PDA

View Full Version : Odom best player on 20 other teams?

Obstructed_View
11-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Just heard on the radio up here. John Ireland from ESPN in LA said that Lamar Odom would be the best player on 20 other teams in the NBA. I can think of maybe five where he's in the argument. Is it the smog or what? I know the Lakers have started off pretty strong, but is the hyperbole necessary?

byrdman31
11-11-2008, 08:00 PM
:lol:nope

Allanon
11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
I like Odom ALOT but even I can't say he'd be the best player on 20 other teams.

He'd be 2nd best player on alot of teams, probably. Definitely 3rd best player on almost ANY team other than the elites.

benefactor
11-11-2008, 08:03 PM
ESPN analysts drinking Laker Kool-Aid? I've never heard of such......

JamStone
11-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Oklahoma City, New York, maybe Golden State, maybe Sacramento but that's arguable, and that's it.

benefactor
11-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Oklahoma City, New York, maybe Golden State, maybe Sacramento but that's arguable, and that's it.
I would take Capt. Jack over Odom without hesitation.

JamStone
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
I like Stephen Jackson's toughness and physicality. I think Lamar Odom is a better player.

IronMexican
11-11-2008, 08:22 PM
John always kisses ass. He looks like that guy from the Matrix.

eisfeld
11-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Odom is good but not that good. But despite the Grizzlies and maybe the Pacers and Knicks i can't think of any team where he would be the best player. Even the Thunder have Durant and he is better than Odom. Lakers should get rid of him via trade and bring in a versatile PG instead.

Despite that...cudos to the Lakers. They did a nice job of rebuilding and it's not the Gasol trade which made them contenders, a PF like Wilcoy would have done the same.Hopefully the Spurs can make a decent deal happen.

JamStone
11-11-2008, 08:41 PM
The point he was trying to make is the Lakers 4th best player is better than most teams franchise player. In other words, the Lakers are some bad muthafuccas!!!

We understand the point trying to be made. It's a bad point because Odom is not better than most teams' franchise player. Also, Andrew Bynum has yet proven to be the third best player on the team.

I think Odom is better than Durant. But, I also think Danny Granger and Rudy Gay are better than Odom.

Findog
11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I think Durant is better than Odom. I think Kevin Martin is better than Odom. I think Jamal Crawford is better than Odom. And yes, so is Captain Jack. So I don't think he would even be the Man on any of those shit teams.

dallaskd
11-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Randolph.

JordanL
11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Odom is good but not that good. But despite the Grizzlies and maybe the Pacers and Knicks i can't think of any team where he would be the best player. Even the Thunder have Durant and he is better than Odom. Lakers should get rid of him via trade and bring in a versatile PG instead.

Despite that...cudos to the Lakers. They did a nice job of rebuilding and it's not the Gasol trade which made them contenders, a PF like Wilcoy would have done the same.Hopefully the Spurs can make a decent deal happen.

I'd take Granger over Odom on the Pacers.

tlongII
11-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Odom would be a decent bench player for us.

Udokafan05
11-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Ireland is a huge homer. He shouldnt even talk about other teams in the NBA.

Gino
11-11-2008, 11:06 PM

Oklahoma City? I would rather have Durant.

Kevin Martin is probably a better two than Odom is a four.

New York and Golden State maybe.

Odom wouldnt be the second best player on a lot of other teams as well.

JamStone
11-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Oklahoma City? I would rather have Durant.

Kevin Martin is probably a better two than Odom is a four.

New York and Golden State maybe.

Odom wouldnt be the second best player on a lot of other teams as well.

I would rather have Durant as well, but because of his youth and promise. I think Odom is a better player right now.

I would agree that Kevin Martin is a better shooting guard than Odom is a power forward. Without using qualifiers like that, I personally think Odom is better, but I wouldn't fault someone who thought otherwise. I could see Kevin Martin being the better player.

Whatever you feel, that's cool. My point was that there are very few NBA teams that Lamar Odom would be the best player for. I listed four. If you want to say two, that's fine. It's a matter of opinion and I don't disagree vehemently.

Ghazi
11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
I can't actually think of a team where Odom might be the best player.

Thinking fo a few lottery teams:

Grizzlies- Mayo, Gay > Odom
Thunder- Durant > Odom
Kings- Kevin martin
Warriors- Corey Maggette, Stephen Jackson, Monta Ellis
Timberwolves- Miller, Jefferson > Odom

not 1 team really. 2nd best on a few though.

Gino
11-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I would rather have Durant as well, but because of his youth and promise. I think Odom is a better player right now.

I would agree that Kevin Martin is a better shooting guard than Odom is a power forward. Without using qualifiers like that, I personally think Odom is better, but I wouldn't fault someone who thought otherwise. I could see Kevin Martin being the better player.

