PDA

View Full Version : Will Obama renege on his promises?

doobs
11-10-2008, 02:30 PM
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/nov/11/exclusive-obama-deletes-agenda-from-transition-web/

Over the weekend President-elect Barack Obama scrubbed Change.gov, his transition Web site, deleting most of what had been a massive agenda copied directly from his campaign Web site.

Gone are the promises on how an Obama administration would handle 25 different agenda items - everything from Iraq and immigration to taxes and urban policy - all items laid out on his campaign Web site, www.BarackObama.com.

Instead, the official agenda on Change.gov has been boiled down to one vague paragraph proclaiming a plan “to revive the economy, to fix our health care, education, and social security systems, to define a clear path to energy independence, to end the war in Iraq responsibly and finish our mission in Afghanistan, and to work with our allies to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, among many other domestic and foreign policy objectives.”

“We are currently retooling the Web site,” said Obama spokesman Nick Shapiro.

The site went active on Wednesday and was available to the public Thursday. The agenda items, which were active for at least part of the weekend, appear to have been deleted by late Saturday.

Anti.Hero
11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
2nd term.

He has to live up to at least half of the hype, but quick change hurts.

timvp
11-10-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm just surprised someone actually spelled "renege" correctly. Good timing, too.

Bender
11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
will the MSM come down all over him when things go wrong?

will comedy shows, such as SNL, make fun of him, like they have every other president?

balli
11-10-2008, 02:41 PM
He'll get a lot done and if nothing else he'll keep the federal bureaucracy extremely more equipped, prepared and functional than Bush ever even came close to doing. But yeah, the first term is about putting America back together... after that he can build on it.

Anti.Hero
11-10-2008, 02:42 PM
The first term is about doing as much, or as little, as it takes to get to the 2nd term.

doobs
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
This is what I think--or rather, what I hope. Obama cares more about power than he does about principle. Obama knows that if he delivers on his leftist-populist promises, he'll be a one-term president.

I would admire his courage and his strength if he pursued what he really thought was good for this country. He would be a horrible president, but he would at least have my respect. He doesn't have the stones, though. I don't think he wants to risk losing re-election. This is Clinton II. One can hope, anyway.

JoeChalupa
11-10-2008, 02:54 PM
I hope he does what is best for the country and govern as the circumstances as allow.

BacktoBasics
11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I know for starters that once you type something on the internet its supposed to never come off because things never evolve or change. Even though his mentality changed from trying to win an election to being responsible for the well doing of our country he shouldn't change his website to keep us up to speed as things progress. This is BS.

Dude should left it alone or tell us that

"hey gang we're going to revamp things on the site to keep it current. As you can see I took some stuff down and that definately means I have no intention of following thru on my ideas....I know it looks like I'm just updating the page but seriously if it comes down it means I lied. Peace out and thanks for subscribing to my newsletter."

Viva Las Espuelas
11-10-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm just surprised someone actually spelled "renege" correctly. Good timing, too.they might spell it incorrectly if he gets re-elected

Spurminator
11-10-2008, 03:28 PM
This is what I think--or rather, what I hope. Obama cares more about power than he does about principle. Obama knows that if he delivers on his leftist-populist promises, he'll be a one-term president.

I would admire his courage and his strength if he pursued what he really thought was good for this country. He would be a horrible president, but he would at least have my respect. He doesn't have the stones, though. I don't think he wants to risk losing re-election. This is Clinton II. One can hope, anyway.

He was pretty clear and specific during his campaign about some of the plans he had for the country. Those plans were public knowledge when he was voted President by 53% of the voters, over 65 million people. I would assume most of the people who voted for him are hoping, even expecting, that his promises will be fulfilled.

And one key difference between Obama and Clinton's first term is that Clinton had less than half of the nation on his side when he began in 1993. 57% of voters had voted for either Perot or Bush, so he was more susceptable to backlash for supporting liberal policies.

Nbadan
11-11-2008, 12:47 AM
This is what I think--or rather, what I hope. Obama cares more about power than he does about principle.

So what your saying is that you care more about pushing your own political affiliation rather than seeing Obama be successful in implementing policies that would benefit all of us - how very patriotic of you....

Nbadan
11-11-2008, 12:58 AM
"hey gang we're going to revamp things on the site to keep it current. As you can see I took some stuff down and that definately means I have no intention of following thru on my ideas....I know it looks like I'm just updating the page but seriously if it comes down it means I lied. Peace out and thanks for subscribing to my newsletter."

:lol

Obama will have 8 years to implement his policies, Dubya had 8 years of steering this ship into the gutter, it's not like everything is going to be hunky-dory just because there is a new captain at the helm...