coaching.