PDA

View Full Version : Houston - 3Losses, Dallas - 4Losses, N.O-2 Losses

tmtcsc
11-10-2008, 12:27 AM
We are at 4 losses with all sorts of injuries. What's their excuses ?

I know we are in bad shape, but its a long season and teams will take their bumps and bruises. Ours are coming early this year.

UT still has a shot at # 1

The Dallas Cowboys can still make the playoffs

The Spurs can still make the playoffs and win it all.

The glass is half full.

:lobt2:

SequSpur
11-10-2008, 12:29 AM
dude...

tp2021
11-10-2008, 12:32 AM
TT losing to OU won't be enough.
I don't think the Cowboys will make the playoffs, but I hope I'm wrong.
The Spurs still have a chance. And not just a small one.

xtremesteven33
11-10-2008, 12:37 AM
I dont want to make this a football thread but let me put it like this....The Spurs have a better chance at making the playoffs than the cowboys do right now....

:lmao

tmtcsc
11-10-2008, 12:43 AM
I dont want to make this a football thread but let me put it like this....The Spurs have a better chance at making the playoffs than the cowboys do right now....

The Cowboys lost their swagger and confidence. Once they get on a roll, they will be fine. They are going to be right in the thick of the playoff race with Romo and Felix Jones back and Roy Williams.

Its amazing how a defense improves once they have a lead to protect. They are 5-4. Not impossible. Don't understimate momentum.

tp2021
11-10-2008, 12:43 AM

By far. No joke.

tmtcsc
11-10-2008, 12:46 AM
TT losing to OU won't be enough.I don't think the Cowboys will make the playoffs, but I hope I'm wrong.
The Spurs still have a chance. And not just a small one.

Huh ? They are going to get whipped bad. Add to that, Alabama still has a loss left in them.

What happens if UT and TT wind up 1 and 2 ? Do you think the BCS will put them in the title game ? As of now its Alabama 1, TT 2 and UT 3 in the BCS rankings.

Alabama isn't getting by Florida in the SEC title game. I just hope FLA doesn't leapfrog UT.

tp2021
11-10-2008, 01:10 AM
If TT loses to OU, which team represents the South in the title game?

SpursDynasty
11-10-2008, 01:11 AM

I know we are in bad shape, but its a long season and teams will take their bumps and bruises. Ours are coming early this year.

The glass is half full.

Those teams don't need excuses. Houston and Dallas were first round elimination teams. New Orleans had a fluke year last year, it was just a lot of lucky shooting.

crc21209
11-10-2008, 01:37 AM
I was just thinking about posting something like this, I noticed Dallas lost to the Clippers today and Houston to the Lakers. Dallas is 2-4 completely healthy, Houston is 4-3 for the most part healthy and New Orleans is 4-2. So we are in really good shape considering that we're without Manu and now Tony. I know the Spurs can pull this shit together because every game theyve played so far yeah they do get down in a hole but they climb out and make a game out of every game they've been in, they dont just lay down. A little bit more time, practice together will make the chemistry better and this team better as a whole. We'll be just fine. Believe.

Borosai
11-10-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm not worried yet. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the new guys develop on the job. If things go well, at least the Spurs will have some young bench players with NBA experience for the playoffs. All they need is Jesus v1.5 to return and deliver them.

m33p0
11-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Grizzlies will take the division. Book it!

Tigole Bitties
11-10-2008, 02:04 AM
If TT loses to OU, which team represents the South in the title game?

If the Sooners win, they'll create a three-way tie for first in the Big 12 South. If the Sooners, Longhorns and Red Raiders finish deadlocked, the tiebreaker to determine who plays in the Big 12 championship game in Kansas City on Dec. 6 is best BCS average.

tp2021
11-10-2008, 02:12 AM
If the Sooners win, they'll create a three-way tie for first in the Big 12 South. If the Sooners, Longhorns and Red Raiders finish deadlocked, the tiebreaker to determine who plays in the Big 12 championship game in Kansas City on Dec. 6 is best BCS average.

BCS Avg
TT-.972
UT-.880
OU-.844

So the question becomes, would a loss to OU drop TT far enough back for UT to finish ahead of them? Would a win over TT move OU in front of TT and UT?

hillscountry
11-10-2008, 09:24 AM
if ou beats tt, and okc, were fucked because we only beat kansas and fuckn AM. We may to lay down like a 72-0 on am to jumpfrong ok for the BIG12cham. which is ok with me....

hater
11-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Good point, at this point I see the West is definitely not what it was last year.

That is good news for Spurs. At this point there is noone that can even remotely challenge the Lakers. But as opposed to the other teams, Spurs are w/out their big 2 Ginobili + Parker and Mahinmi

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2008, 10:31 AM
wtf are the mavs and rockets tankn also? bad record for teams of texas

Stump
11-10-2008, 11:15 AM
The Spurs are not out of this yet. It's early in the season, we've had to make some adjustments and have had a ridiculous amount of injuries. Spurs have a knack for flying under the radar and then suprising everyone in May. Anybody who claims to root for the Spurs but thinks this season is already lost needs to resign their fandom right now.

UT may not win a national championship, but they have had a suprisingly amazing season. Most people felt we would break our streak of 10-win seasons this year, but Colt has silenced the doubters. Assuming we win out, we're still almost a lock for a BCS bid.

Besides, it ain't over yet. There are several scenarios that could happen that could put us in the top two in the BCS. Oklahoma could win out and give us the tiebreaker, or Florida could lose to respectable South Carolina or Florida State and then beat Bama in the SEC championship game (though sadly, a one loss SEC Champion Florida would be a lock for a national championship game). Another scenario that nobody has mentioned is Tech going to the Big 12 championship game and then choking to Mizzou. In that case, it wouldn't matter so much if Texas didn't win their own conference, because neither would have Tech, Oklahoma, the Bama/Florida loser (the winner would of course be #1), or possibly even USC.

Oh, Gee!!
11-10-2008, 01:49 PM

it's not un-possible I guess.

Oh, Gee!!
11-10-2008, 01:51 PM

you have a good point so long as the "bump and bruisess" don't come mid-season and late season as well

LEONARD
11-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Those teams don't need excuses. Houston and Dallas were first round elimination teams. New Orleans had a fluke year last year, it was just a lot of lucky shooting.

Chris Paul is a fluke player too right?

BOHOLANO#21
11-10-2008, 06:29 PM

The glass is half full.

my RED RAIDERS WILL WIN IT ALL:lol

Obstructed_View
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM
If this were an NFL season, the Spurs just completed game 1. If Parker and Manu come back by Christmas, they'll be in time for game 5.