PDA

View Full Version : A nice nickname for Gino...

duncan2k5
02-20-2005, 10:28 AM
I know we have been thinkiong about an appropriate nick for him. I remember while watching the miami game one of the announcers called him "plastic man" I kinda like that one. I can see him as plastic man especially with the way he moves.

tmodgling
02-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Nice like it........How about Gumbe.

duncan2k5
02-20-2005, 10:58 AM
lol. u mean Gumby i think. yea Gumby sounds cool.

usckk
02-20-2005, 11:08 AM
How about wild thang?

SequSpur
02-20-2005, 11:44 AM
How about weiner or TNT?

He only plays good when he is on TNT.

Mark in Austin
02-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Stacy Augman already has plastic man.

T Park
02-20-2005, 01:21 PM
He only plays good when he is on TNT'

And your on his nuts after every game he does well too.

Manu = Manure

Be gone moron.

Das Texan
02-20-2005, 01:56 PM
He only plays good when he is on TNT.

Didn't he score 48 on ESPN?

Dumbfuck.

Jimcs50
02-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Staying with Sequ's theme, the first two are apropos.

1. Money

2. Prime time

3. The Argentinian Assassin

4. How about just Manu? Simple, but catchy.

Solid D
02-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Sequ's Basketball Daddy.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2005, 03:04 PM
I still like Human Joystick, damnit Dante Hall.

alamo50
02-20-2005, 03:15 PM
What's wrong with his current nicknames:

"Stone Face" and "Controlled Chaos"?

Im Here Huckleberry
02-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Didn't someone call him "crazy legs" recently?

slayermin
02-20-2005, 03:50 PM
I like "Crazy Legs." Crazy Legs Hirsch was a great football player.

But what came into my mind from last weeks game at Miami is "Matador." Whenever he drives against Shaq or whenever he tries to strip the ball from Shaq, it's like a matador controlling the movements of a bull to gain an advantage for the kill. Also, Manu is fearless like a matador.

Phenomanul
02-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Didn't someone call him "crazy legs" recently?

Yup... that would be me....

as for "Controlled Chaos" that's the name I wanted to give to his signature shoe..... that or "Air Chaos"

Im Here Huckleberry
02-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Yup... that would be me....

as for "Controlled Chaos" that's the name I wanted to give to his signature shoe..... that or "Air Chaos"

I meant on TV I think it might have been Sean or Steve, I could be wrong but i know it was on TV because I remember laughing. Hey, but if you did cool.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2005, 05:29 PM
I think it'd be better to go with Crazy Train, then we can play some Ozzie for him :)

TMTTRIO
02-20-2005, 05:30 PM
I remember Steve calling him the squirrel because he was like a squirrel dodging traffic :lol

GoSpurs21
02-21-2005, 12:38 AM
I have always been partial to Obewon as in Manu "Obewon" Ginobili....let Manu lull the defense to sleep with his Jedi mind tricks.

TMTTRIO
02-21-2005, 01:16 AM
^I like that. I wish the nickname the Matrix wasn't already taken. That would've also been a good one.

Sec24Row7
02-21-2005, 01:26 AM
the argentinian team calls him "the one" or "neo" heh

Matrix
02-21-2005, 02:01 AM
Dago Wop

Mark in Austin
02-21-2005, 02:14 AM
He's not Italian, fuck stick.

Matrix
02-21-2005, 02:16 AM
wow, I don't believe I have ever been called a "fuck stick"

GoSpurs21
02-21-2005, 03:07 AM
He's not Italian, fuck stick.He must be of Italian heritage dumbshit, where else does a name like Ginobili come from? It's not Spanish origin. And a lot of Italians (and Germans) went to Arg after WWII. I guess when they were teaching world history in Austin, Mark was high on weed. Either that or Mark think's Ginobili is a native S American last name. Either way Mark looks like a real historian.

smeagol
02-21-2005, 07:15 AM
He must be of Italian heritage dumbshit, where else does a name like Ginobili come from? It's not Spanish origin. And a lot of Italians (and Germans) went to Arg after WWII. I guess when they were teaching world history in Austin, Mark was high on weed. Either that or Mark think's Ginobili is a native S American last name. Either way Mark looks like a real historian.
Hey idiot, the influx of Italians to Argentina came way before WWII. The big waves of Italian and Spanish immigrants came late in the XIX Century and in early in the XX Century. Same thing with the Germans (although they came in much lesser numbers).

What you are trying to imply is that the losers of WWII, the Nazis and Facsists, fled to Argentina after 1945. Although that might be true to some extent, the numbers were too small (probably less than 1,000) to influence the country's demographics.

So who's the "real historian", GoSpurs21?.

Before opening your big mouth to talk about something you seem to know very little about, and start calling out other posters (who, by the way, usually bring much better takes than you), think twice about it.

