PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected chemistry ?

JPB
11-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Ok, I don't want to transform Manu and Tony's injuries into good things.

But IF, spurs can somehow have a decent record without TP and Manu, I think this bad phase could bring unexpected chemistry :

1. young new guys will have to take responsabilities and won't have time to think. They'll have to assume their share of work and thus, gonna feel more involved from the beginning.

2. They could earn Manu and TP's (and Tim's) respect in the process and then gain confidence for the remaining of the season.

3. TP and Manu woud be gratefull and would work hard themselves to thank the guys who took care of the team in their absence.

In brief, that could create something in the locker room that may not have benn possible (or would have require more time) without the injuries.

Hopefully, things will happen this way.

urunobili
11-11-2008, 09:32 AM
being above .500 until they come back would be HUGE...

Brazil
11-11-2008, 09:33 AM
It would be great but it could be also a nightmare with huge losses and a confidence level at 0.

Anyway let's be positive, :toast to this unexpected chemistry. :flag:

mrspurs
11-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey if anything what alot of people might miss is the fact that having such a wild wild west could mean nothing like last seasons records. If the top west teams keep losing games they're supposed to win, and they will share their injuries as well. We may be sitting near a PO spot no matter what. This might not only be the season where SA gets hit by rough times. Sooner or later the media will be cracking down on someone besides us because of some short comings. I dont think its a safe to say our hopes should be built around others teams unexpected failures. But like the saying goes. A win is a win.

tlongII
11-11-2008, 10:02 AM
It could be like one of those chemistry experiments where everything blows up!

Bartleby
11-11-2008, 10:04 AM

Like Oden's knee, right?

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2008, 10:25 AM
play .500 ball...

those old fags on the team have to step up though...im tired of the excuses made for them

hater
11-11-2008, 10:27 AM

you mean like when you try to make yourself some meth?

galvatron3000
11-11-2008, 10:38 AM
hopefully, this could prove to be a positive only if the team can win some games and guys step up.

I. Hustle
11-11-2008, 10:47 AM

Like when you spent those years checking to see if there was any chemistry between you and members of the same sex.

That one just blew up in your face. All up in your face

Russ
11-11-2008, 11:30 AM
That which does not kill them will only make them stronger.

-- From "Spiritual Sayings of Walter Berry," 3d ed.

bdictjames
11-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Considering a system as hard as the Spur's, and with a coach like Pop, I doubt this.

Brazil
11-11-2008, 11:41 AM
After reading the TP interview I really count on this unexpected chemistry

nfg3
11-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Can go either way. Love to stay positive and hope that it happens and the Spurs play .500 ball until TP and Manu get back but my feelings are that it wont. To play at that level as rookies in the NBA against teams that smell blood and payback time is going to be extremely difficult. All we can do is hope for the best and not make crazy trades ( Curry/Marbury)
out of desparation.

xellos88330
11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Well, IMO, the circumstances could somewhat be beneficial. It is almost like the rodeo road trip has come early.

Spur-Addict
11-11-2008, 12:55 PM
There will be some chemistry at some point, but how far that chemistry gets us is the question. Missing that type of skill sets you back alot. We just need some good games in there, not the world.

mexicanjunior
11-11-2008, 01:13 PM
I think the injuries will help us next year since we will know who can and cannot play moving forward. Guys like Tolliver, Mason, Farmer and Hill could really gain the experience needed to be solid rotation guys when this team is ready to compete for a title again. That said, I don't think it is happening this year...they will struggle to get points because none of them have shown the ability to consistency create and sink their own shots. Everything will revolve around Duncan's post game and he will get burned out quickly, which could result in another injury to our big 3...

Mr. Body
11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Nnnnnnnnobody Expects The Unexpected Chemistry!!

m33p0
11-11-2008, 02:12 PM
i'm expecting that is what's going to happen so it's entirely not unexpected. i don't know if they'll be able to play Pop's system in a month but they'll figure out a way to win games.

Strike
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Like Oden's knee, right?

Beat me to it.

z0sa
11-11-2008, 05:56 PM
^ someone needs to photoshop oden's face on peter there