PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone here have AT&T Uverse?

davi78239
11-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Fucking TWC just raised our bill after a year and I'm looking at the U200 plan that would put me at about $124.00 a month before taxes and fees. Anyone know off the bat about how much more the price will be after all the additional shit they add? I added up TW to a little over $15 bucks. I just don't think for $134 a month that we are getting much from TWC basic package. Yes, we called Customer service and bitched but the girl told us that we are still paying cheaper than what the current deals are offering so she couldn't give us a new plan (so she says). I damn well know that for that price you can get a lot more somewhere else. Just wanted to see what you guys have and if anyone else here has Uverse. Keep in mind that this is for cable, phone, and internet. Also, the lowest internet that AT&T has is the 1.5 or whatever so wanted to also know yalls opinion on that too.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-10-2008, 04:42 PM
i have it. i like it. i'm sure evan still has a box sitting at home.

lebomb
11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
I have Uverse and its worked flawlessly in the 6mo. Ive had it. I have the 400 package.

Ive had them all and below is my ranking.

TWC < Dish < Uverse

Blake
11-10-2008, 05:01 PM
my parents have uverse and love it

Ive just been too lazy to make the switch, but I hate TWC too.

PakiDan
11-10-2008, 05:02 PM
I have Uverse - that's what I am paying for the 400.... Plus they gave all of the premiums free for 6 months. I love it.

jcrod
11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I pay 109 plus tax for TWC, thats every channel with HBO, SHO and TMC, not Stars. Plus the fastest RR.

I've never had problems with TWC and I'd rather have cable modem than DSL. I'm assuming Uverse is DSL, correct me if I'm wrong.....what is your speed?

DarkReign
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Shit, you guys got deals.

I have Comcast, every channel (HBO,Show,Max,etc), 2nd from fastest internet and DVR.

$219 a month.

Bender
11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
TW raises their rates EVERY year....

I looked at the UVerse 100 package, and the channel selection sucked. So I looked at the 200 package, and there were only like 10 more decent channels compared to the 100 package.

Bender
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM
oh, btw, I have TW D-1000 package (digital, 150 or 200 whatever), Roadrunner, and phone service for $80 / month. We got a special deal because I called them a year ago and said I was quitting, so they begged me to stay and offered me a cheap price for 3 years...

S_A_Longhorn
11-10-2008, 05:50 PM
My deals are about to expire. When they do, I will pay about $109 + tax. That is for the U300 package ($79), Broadband Express ($25), an extra receiver ($5 - first 3 are free), and the HD channels ($10). I do get a bundle discount of $10.

The service was a bit problematic at first, but was recently repaired. I haven't had any problems since. The new one-DVR-watch-on-any-TV service is awesome.

I left TWC a year ago. Hope to never return.

mexicanjunior
11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
My cousin has U-Verse and has been very happy with it. The only thing he complained about was not having HD versions of the PPV's he gets (like the Jones-Calzaghe fight I was there for)...

lebomb
11-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I pay 109 plus tax for TWC, thats every channel with HBO, SHO and TMC, not Stars. Plus the fastest RR.

I've never had problems with TWC and I'd rather have cable modem than DSL. I'm assuming Uverse is DSL, correct me if I'm wrong.....what is your speed?

Fiberoptics my man.....fiberoptics :hat

lebomb
11-11-2008, 01:30 PM
oh, btw, I have TW D-1000 package (digital, 150 or 200 whatever), Roadrunner, and phone service for $80 / month. We got a special deal because I called them a year ago and said I was quitting, so they begged me to stay and offered me a cheap price for 3 years...

That is awesome!!!! After 3yrs your rate will be $375 a month. :lmao

Bender
11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
That is awesome!!!! After 3yrs your rate will be $375 a month.
They pleaded with me to stay, and offered this deal:

all 3: Digital-1000 cable / Roadrunner / phone service

for $69 for the 1st year, then increase $10 for the next 6 months, and increase $10 every 6 months until after 3 years it becomes whatever "the going rate" is.

Oh yeah, they gave us all the Showtime / Movie Channel channels free for the first year.

