PDA

View Full Version : The collapse of the Texas Triangle

Indazone
11-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Seriously, what the hell happened to Texas? We used to be feared. The dreaded Texas Triangle. Now it's more like the Bermuda Triangle where basketballs fly to and are never seen again.

Texas Basketball is at it's worst right now. We suck collectively. Injuries to the Spurs. Rockets in disarray. Mav's completely lost with Carlisle and Kidd.

All is not right on the courts in Texas!

Anti.Hero
11-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Mavs imploded and the Rockets kept being the Rockets.

21_Blessings
11-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Texas should secede anyways. Everybody wins.

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Texas should secede anyways. Everybody wins.

whose state is it that's running out of money???

Anti.Hero
11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Cali would secede but they can't afford the closing fees :lmao

SynicFan
11-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Mavs imploded and the Rockets kept being the Rockets.

Well said.

SynicFan
11-10-2008, 09:44 AM
whose state is it that's running out of money???

Texas is one of the worst states in the nation.

write.that.down

Indazone
11-10-2008, 09:50 AM
We just needs our FEMA money.

Ghazi
11-10-2008, 10:03 AM
A bit premature IMO.

Spurs- They're injured, what do you expect. Their core is still the best in the league, but do they have enough help? We'll see. You can't stay at the top forever though, they're on the downturn but that happens to all teams

Rockets-The talent is there... Battier hasn't played yet... 6 games into season again... BUT, I must say that T-Mac is not that good

Mavs- Just playing bad basketball right now. They have the pieces, sans a shooting guard... which may hold us back in the long run. Still can be a good team. IF anyone is interested in Stackhouse for his contract only, that can allow us to fill a void.

Even the Lakers and Celtics will have slumps during this season...82 games... it just so happens the 3 Texas teams are having theirs now. I think all 3 will make the playoffs
though.

MAVS TAKING DOWN LAKERS TUESDAY HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Indazone
11-10-2008, 10:07 AM
One of us has to take down the Lakers

xtremesteven33
11-10-2008, 11:36 AM
It doesnt matter wheather you beat them now or not. Theyre not giving up that #1 spot.

Im rooting for the Lakers to beat all the SW division teams except the Spurs of course:hat

IronMexican
11-10-2008, 11:41 AM
It doesnt matter wheather you beat them now or not. Theyre not giving up that #1 spot.

Im rooting for the Lakers to beat all the SW division teams except the Spurs of course:hat

:toast

ElNono
11-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Season starts in May, and as usual, the road to the NBA Title goes through Texas...

Killakobe81
11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Season starts in May, and as usual, the road to the NBA Title goes through Texas...

Uhhh ...no title goes through LA since we are defending WC champs NOT for our quick start ...

ElNono
11-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Uhhh ...no title goes through LA since we are defending WC champs NOT for our quick start ...

You need to win something once you beat us... It's been what? 6 years since your team won anything? And please, spare me of the premature ejaculation syndrome. The season is long and teams will get better. Again, wake me up in May.

Tag
11-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Last time I checked it was LA that's always put the beat down on your championship hopes. Last year was no different and this year wont be either.

Texas is doing terrible because Republicans were ownd in the election.

turiaf for president
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
You need to win something once you beat us... It's been what? 6 years since your team won anything? And please, spare me of the premature ejaculation syndrome. The season is long and teams will get better. Again, wake me up in May.

when the spurs are competing for the lottery balls? sure

Allanon
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I said during the summer ONE of the Texas teams would miss the Playoffs, I might have been a little conservative.

There is a bit of a changing of the guard going on in the NBA.

Knicks will make the Playoffs
Hawks are playing....DEFENSE and will be a high seed, possibly going to the ECF. I wouldn't be surprised to see a hard-fought 6-game Finals featuring the Lakers vs Hawks.

