PDA

View Full Version : Is the West all that great?

SpursDynasty
11-10-2008, 12:33 AM
The Lakers are just beating a bunch of easy teams, so of course they'll be 5-0. Utah is still pretty solid. Phoenix is okay.

But past that, I don't see much for the Spurs to worry about missing the playoffs. Houston is a bust. New Orleans is a bust. Dallas is done. Portland, Denver, and Sacramento currently hold seeds 6, 7, and 8 while being .500 or worse.

I thought the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets were the cream of the crop?

What now Houston fans?

lil_penny
11-10-2008, 12:37 AM
what now spurs fan? id be alot more worried about them missing the playoffs then any of the teams you mentioned

xtremesteven33
11-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Ive been saying this....The Lakers are a runaway train for the #1 spot. Thats fine with me.Let them have it. I know they are a choke waiting to happen. I can see it.

What i am more optimistic about is how Dallas and New Orleans dont looks so good right now. WHen they should be looking fantastic. Dallas cant win with Jason Kidd as the head coach. And yes thats what he is down there.

And the Hornets dont have bench for squat and thats what hurts them alot.

The rockets arent really showing signs of great chemistry just yet. I dont want to discount them yet but i just know that a major injury is waiting to happen for them. With TMAC and YAO you just dont want to bet on them staying healthy for the whole season. Hasnt happened yet and will not happen this year.

Medvedenko
11-10-2008, 12:45 AM
It's still too early to tell. However, the west will be up there just like last year. Conversely, the lakers are the front runners. No surprise there.

Allanon
11-10-2008, 12:46 AM
The Lakers are a runaway train for the #1 spot...... I know they are a choke waiting to happen. I can see it.

Muthaf...........

Dallas cant win with Jason Kidd as the head coach. And yes thats what he is down there.

Hahahah, that's pretty good, never thought of it that way.

And the Hornets dont have bench for squat and thats what hurts them alot.

Exactly, I've been saying the same and people think I'm crazy cuz the Hornets are this "great team" but nobody looks at the bench; specifically, the backup Bigs.

Roxsfan
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM
The Lakers are just beating a bunch of easy teams, so of course they'll be 5-0. Utah is still pretty solid. Phoenix is okay.

But past that, I don't see much for the Spurs to worry about missing the playoffs. Houston is a bust. New Orleans is a bust. Dallas is done. Portland, Denver, and Sacramento currently hold seeds 6, 7, and 8 while being .500 or worse.

I thought the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets were the cream of the crop?

What now Houston fans?

yeah, because everything is based off one game in november. Dumb fuck.

xtremesteven33
11-10-2008, 12:50 AM
The West is strong, but the Lakers are just vastly superior to everyone. We already had the best offense with the best player, now we have stolen the Celtics defense and it shows.

I still think the Celtics are the best team in the NBA. But yea those are the 2 best RIGHT NOW mind you....wait till my spurs come back baby:ihit

21_Blessings
11-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Ive been saying this....The Lakers are a runaway train for the #1 spot. Thats fine with me.Let them have it. I know they are a choke waiting to happen. I can see it.

Choke? The Lakers weren't even expected to make the playoffs last season, let alone steamroll the West (Spurs especially) en route to the finals without their starting center and 2nd best perimeter defender.

SimonHymen
11-10-2008, 12:52 AM
I agree with the OP. The Spurs will walk to the finals just like they did last year.

SpursDynasty
11-10-2008, 12:52 AM
yeah, because everything is based off one game in november. Dumb fuck.

Not just the Lakers game, but the Celtics game.

Houston can't compete with top-tier teams. No one really expected them too though.

xtremesteven33
11-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Muthaf...........

yea man, i just get that weird feeling about them. Its like it could be 2007 all over again. Dallas is so dominating in the regular season and just totally come apart in the playoffs. Now im not suggesting the Lakers will be knocked out in the 1st round but i cant just envision them gettng out of the west this year.
:nope

xtremesteven33
11-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Choke? The Lakers weren't even expected to make the playoffs last season, let alone steamroll the West (Spurs especially) en route to the finals without their starting center and 2nd best perimeter defender.

Yea beating a one legged Manu really earns them......eeeerrraaaaaaaa.....i dont wanna get into this again.:bang

xtremesteven33
11-10-2008, 12:57 AM
The Spurs should use this season to tank like the HEAT did last year. Trade their pick for a decnt big man. Move Duncan to center and find a good power foward.

get thee behind me satan:nope

Killakobe81
11-10-2008, 01:02 AM
[QUOTE=xtremesteven33;2886818]Ive been saying this....The Lakers are a runaway train for the #1 spot. Thats fine with me.Let them have it. I know they are a choke waiting to happen. I can see it.

LOL A choke like blowing a 2O pt lead in the WCF last year? LMAO win a game over someone besides Minny ...

21_Blessings
11-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Yea beating a one legged Manu really earns them......eeeerrraaaaaaaa.....i dont wanna get into this again.:bang

Hahaha, one legged Manu. Keep piling on the excuses. Rolled in 5 games by a team without their starting center.

Hopefully SA can avoid the lottery this season. Will enjoy watching them exit stage 1st round.

xtremesteven33
11-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Hahaha, one legged Manu. Keep piling on the excuses. Rolled in 5 games by a team without their starting center.

Hopefully SA can avoid the lottery this season. Will enjoy watching them exit stage 1st round.

OH CRAP!!!! ur totally right!!!! i never though of that!!!:wow

Ghazi
11-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Has the feel of Boston v LA again... Boston would win again. a 21 YO center with no offensive game is not going to make the difference against Boston especially since they're not a low post scoring team regardless... plus Kobe is notorious for woeful Finals shooting.

Mavs/Hawks Mavs in 5 (one can dream can't he?):lobt2:

RsxPiimp
11-10-2008, 04:14 AM
Has the feel of Boston v LA again... Boston would win again. a 21 YO center with no offensive game is not going to make the difference against Boston especially since they're not a low post scoring team regardless... plus Kobe is notorious for woeful Finals shooting.

Mavs/Hawks Mavs in 5 (one can dream can't he?):lobt2:

la does not need offense from bynum. he's doing great playing the perkins role.

huge body who can grab boards and block/alter shots at a very good rate.

kobe is not going to need shooting as much as he had last year. thats obvious with how everyone is clikcing right now.

manufor3
11-10-2008, 07:53 AM
what now spurs fan? id be alot more worried about them missing the playoffs then any of the teams you mentioned

the kings?:rolleyes