I'm going to stick with this deal until it is around $110 or so, then maybe look at uverse or dish.

jcrod
11-11-2008, 02:40 PM

Really? I thought Verizon was the only current company doing Fiber. What is you download speed?

jcrod
11-11-2008, 03:56 PM

I was right, its not fiberoptics. Verizon FIOS is the only company doing Fiberoptics and its super fast. If they were here I would jump to get it.

CubanMustGo
11-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I was right, its not fiberoptics. Verizon FIOS is the only company doing Fiberoptics and its super fast. If they were here I would jump to get it.

From the uVERSE pages:

Fiber

Learn how AT&T is taking the existing fiber that's going into your home today and turning it into the vehicle that's delivering all your entertainment to your television, computer and phone.

* What It Is

Fiber is glass or plastic hair thin threads that deliver data over a network. The threads are bound tightly together and use waves of light to transmit the data.
* Advantages

There are many advantages using Fiber Optics:
o Thinner than regular cable (metal)
o Data is transmitted digitally rather than analogically
o Fiber optics carry more bandwidth than traditional metal

* Availability

Fiber optics is replacing traditional copper within networks across the country and around the world. AT&T is using this technology whenever possible.

jcrod
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
From the uVERSE pages:

Fiber

Learn how AT&T is taking the existing fiber that's going into your home today and turning it into the vehicle that's delivering all your entertainment to your television, computer and phone.

* What It Is

Fiber is glass or plastic hair thin threads that deliver data over a network. The threads are bound tightly together and use waves of light to transmit the data.
* Advantages

There are many advantages using Fiber Optics:
o Thinner than regular cable (metal)
o Data is transmitted digitally rather than analogically
o Fiber optics carry more bandwidth than traditional metal

* Availability

Fiber optics is replacing traditional copper within networks across the country and around the world. AT&T is using this technology whenever possible.

Its not straight through, not 100% Fiber all the way. The max downloads speeds Uverse offers is 18mbs. 100% Fiber you would get double that, Verizon is the only company currently doing it.

gameFACE
11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Generally, i've been happy with it. I've had it for a year. We had to have our DVR replaced after about 6 months but it's been fine ever since. It doesn't go out like Direct TV. And it's not retarded with channel numbering like TWC. Manu needs to switch over.

slacker77
11-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Its not straight through, not 100% Fiber all the way. The max downloads speeds Uverse offers is 18mbs. 100% Fiber you would get double that, Verizon is the only company currently doing it.

Not true. The company I work for, we install fiber to the home and business . Though it's only in the bulverde , SV , and boerne area.

slacker77
11-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Also , I don't know of anyone who is 100% fiber all the way to the home . What I mean is that the outside plant layout may fiber optic , but it still dead ends to a network interface device on the side of your house. From that point it ties into your inside copper wires (ie. cat3 , cat5 , coax ). Now I have ran fiber optic lines directly to desktops for a couple of businesses , but that is very expensive.

HORNSWOGGLE
11-11-2008, 11:14 PM
yes it is fiber optics, and i do tech support for Uverse, if any of yall ever need credit just let me know. j/k

jcrod
11-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Believe what you want, fiber optics you get more than 18mbs. You have no idea what you're talking about.

jcrod
11-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Also , I don't know of anyone who is 100% fiber all the way to the home . What I mean is that the outside plant layout may fiber optic , but it still dead ends to a network interface device on the side of your house. From that point it ties into your inside copper wires (ie. cat3 , cat5 , coax ). Now I have ran fiber optic lines directly to desktops for a couple of businesses , but that is very expensive.

When I stated 100%, I meant from your home to the Hub, node, CO, etc.. Of course the wiring in the house won't have it. But Cat5 can transmits high speeds in short distances. You need Fiber Optics to transmit at a higher rate outside your home.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Shit, you guys got deals.

I have Comcast, every channel (HBO,Show,Max,etc), 2nd from fastest internet and DVR.

$219 a month.

Wow. I have Comcast, every channel, fastest internet, two Digital boxes, but my rate is only $175 after tax (and it was just raised $15 two months ago from the $160 it was for the last 2 years).

I hate their customer service, but thankfully, I rarely need to call it.