PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: The Value Of Vaughn

duncan228
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Jeff McDonald: The value of Vaughn

Considering a meteor did not strike the Earth overnight (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Pops_starter_at_point_is_in_the_falling_stars.html ), Spurs coach Gregg Popovich remained mum after this morning's shootaround on the subject of who would start in place of injured point guard Tony Parker tonight against the Knicks.

We fully expect Spurs P.A. announcer Kevin Brock to call rookie George Hill's name in pre-game introductions. Even if he doesn't start, Hill will certainly wind up playing crucial minutes in Parker's absence.

Either way, veteran Jacque Vaughn will end up playing a huge role for the Spurs.

It is Vaughn who will be called upon to help Hill navigate the rough waters sure to come with being an NBA point guard.

"It's great having a guy like Jacque helping me out," Hill said Tuesday. "He's a true leader. He works with me on everything, how to run the team and be a leader."

Popovich has always tabbed Vaughn as the player on his roster most likely to be a head coach someday. Over the next few weeks, he will get a chance to show why.

tp2021
11-11-2008, 04:23 PM
This is why the Spurs keep 3 PG's.

MoSpur
11-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I hope Hill takes up the challenge, but doesn't try to do too much that it hurts the team.

peacemaker885
11-11-2008, 04:44 PM
This is why the Spurs keep 3 PG's.

Exactly, though I don't think we're the only ones doing it.

Brazil
11-11-2008, 05:24 PM
[quote=duncan228;2889869]Jeff McDonald: The value of Vaughn

:wakeup the value of Vaughn ? so Vaughn has a value... I've learnt something today.

polandprzem
11-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately we do not have a combo guard like Brent Barry for example.

11-11-2008, 05:39 PM

roger mason?

z0sa
11-11-2008, 05:58 PM

mason hasn't proven he's capable of this in washington, or you just have no clue what you're talking about??