PDA

View Full Version : GOP has thrown McCain Under the Bus

Nbadan
11-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Operation "Save Sarah" (tm) is on by the Rupert Murdoch news media.....

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65/Youphemism/McPalin.jpg

McCain Owes Sarah Some Straight Talk
By WILLIAM MCGURN

Where's John McCain's honor when we need it?

We'll find out tonight, when the Arizona Republican appears on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno. In the week since the election, Mr. McCain's campaign team has leaked some nasty stuff about Sarah Palin. These leaks are personal, and they speak more to the character of Mr. McCain and the leakers than they do to Mrs. Palin. So it will be telling if Mr. McCain stands up for his partner and says how offended he has been by what some of his staffers have done to her.

Two weeks or so before the campaign was over, the first round of McCain campaign rumors alleged that Mrs. Palin was a "whack job," and characterized her clothes-shopping as "hillbillies looting Neiman-Marcus from coast to coast." More recently, she has been alleged to know as little about geography as Barack Obama knows about the number of states in the union (at one point, he put it at 57).

The unmistakable message here has nothing to do with Africa, the North American Free Trade Agreement or bathrobes. It is the campaign team's cry, "It's not our fault. How could we ever win with this woman on the ticket?"

The first point to make here is the most obvious: This is the language of losers.
[McCain Owes Sarah Some Straight Talk] Associated Press

This whole display calls to mind those embarrassing codas to each episode of "The Apprentice," when the losing team would sit before Donald Trump in the boardroom and then start blaming everyone but themselves for their failures. The apparent eagerness of Team McCain to indulge in this kind of fingerpointing is similarly unprofessional, and it raises an interesting question.

We are asked to believe that Mrs. Palin was not ready for a national campaign. On what evidence from any part of this election are we to conclude that anyone on the McCain campaign team was ready for a national campaign?

Let's stipulate that Mrs. Palin was not perfect. Regardless whose idea the Katie Couric interview was, it went badly and left some damage. The phone call she took from a comedian pretending to be French Prime Minister Nicolas Sarkozy didn't help. Neither did her assignment as campaign attack dog, the traditional role for any vice presidential candidate.

Yet there are other, more salient points. In the treatment of Mrs. Palin by some of the McCain staff, there is the clear whiff of condescension. That's something a sitting American governor might understandably find hard to stomach coming from a bunch of young professional Republicans who have never themselves run for office.

Ultimately, of course, this will all pass. And if Mrs. Palin goes back and continues to do a good job as governor of Alaska, these attacks will likely only reinforce her outside-the-Beltway credentials to rank-and-file Republicans.

Wall Street Journal (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122637257625116453.html)

Hell, funding Sarah for a possible 2012 run is a cause even I can get behind - it guarantees Obama another 4 years..

Nbadan
11-11-2008, 03:09 AM
More McCain war stories coming out...

GO0-mNGHU0g

baseline bum
11-11-2008, 03:17 AM

:lmao

MannyIsGod
11-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Eh, I think everone acknowledges this was the end of of the line for McCain. I really wonder if he'll run for reelection in 2 years. I could see him just packing it in.

jochhejaam
11-11-2008, 06:35 AM
A floundering economy and war on 2 fronts along with McCain's major gaffes; "the economy is fundamentally sound", and "I'm suspending my campaign" and all hope was lost.

Ring out the old, ring in the new.

JoeChalupa
11-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Eh, I think everone acknowledges this was the end of of the line for McCain. I really wonder if he'll run for reelection in 2 years. I could see him just packing it in.

I concur. But I also think he loves serving too much. Only time will tell.

johnsmith
11-11-2008, 11:01 AM
I think that the campaign is over. So why are we still trying to post every negative thing we can find about McCain?

Wait, my bad, I forgot who started the thread.

MannyIsGod
11-11-2008, 11:08 AM
This article is a negative about John McCain?

johnsmith
11-11-2008, 11:10 AM
This article is a negative about John McCain?

Fuck I guess I just assumed so..............I don't read Dan's posts anymore.

MannyIsGod
11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
You should be able to tell from the thread title who the article is about.

johnsmith
11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
ok

Nbadan
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Reading is fundamental!

johnsmith
11-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Reading is fundamental!

Reading is fundamental.

Reading the shit you post is repetative and boring.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
I think the GOP getting behind Sarah Palin is the best idea they've ever had and I personally hope they follow her right over that cliff. Until they regroup and examine what led them to this point, they're no good to the American people.

ChumpDumper
11-11-2008, 01:39 PM
A floundering economy and war on 2 fronts along with McCain's major gaffes; "the economy is fundamentally sound", and "I'm suspending my campaign" and all hope was lost.You forgot the Palin pick.

RandomGuy
11-11-2008, 03:28 PM

:rollin

RandomGuy
11-11-2008, 03:29 PM

Maybe he will finally get around to visitin all of his houses...

kwhitegocubs
11-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Eh, it's too bad. If the McCain of 2000 had run and NOT picked Palin, he would have likely still lost (economy). However, he would have salvaged the GOP brand name amongst moderates.

As it is, McCain of 2008 has ENCOURAGED the GOP to throw him under the Bus by blindly appealing to the Theo-Cons. The short-sighted GOP has given in and are going to give the keys to Palin, Jindal, or Gingrich. Too bad no one taught them how to drive (well, Gingrich, but his "license" was suspended 9 years ago).

The only hopes they have are Pawlenty and Crist at this point. I'd say they are long-shots.

Nbadan
11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
http://www.caglecartoons.com/images/preview/%7Bc3af0292-866a-4496-9b83-f7235e4638fa%7D.gif

Sarah Palin
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
The Good Ole Palin Party is mine!! You betcha!!!

Nbadan
11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
2008, the NES game...

ehKteqExWwo

Anti.Hero
11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
It's McCain, who cares.