PDA

View Full Version : Is it gonna be the "The Tim Duncan Show"

The Tim Duncan show
11-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Or is he past his prime....i know he is putting up great numbers, but can he carry the team...

xtremesteven33
11-11-2008, 02:30 PM
not like he used to....sad to say

The Tim Duncan show
11-11-2008, 02:35 PM
not like he used to....sad to say

I wish we still had the old timmy, who wasnt afraid of getting his shot blocked, i think his fall on the little athleticism he had came when he hurt his ankle in 2005 in detroit, he was never the same after that, before he use two have some dunks or highlights, but he became conservative after that, not jumping, may be has a fear of stepping on someones foot again and spraining his ankle, just my opinion, i might be wrong....

z0sa
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
If his teammates are unable to pass him the ball with a Udonis Haslem fronting him, then no, its going to be the spurs being blown out show night in and night out.

If he can get the ball 50% of the possessions hes meant to, we still lose by 10.

This might not be pretty. Good. All you people complaining when we're fully and healthy and winning championships can officially eat shit.

xtremesteven33
11-11-2008, 02:39 PM
ur right. he doesnt jump not cause he cannot, but because i think he holds back ALOT!!!

even in playoff games, Duncan plays not to get hurt. its sad cause he does have amazing footwork and speed for a big guy but if it wasnt for his past injuries that have put this cautiousness in him he would still be dominating.

The Tim Duncan show
11-11-2008, 02:39 PM
If his teammates are unable to pass him the ball with a Udonis Haslem fronting him, then no, its going to be the spurs being blown out show night in and night out.

If he can get the ball 50% of the possessions hes meant to, we still lose by 10.

This might not be pretty. Good. All you people complaining when we're fully and healthy and winning championships can officially eat shit..

Honestly no one on our team can pass the ball in the Fucking post, the only person who showed some balls was tolliver in the last game....

The Tim Duncan show
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
ur right. he doesnt jump not cause he cannot, but because i think he holds back ALOT!!!

even in playoff games, Duncan plays not to get hurt. its sad cause he does have amazing footwork and speed for a big guy but if it wasnt for his past injuries that have put this cautiousness in him he would still be dominating.

Yep Timmy is like that, he just cant phase somethings out his head, how he is still intemidated by shaq( Just my opnion), well who would'nt be.... i think the guy can still finsih at the rim if he wanted two, just two years ago he was a beast, he is only 32...come on...

xtremesteven33
11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Yep Timmy is like that, he just cant phase somethings out his head, how he is still intemidated by shaq( Just my opnion), well who would'nt be.... i think the guy can still finsih at the rim if he wanted two, just two years ago he was a beast, he is only 32...come on...

Tim Duncan intimidated by Shaq????!!!!

other way around bro, Shaq is intimidadted by Duncan.

lefty
11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Without TP and Manu, Duncan will put up nice numbers, but they won't necessarely translate in wins

urunobili
11-11-2008, 03:39 PM
calling duncan228 in, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4...

naico
11-11-2008, 03:41 PM
If people think TD is going to get his points easier, now that he's the main focus on the offensive end, there mistaking. It's going to be an easy decision double teaming him, now that parker and Manu aren't there.

duncan228
11-11-2008, 03:47 PM
calling duncan228 in, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4...

:lol

For me, Duncan is not past his prime, there's no way he's intimidated by Shaq, and it's been the "Tim Duncan Show" since he first stepped on the court. His impact on this team and the game can never be completely accounted for in stats. Whether he scores 3 or 30 he'll do everything he can to try to get the win.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-11-2008, 03:49 PM
It couldn't be any worse than Magic Johnson's show was. Or the reruns of the Golden Girls that Spurs games are now resembling.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Duncan is obviously past his prime..he's still a top 5 player in the NBA, but he's no longer the best player in the league like he was in 2003, 2004 and 2005..if we had Duncan from those years, he could absolutely carry this team to the playoffs without Manu and Tony..but he's 32, what do you expect? every legend starts declining once they get older..

it doesn't mean that Tim can't still carry us for a stretch now though..still a dominant player..but this isn't an average supporting cast, this is a bad supporting cast he'll be working with..tough for a 32-year old..

xtremesteven33
11-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Duncan is obviously past his prime..he's still a top 5 player in the NBA, but he's no longer the best player in the league like he was in 2003, 2004 and 2005..if we had Duncan from those years, he could absolutely carry this team to the playoffs without Manu and Tony..but he's 32, what do you expect? every legend starts declining once they get older..

it doesn't mean that Tim can't still carry us for a stretch now though..still a dominant player..but this isn't an average supporting cast, this is a bad supporting cast he'll be working with..tough for a 32-year old..

:tu

WildcardManu
11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
The Duncan Show from now until Tp and Manu return.

TDfan2007
11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
He should dominate. But he's going to have to put up about 25 shots a game for us to even have a chance.

Bender
11-11-2008, 04:47 PM
how many practices did the team have since the Miami game?

peacemaker885
11-11-2008, 04:55 PM

Not being the best player in the league means your past your prime? So players like Pau Gasol, Yao Ming or Baron Davis will never get to their prime because there will always be somebody better?

Thomas82
11-11-2008, 06:08 PM

I agree 100% with this post.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Not being the best player in the league means your past your prime? So players like Pau Gasol, Yao Ming or Baron Davis will never get to their prime because there will always be somebody better?

huh? Duncan WAS the best player in the NBA during his prime, NOW he isn't..that means he declined..it wasn't because other players got better..a prime Duncan is better than anybody else in the NBA right now IMO..

btw, LOL @ Duncan being intimidated by Shaq..that's why he completely dominated him last year in the playoffs and in the first game this year..