Clippers will make the Playoffs
Grizzlies MIGHT make the Playoffs or end up 9/10

JamStone
11-10-2008, 02:03 PM
All three Texas teams are still very solid teams. Way too early in the season to think they'll be horrible. But, with that said, the Texas triangle is no longer the scary nightmare it was just a few years ago. Dallas' decline was evident the last couple seasons. And, while the Spurs are injured, with their collective age and the heavy toll they have faced going deep in the playoffs year after year, their decline was going to come sooner or later. Houston just can't shake bad luck and injuries.

I still think all three will be solid playoff teams, but it might not be the high seeds they are accustomed to, for any of them.

ElNono
11-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Last time I checked it was LA that's always put the beat down on your championship hopes.

We always came back and won another one after that.

Last year was no different and this year wont be either.

I surely hope so, that means we're getting our fifth championship.

Texas is doing terrible because Republicans were ownd in the election.

Maybe a Texan can tell you how they feel. I'm not from over there...

ElNono
11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
when the spurs are competing for the lottery balls? sure

We'll make the playoffs for sure. Wanna bet that we don't?

ElNono
11-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I said during the summer ONE of the Texas teams would miss the Playoffs, I might have been a little conservative.

There is a bit of a changing of the guard going on in the NBA.

Knicks will make the Playoffs
Hawks are playing....DEFENSE and will be a high seed, possibly going to the ECF. I wouldn't be surprised to see a hard-fought 6-game Finals featuring the Lakers vs Hawks.

Clippers will make the Playoffs
Grizzlies MIGHT make the Playoffs or end up 9/10

We need to get back to this during the All-Star break. I don't think the Hawks are for real, and I think a few teams will start slow and get better, and a few will start quick and drop down as the season goes...

Allanon
11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
We need to get back to this during the All-Star break...I think a few teams will start slow and get better, and a few will start quick and drop down as the season goes...

Agreed. It's still way too early, just a gut feeling I have watching their games this year. I put the riskier predictions out there to hear the opposing views.

ElNono
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
All three Texas teams are still very solid teams. Way too early in the season to think they'll be horrible. But, with that said, the Texas triangle is no longer the scary nightmare it was just a few years ago. Dallas' decline was evident the last couple seasons. And, while the Spurs are injured, with their collective age and the heavy toll they have faced going deep in the playoffs year after year, their decline was going to come sooner or later. Houston just can't shake bad luck and injuries.

I still think all three will be solid playoff teams, but it might not be the high seeds they are accustomed to, for any of them.

I'll reserve judgement on the Spurs until they're 100% and some of the new faces have settled in. Probably around Feb/March. Houston I think got better. It will take them some time to get their act together with Artest in there, but Scola is playing better, Artest looks good out there, Aaron Brooks has looked like a stud so far, and their biggest problem have been both T-Mac and Yao not playing well. I can't think that's going to stay that way forever.
As far as Dallas goes, yeah, I agree with you.

turiaf for president
11-10-2008, 03:00 PM
We'll make the playoffs for sure. Wanna bet that we don't?

yea im going to ebet you. wheres ure offense gonna come from? duncan is all u have with tp and manu out. who on that team can make a open jumpshot other than mason? whos going to make plays for the teammates. who do you have off the bench?

before the season, even with manu out i had the spurs 4th but after seeing finley, udoka, bowen, and the rest of the cast, spurs have no shot of winning it this year.

ElNono
11-10-2008, 03:14 PM
yea im going to ebet you. wheres ure offense gonna come from? duncan is all u have with tp and manu out. who on that team can make a open jumpshot other than mason? whos going to make plays for the teammates. who do you have off the bench?

before the season, even with manu out i had the spurs 4th but after seeing finley, udoka, bowen, and the rest of the cast, spurs have no shot of winning it this year.

It's not that we have Manu and Tony out for 3+ months. They should be back in about 4 weeks (mid December). And offense has not been the problem so far (it might be for the next few weeks, but we've scored 95+ on 3 of the 5 games we've played so far). The problem is defense. We're nowhere near as good defensively as we need to be. But that always takes time for the Spurs. We've traditionally started slow, and picked up the pace in the second half of the season. Barring any more injuries, we'll be fine. Mason is adapting well, and I think Hill is an upgrade over Vaughn.

sook
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Fucking Ike Is The Reason The Rockets Suck Right Now!