Whatever you feel, that's cool. My point was that there are very few NBA teams that Lamar Odom would be the best player for. I listed four. If you want to say two, that's fine. It's a matter of opinion and I don't disagree vehemently.

Yeah, I understood. I was just saying even four is a stretch. Twenty is freaking ridiculous.

Boston? LMAO. Third at best
Toronto? Second at best
New Jersey. Carter is better.
New York. Probably
Philly? Second at best
Cleveland? Second at best
Detroit? Probably Third
Indiana? Second.
Milwaukee? Redd is probably better.
Atlanta? Joe Johnson is much better
Miami? Is he better than Marion and Beasley? Second at best
Orlando....probably third.
Charlotte. Maybe
Washington. No. Second at best
Utah? Third at best
Portland? Is Brandon Roy "better" than Odom? Would the lakers not trade Odom for Aldridge or Oden in a heartbeat? Thats a tough one.
Houston? Third at best.
Memphis? I think Mayo is better than Odom. But thats a maybe
Dallas? Dirk, depite his pussiness is better. Howard might be better two. Second at best.
New Orleans? Probably third, at best.
Sacramento? Maybe.
Golden State? Probably.
CLippers? Second
Spurs? He'd probably be fourth
Suns? He'd be third at best.

Id say theres around three teams he'd probably be the best player on. But he's the third best player on the Lakers. This isn't anything THAT new.

Allanon
11-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Nah, not those young players.

Odom can average 10 points as a 4th scoring option. If he was the 1st scoring option with a green light to shoot whatever; he'd get 20 & 10 a night too.

The best thing and worst thing to happen to Odom's career is Kobe. Odom can never take the lead when a guy like Kobe is on the court. Odom's never a #2 guy, put him at #1 or #3 and he's great.

IronMexican
11-11-2008, 11:28 PM
We understand the point trying to be made. It's a bad point because Odom is not better than most teams' franchise player. Also, Andrew Bynum has yet proven to be the third best player on the team.

I think Odom is better than Durant. But, I also think Danny Granger and Rudy Gay are better than Odom.

Ariza is better than Odom, so if Bynum isn't out third, it's ariza/

Gino
11-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Forgot a couple of teams. We already discussed OKC.

Theres also Denver, Detroit and Chicago.

Thanks to Derrick Rose, all three are a "no".

21_Blessings
11-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Ariza is better than Odom, so if Bynum isn't out third, it's ariza/

Word.

And yes, Bynum has proven he's better than Odom. The impact he brings compared to Lamar isn't even debatable. With Bynum anchoring the paint the Lakers are the best defensive team in the NBA.

angelbelow
11-11-2008, 11:37 PM
5 teams is barely arguable but 20?

Obstructed_View
11-11-2008, 11:53 PM
5 teams is barely arguable but 20?

Yeah, seems pretty ridiculous. Everyone knows that Odom's a muttonhead as well, and you wouldn't want him as your number one option. What makes him valuable to the Lakers is that they can benefit from his numbers and almost never have to rely on him in critical situations.

DaDakota
11-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Odom is a nice complimentary piece, but nothing more, he doesn't have the heart of a leader or champion.

He is at best a 2nd option, and best suited as a 3rd or lower option.

DD

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 12:16 AM
He was the best player on the Clippers when he was starting next to Jeff McInnis, Eric Piatkowski and Michael Olowakandi. That effort was good for 31 wins. :tu

manufor3
11-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I understood. I was just saying even four is a stretch. Twenty is freaking ridiculous.

Boston? LMAO. Third at best
Toronto? Second at best
New Jersey. Carter is better.
New York. Probably
Philly? Second at best
Cleveland? Second at best
Detroit? Probably Third
Indiana? Second.
Milwaukee? Redd is probably better.
Atlanta? Joe Johnson is much better
Miami? Is he better than Marion and Beasley? Second at best
Orlando....probably third.
Charlotte. Maybe
Washington. No. Second at best
Utah? Third at best
Portland? Is Brandon Roy "better" than Odom? Would the lakers not trade Odom for Aldridge or Oden in a heartbeat? Thats a tough one.
Houston? Third at best.
Memphis? I think Mayo is better than Odom. But thats a maybe
Dallas? Dirk, depite his pussiness is better. Howard might be better two. Second at best.
New Orleans? Probably third, at best.
Sacramento? Maybe.
Golden State? Probably.
CLippers? Second
Spurs? He'd probably be fourth
Suns? He'd be third at best.

Id say theres around three teams he'd probably be the best player on. But he's the third best player on the Lakers. This isn't anything THAT new.

toronto hed be three cuz of oneal and bosh.

z0sa
11-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I can't name a single team who would want him as their franchise player. His skillset is unique, but his mindset is just ... missing.