PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Calls Out The Mav's

Biernutz
11-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Dirk questions effort after loss to Clippers

Nov 09, 2008
David Moore
Dallas Morning News

LOS ANGELES -- Josh Howard's absence didn't come close to explaining the Mavericks latest disappointment.
Pick on the defense if you want. The Los Angeles Clippers did. Of course, the Mavericks offense didn't exactly inspire poetry.

Poor defense and bad offense will do a team in every time, even when the opponent is a Clippers team that had been winless until Sunday's 103-92 breakthrough. But that only scratches the surface as to what bothers the Mavericks these days.

After the team's fourth loss of the young season, Dirk Nowitzki questioned the team's effort and said it has been coasting.

"If you don't compete hard, it's not about Xs and Os,'' Nowitzki said. "You can run whatever play you want. You can have all the schemes you want defensively. We've just got to push ourselves to play harder.
"I don't know what it is. I don't know what's going on. We don't leave it all out there, and that's what you've got to do.''

The pattern has become all too familiar in this 2-4 start. The Mavericks fall behind, fight their way back then don't have enough left in the tank at the end of the game to pull it out.

On this afternoon the Mavericks overcame an 11-point second half deficit to tie the score at 79-all with 8:10 left. The Mavericks then watched the Clippers reel off 13 unanswered points.

"It's a continuing theme,'' coach Rick Carlisle said. "Dig a hole, battle hard, get tied, sometimes get a lead and then they went on a [13-0] run.
"We're behind where we want to be.''

Look now and the Mavericks are behind Memphis in the Southwest Division.
Not only did the Mavericks offense miss Howard, they missed Jason Terry's production for the better part of the game. The team's second leading scorer missed his first 11 shots and finished 3-of-15 from the field. The Mavericks shot 41.4 percent as a team and scraped together only nine fast break points.

"For us, that's one of our strengths,'' point guard Jason Kidd said. "If we can't get out and run that puts a lot of pressure on our defense.''
A defense that allowed the Clippers to place six players in double-figures and score 19 points above their season average.

"We've got to find out how we're going to get some stops,'' Kidd said.
Nowitzki believes they need to find themselves.
"We've got to compete,'' Nowitzki said. "That's on the players, on every single one of us.

"We've got to cut harder. We've got to defend harder. We've got to rebound hard. I just think we're coasting too much right now.
"We're not good enough to coast, as you saw tonight.''

This and that

Josh Howard did not play Sunday because of a sprained left wrist but the team remains hopeful he will be ready to play Tuesday against the LA Lakers. Gerald Green started in his place and finished with 13 points and 12 rebounds. "Gerald did some good things out there,'' coach Rick Carlisle said...Jason Kidd picked up a flagrant foul late in the fourth quarter when he fouled Al Thornton on a drive to the basket. He disagreed with the call.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/11/dirk-questions-effort-after-loss-to-clip.html

Findog
11-10-2008, 05:19 PM
This team is Dirk and garbage. That will get you about 38 wins this year, give or take a couple games.

clambake
11-10-2008, 05:21 PM
if he said that during a fall-away jumper, they didn't hear him.

m33p0
11-10-2008, 09:50 PM
this should have been just between him and his teammates.

mavsfan1000
11-10-2008, 10:57 PM
this should have been just between him and his teammates.
Fuck that. THey deserve to get ripped in front of the media. Fuck them for their lack of effort.

MavDynasty
11-10-2008, 11:03 PM
dirk needs to be a fucking kobe and whine and bitch to the FO and his team(no offense to kobe),im tired of his pussy ass being underspoken

angelbelow
11-10-2008, 11:03 PM
ohhhhhhhhh

galvatron3000
11-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Avery was right, they're not that good. Not a playoff team, shouldnt have made that deal. Need to try and dump Howard, maybe look at Harrington, Nelson may take Howard

MavDynasty
11-10-2008, 11:11 PM
trade stack and bass for felton, trade terry for mcdice,sign marbury if the knicks buy out his contract.

idk if the numbers work for any of these tho and stacks contract should do it alone.

m33p0
11-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Fuck that. THey deserve to get ripped in front of the media. Fuck them for their lack of effort.
Shouldn't Dirk be part of that group that deserves to be ripped apart?

p.s. I haven't watched any of the Mavs games so bear with me.

MavDynasty
11-10-2008, 11:13 PM

p.s. I haven't watched any of the Mavs games so bear with me.

lol you wouldnt want to watch any of the games,there pretty ugly

Findog
11-10-2008, 11:14 PM

No.

p.s. I haven't watched any of the Mavs games so bear with me

There you go.

MavDynasty
11-10-2008, 11:16 PM
dirk fucking scores 33 and we lose to a scrub team,

when was the last time that has happened?

Findog
11-10-2008, 11:26 PM
dirk fucking scores 33 and we lose to a scrub team,

when was the last time that has happened?

I was thinking about it today. There are no more "gimmes" for this team. There was a time where you could say "Oh, look, we're playing the T-Wolves or the Knicks, that's a W!" Not anymore. There's not one team in this League, if we were playing at home and they were on the 2nd night of a b2b that I could pencil us in for a win. Not even Kevin Durant's team, and they suck.

dirk4mvp
11-11-2008, 12:55 AM
I was thinking about it today. There are no more "gimmes" for this team. There was a time where you could say "Oh, look, we're playing the T-Wolves or the Knicks, that's a W!" Not anymore. There's not one team in this League, if we were playing at home and they were on the 2nd night of a b2b that I could pencil us in for a win. Not even Kevin Durant's team, and they suck.

Who does Kevin Durant play for?

Findog
11-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Who does Kevin Durant play for?

Seattle SloppySeconds

m33p0
11-11-2008, 01:25 AM
i still think if he has anything to say he should tell it to their faces in the locker room... wearing a face mask with extra padding for protection.

SpursDynasty
11-11-2008, 01:32 AM
The Mavs are not a great team, but they can beat the Lakers. The two teams are basically one star (Kobe and Dirk) plus a bunch of role players (Gasol, Odom, Howard, Terry).

Tmac&Luther
11-11-2008, 02:52 AM
My respect for Dirk just went up...........great move by him.

Yao called out the team last year and then they turned around and went on a 22 game winning streak. I'm wondering who's going to call them out this year, because once again they're playing with little effort.

Anyways back on the Dirk thing......this is the kinda thing that can turn your season around (helped us last season when everybody was saying Houston wouldn't even make the playoffs)..........don't write the Mavs off yet.

RsxPiimp
11-11-2008, 03:12 AM
dirk needs to man up and ask cubes for some help or trade him.