SpursDynasty
11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Seriously, what the hell happened to Texas? We used to be feared. The dreaded Texas Triangle. Now it's more like the Bermuda Triangle where basketballs fly to and are never seen again.

Texas Basketball is at it's worst right now. We suck collectively. Injuries to the Spurs. Rockets in disarray. Mav's completely lost with Carlisle and Kidd.

All is not right on the courts in Texas!

The Spurs will return come December.

Dallas and Houston have just been two imitators who have relied on the lucky shot during the regular season, then take a first round exit in the postseason. Houston has not been out of the first round with Yao/McGrady, Dallas has not been out of the first round since 2006, meanwhile S.A. has been out of the first round 8 consecutive postseasons.

So there really was never a Texas Triangle, just the Spurs and two junk teams in Houston and Dallas.

BUMP
11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
The Spurs will return come December.

Dallas and Houston have just been two imitators who have relied on the lucky shot during the regular season, then take a first round exit in the postseason. Houston has not been out of the first round with Yao/McGrady, Dallas has not been out of the first round since 2006, meanwhile S.A. has been out of the first round 8 consecutive postseasons.

So there really was never a Texas Triangle, just the Spurs and two junk teams in Houston and Dallas.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

urunobili
11-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Dallas meltdown = first time in 20 years the dems have won the election on Dallas county...

Findog
11-10-2008, 04:47 PM
All three Texas teams are still very solid teams.

Dallas has the look of a 38-44 squad, so if by "solid" you mean finish around 10th in the West, I'd agree with you.

JamStone
11-10-2008, 05:36 PM
I'll reserve judgement on the Spurs until they're 100% and some of the new faces have settled in. Probably around Feb/March. Houston I think got better. It will take them some time to get their act together with Artest in there, but Scola is playing better, Artest looks good out there, Aaron Brooks has looked like a stud so far, and their biggest problem have been both T-Mac and Yao not playing well. I can't think that's going to stay that way forever.
As far as Dallas goes, yeah, I agree with you.

Hey, I'm no prognosticator or gypsy fortune teller. But, I do have an opinion. You're more than entitled to yours.

The thing with the Spurs though, with no Parker and no Ginobili for such a long time, even if they are very good when they get 100%, it might be too late to put them in a good position even if they do make the playoffs. They could end up a 7th or 8th seed having to go through the WC playoffs with no homecourt and start off against a 1 or 2 seed. That's entirely plausible.

But, yes, of course, only time will tell.

ElNono
11-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Hey, I'm no prognosticator or gypsy fortune teller. But, I do have an opinion. You're more than entitled to yours.

The thing with the Spurs though, with no Parker and no Ginobili for such a long time, even if they are very good when they get 100%, it might be too late to put them in a good position even if they do make the playoffs. They could end up a 7th or 8th seed having to go through the WC playoffs with no homecourt and start off against a 1 or 2 seed. That's entirely plausible.

But, yes, of course, only time will tell.

You're opinion is welcome, just like everyone else. :toast
I just think it's too early to be making assumptions. An injury on any team can change the balance at any given time, just like what happened with the Spurs. Luckily, I think it happened early enough for us to be able to do some damage control. It also helps that our division rivals have been losing games too. A trade can turn a team upside down mid-season, like the Lakers last year. And as we approach mid-season, we'll see more teams trying to dump salaries around, and some other teams trying to solidify their teams.
So I'm not ready to write off anybody yet. I think it's way, way too early to just hand over the trophy to any one team in just 6 or 7 games.

Indazone
11-10-2008, 06:12 PM
yeah yeah, a midseason revival to make the playoffs. Fact is right now we all suck. Mav's Rockets and Spurs. Welcome to mediocrity.

jacobdrj
11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Cali would secede but they can't afford the closing fees :lmao

At the very least, Cali should be split into 3 states...