PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Spurs!

SynicFan
11-10-2008, 11:30 AM
"The Spurs have been one of the most frugal organizations given ownership with limited resources compared to other organizations and a small market.

And now the market is suffering worse than most because of overall economic factors with huge job losses in telecommunications and the auto industry in San Antonio.

Without a big corporate base, there are major economic fears in the organization, one league executive told me.

You can see it looking at the Spurs payroll with only Duncan and Parker under contract after next season and a diminished bench."

the source doesnt matter. just look at the facts.

Obstructed_View
11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
the source doesnt matter.

The most important part of your post.

balli
11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
As much as I dislike the Spurs on the court, I'd hate to see them collapse economically. They are one of the flagship organizations in the NBA and as a fellow small-market fan, I feel particular kinship and interest in your success. Good luck SA.

ChumpDumper
11-10-2008, 02:45 PM
It's Sam Smith!

:lmao

He's as clueless as anyone who would plagiarize his article.

Anti.Hero
11-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Texas is one of the least affected states during bad nationwide economic times.

S.A. has taken some blows but it is still very healthy, and very poised for big moves towards growth.

ElNono
11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I supported the team this year by buying tickets. Gonna go see them when I visit Texas for the holidays... When I called to buy them, they were mostly sold out (only the cheapest sections where available). I had to buy good seats from a season ticket holder in StubHub. And this is for the Grizzlies game in december...