only 7 games but not bad....

FG% 44.1
3PT% 45.5
FT% 84.2
Reb 5.3
PPG 19.3

throw in 2 assist and a steal

edit:
Only about three FT attempts a game. would be nice if he could get to the line more, more assists, and less TOs (3 a game)
but still nice from a rookie

MI21
11-11-2008, 03:21 AM
Stats will be significantly better after todays 33 point outburst as well. He does have a really nice perimeter game.

angelbelow
11-11-2008, 03:26 AM
havent seen him live yet but his stat lines are usually pretty good.

IronMexican
11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
He is a TO machine. I know from his SC days.

RonMexico
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM
No TO's tracked in my league, so he's been a good pickup for me.

Allanon
11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
OJ Mayo is still kind of a crazy shooter and has to refine his game (TO's, passing). He's behind Rose in the skill department.

But I still think if there going to be a Superstar made out of this year's draft class, it'll be Mayo. He's the only one with the cajones to win a game. And he's more gifted than both Beasley and Rose.

BullsDynasty
11-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Rose > Mayo

Allanon
11-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Rose > Mayo

For now.

It's like Memphis/Kansas all over, when the game's on the line, Rose is still just calmly walking up the floor instead of pushing the ball and taking control of the game.

Mayo, on the other hand, took the game-tieing shot last night and missed by a foot. But the willingness to make and miss the last shot was there.

Once Mayo works on his game, I think he will be better than Rose.

BullsDynasty
11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
For now.

It's like Memphis/Kansas all over, when the game's on the line, Rose is still just calmly walking up the floor instead of pushing the ball and taking control of the game.

Mayo, on the other hand, took the game-tieing shot last night and missed by a foot. But the willingness to make and miss the last shot was there.

Once Mayo works on his game, I think he will be better than Rose.

Not really when you have good shooters like Ben Gordon, why would Rose need to take the game winning shot?

METALMiKE
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
He reminds me of a young Jim Jackson with more hops. Good player and future allstar, but as the season progresses, Rose will rise to the top of the pack in this group of rookies.

What happened to Oden??? lol

SIZZING START?

Allanon
11-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Not really when you have good shooters like Ben Gordon, why would Rose need to take the game winning shot?

Because he should be the Man (if he's going to be a franchise player). Like CP3 and D-Will will often take the game winner.

The point guard position has changed quite a bit, the Point guards have to be able to assist AND score. I just don't see that end-of-game aggression in Rose. It was just a couple days ago where the Bulls lost (Bulls had the lead going into the 4th), I forgot which game but it was one of their last 2/3 games. The game was winding down and he was still playing like it was the beginning of the first.

JamStone
11-11-2008, 08:08 PM

Doesn't need to, but the best player, franchise player on the team should want that responsibility.

LeBron has several teammates that are better shooters than him, but he's found out that he needs to take over in those situations because that's what great players do.

BullsDynasty
11-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Doesn't need to, but the best player, franchise player on the team should want that responsibility.

LeBron has several teammates that are better shooters than him, but he's found out that he needs to take over in those situations because that's what great players do.

But Yao Ming is the franchise player for the Houston Rockets yet I dont see him shoot the last shot. How about Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic, or Lebron James? (Lebron James has never ever made a buzzer beater). Or even Chris Paul? (Its mostly Peja who takes it)

JamStone
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Yao has taken game winning or game tying shots, and the Rockets have two franchise players. T-Mac can create his own shot and is quicker so he shares that responsibility, but Yao has.

Dwight Howard can't create his own shot and is a very poor free throw shooter. Hedo took over that responsibility last year because he's the guy on the team with the best ability to create his own shot and cause mismatches because of his skill and size.

LeBron has taken plenty of game winning and game tying shots and has made plenty. He's missed his share just like every other player, but he has made them too.

Peja of when? 2001? Chris Paul takes over in those situations. He might kick it out to Peja if the entire defense collapses on him, but no, Chris Paul will take over 9 times out of 10 in those situations.

I'm not arguing Derrick Rose has to take game winning or game tying shots, but as the best player and franchise player of the team, he should want the ball in his hands in those situations to either take the shot or create a shot opportunity for a teammate.

It's also to point at a lot of big men as examples because many don't have the ability to create their own shot. Derrick Rose is not a power forward or center. He has play making ability. Using Dwight Howard as an example is fine but not really pertinent.

BullsDynasty
11-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Yao has taken game winning or game tying shots, and the Rockets have two franchise players. T-Mac can create his own shot and is quicker so he shares that responsibility, but Yao has.

Dwight Howard can't create his own shot and is a very poor free throw shooter. Hedo took over that responsibility last year because he's the guy on the team with the best ability to create his own shot and cause mismatches because of his skill and size.

LeBron has taken plenty of game winning and game tying shots and has made plenty. He's missed his share just like every other player, but he has made them too.

Peja of when? 2001? Chris Paul takes over in those situations. He might kick it out to Peja if the entire defense collapses on him, but no, Chris Paul will take over 9 times out of 10 in those situations.

I'm not arguing Derrick Rose has to take game winning or game tying shots, but as the best player and franchise player of the team, he should want the ball in his hands in those situations to either take the shot or create a shot opportunity for a teammate.

It's also to point at a lot of big men as examples because many don't have the ability to create their own shot. Derrick Rose is not a power forward or center. He has play making ability. Using Dwight Howard as an example is fine but not really pertinent.

You didn't seem him shoot the Buzzer against I think it was the Cavs or Celtics Last year?

Technically you are right about the fact that best player should take the shot, but coaching wise, you want to win the game and want to have the best chances at doing so, giving it to someone who may have low shooting percentage but is a very good player wont improve your chances.

JamStone
11-11-2008, 08:43 PM
So Peja may have had one, maybe a couple, game winning shots LAST year?

Ok, that doesn't really prove your point.

I'm willing to bet Chris Paul took and made many more last year.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
11-11-2008, 09:13 PM
OJ has the same amount of turnovers as Kobe and Deron williams

BullsDynasty
11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
So Peja may have had one, maybe a couple, game winning shots LAST year?

Ok, that doesn't really prove your point.

I'm willing to bet Chris Paul took and made many more last year.

I dont know you may be right, I barely watched the Hornets last year, I think the only game I watched was when Peja shot the buzzer so I assumed he was the man that they went to at the end of the game

Allanon
11-11-2008, 11:43 PM
I dont know you may be right, I barely watched the Hornets last year, I think the only game I watched was when Peja shot the buzzer so I assumed he was the man that they went to at the end of the game

That's what separates Rose from the Great players, you gotta be able to take over a game. Pretty much any of the Superstars will do it.

Don't get me wrong, as you and Lakaluva has said, he's sick. But if he wants to get to the next level with CP3 & DWill, he has to demand the ball with the game on the line.

manufor3
11-12-2008, 04:44 PM
That's what separates Rose from the Great players, you gotta be able to take over a game. Pretty much any of the Superstars will do it.

Don't get me wrong, as you and Lakaluva has said, he's sick. But if he wants to get to the next level with CP3 & DWill, he has to demand the ball with the game on the line.