Your knowledge about my country's history seems to be very limited and a little distorted.

Leo_ARG
02-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Argentina let in Nazis but is not our fault, first I wasen't even born, second people here didn't knew...it's not like...voting people who keeps bombing kids in Irak.
What's worse?

waly.mg
02-21-2005, 11:42 AM
PUCARA

http://www.todo-aviones.com.ar/argentina/pucara/Pucara10.jpg

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/aircraft_images/main_images/1a58pucara.jpg

FMA Ia-58 Pucará

It is a two-seater airplane, for support of ground forceses, of great maneuverability, but it is not enabled to fight against airships to reaction. It is very effective, however, to unite combat against helicopters, when these lack aerial cover.

The Pucará name ("strength ", in quichua), is related to the great amount of armament that can load, between the machine guns, tubes and the three fixations for external armament (2 under wings and 1 under the fuselage).

Its undercarriage still allows normal operation in earth tracks. Proof of it fué the activity of the Pucará in the Falklands from the three air bases, two of them with earth track (Bases Cóndor and Calderón).

Specifications

Country of origin and manufacture: Argentina
Manufacturer: Military factory of Airplanes
Type: Support for ground forceses

Dimensions:
Spread: 14,25 ms
Length: 14,50 ms
Weight:
Emptiness: 4,000 kg
Maximum take-off: 6,800 kg
Power plant and power:
2 Turbines Turbomeca Astazou of 965 HP each one.
Performance:
Terminal velocity: 500 km/h
Speed cruise: 480 km/h
Reach: 700 km
Armament:
4 machine guns of 7,62 mm
2 tubes of 20 mm
3 fixations for 1500 kg of arms altogether

GoSpurs21
02-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Hey idiot, the influx of Italians to Argentina came way before WWII. The big waves of Italian and Spanish immigrants came late in the XIX Century and in early in the XX Century. Same thing with the Germans (although they came in much lesser numbers).

What you are trying to imply is that the losers of WWII, the Nazis and Facsists, fled to Argentina after 1945. Although that might be true to some extent, the numbers were too small (probably less than 1,000) to influence the country's demographics.

So who's the "real historian", GoSpurs21?.

Before opening your big mouth to talk about something you seem to know very little about, and start calling out other posters (who, by the way, usually bring much better takes than you), think twice about it.

Your knowledge about my country's history seems to be very limited and a little distorted.Sorry you are so sensative about the FACT that many German's and Italian's fled to Arg during and after the war (your issue not mine). I never mentioned Nazi's or Facist's.

All I was saying is that Ginobili is an Italian sir name and Manu is probably of Italian decent.

As for bringing better takes, opinions are opinions. I could care less that you value others more than mine. Your opinion means nothing to me. You are a Spurs fan only cause of Ginobili. I have been a Spurs fan since 77. While Ginobili is my current favorite player, it has to do with his skills and heart not his nationality.

smeagol
02-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Sorry you are so sensative about the FACT that many German's and Italian's fled to Arg during and after the war
And what does that have to do with Ginobili's ancestors? Again, his ancestors came to Argentina in the second half of the XIX century.

(your issue not mine). I never mentioned Nazi's or Facist's.
My issue is that you are acting as a history professor. You even have the nerve of lecturing MinA. And you know shit about the subject.

All I was saying is that Ginobili is an Italian sir name and Manu is probably of Italian decent.

Idiot, go and re-read your thread. This is not all you said.

As for bringing better takes, opinions are opinions. I could care less that you value others more than mine. Your opinion means nothing to me. You are a Spurs fan only cause of Ginobili. I have been a Spurs fan since 77. While Ginobili is my current favorite player, it has to do with his skills and heart not his nationality.
I don't care when you started following the SPurs. Your takes about Barry suck.

And yes, I follow the Spurs since Manu's arrival. Is that a sin?

GoSpurs21
02-22-2005, 12:22 AM
I don't care when you started following the SPurs. Your takes about Barry suck.So do yours

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 12:22 AM
I know you are, but what am I.

:rolleyes

Spurs_rock05
02-22-2005, 01:26 AM
1. manu-da dawg-ginobili
2. manu- caliber- ginobili
3. manu- ankle breaker- ginobili
4. manu- time warner cable guy- ginobili

Mark in Austin
02-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Jesus. I was more focused on the racial slur than Manu's exact ancestral lineage. There isn't a thing about Manu that doesn't bleed Argentinian through and through. If you're so sure Ginobili is an Italian surname, I'll go with that. I'll even give you a cookie if you want one.

Funny, though. I'd think a Spurs fan since '77 who claims that Manu is his favorite current player would be more focused on the fact that a racial slur that was used against him than arguing ancestral lineage and the finer points of European war criminal immigration to South America in the 20th century.

circles_eternal
02-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Brent Barry calls him the "One-eyed Argentinean"...