PDA

View Full Version : this is how you win games..

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2008, 10:57 PM
DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING!!!..

finally, we see it from the Spurs..

51-40 rebounding edge..

38% shooting allowed against a solid Knicks offense..

we're going to have huge offensive struggles without Tony and Manu, but if our defense is there, we'll be in any game..great sign, hopefully it continues..

EVERYBODY bought into the defense tonight, including Finley..Duncan anchored it like we're accustomed to seeing..Kurt was solid at rotating and down low..Bruce made Crawford take contested long 3's, and was solid for the most part..everybody was rotating..

also, love to see Hill, Udoka and Tolliver getting in for rebounds..

tp2021
11-11-2008, 10:58 PM
+100

Spurs Brazil
11-11-2008, 10:58 PM
First game of the season with see Spurs D

Thomas82
11-11-2008, 11:44 PM
First game of the season with see Spurs D

It's about time!!

wijayas
11-12-2008, 12:22 AM
DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING!!!..

finally, we see it from the Spurs..

51-40 rebounding edge..

38% shooting allowed against a solid Knicks offense..

we're going to have huge offensive struggles without Tony and Manu, but if our defense is there, we'll be in any game..great sign, hopefully it continues..

EVERYBODY bought into the defense tonight, including Finley..Duncan anchored it like we're accustomed to seeing..Kurt was solid at rotating and down low..Bruce made Crawford take contested long 3's, and was solid for the most part..everybody was rotating..

also, love to see Hill, Udoka and Tolliver getting in for rebounds..

Yes. We also need to do a better job containing a 5-foot Nate Robinson from getting 3 offensive rebounds! :bang :bang :bang

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Yes. We also need to do a better job containing a 5-foot Nate Robinson from getting 3 offensive rebounds! :bang :bang :bang

You're joking, right?

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:29 AM
You win games by scoring more than your opponent.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 12:35 AM
You win games by scoring more than your opponent.

You fail by being stupider than everyone else.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:42 AM
You fail by being stupider than everyone else.

Einstein,

I think in sports, the team that has the most points wins... Is that not true?

Song from Jeopardy playing....

You're trapped, now who is stupid?

therefore....

the team who scores the most points wins.....

wow.. what a concept... I can send the short bus for you so you can log the fuk out.

wijayas
11-12-2008, 01:02 AM
You're joking, right?

Nope. The 5-feet Nate snatched 7 rebounds, 4 of which came at the offensive end...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008111124

E20
Well we played D'Antoni's team so I don't know what to make out of this win.

I am going to have to wait until we play the Bucks, they are a team the Spurs have always had trouble with. If Spurs can win this, then things are going swell with the current condition.

lefty
Well we played D'Antoni's team so I don't know what to make out of this win.

I am going to have to wait until we play the Bucks, they are a team the Spurs have always had trouble with. If Spurs can win this, then things are going swell with the current condition.

:lol

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Einstein,

I think in sports, the team that has the most points wins... Is that not true?

Song from Jeopardy playing....

You're trapped, now who is stupid?

therefore....

the team who scores the most points wins.....

wow.. what a concept... I can send the short bus for you so you can log the fuk out.

Please tell me when you posted a weak ass reply to a "defense and rebounding" thread that you were bringing more to the discussion than "the team with the most points wins". Even you wouldn't bring something THAT weak. You aren't actually defending "the team who scores the most points wins" as some sort of insightful take, are you? That's just one step above posting "C A T = CAT" and being proud of yourself.

In addition to "oustcoring your opponent", which clearly implies scoring a lot of points, you also win games by preventing your opponent from scoring more than you. Surely you haven't been a Spurs fan all these years and don't understand common basketball terminology or defense. Are you going to claim you're THAT stupid just to win an argument in a message board thread?

Psst: You're still the stupid one.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Nope. The 5-feet Nate snatched 7 rebounds, 4 of which came at the offensive end...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008111124

I just meant that you weren't really all that upset about something like that when the Spurs held the Knicks 24 points below their average and got a convincing win.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Please tell me when you posted a weak ass reply to a "defense and rebounding" thread that you were bringing more to the discussion than "the team with the most points wins". Even you wouldn't bring something THAT weak. You aren't actually defending "the team who scores the most points wins" as some sort of insightful take, are you? That's just one step above posting "C A T = CAT" and being proud of yourself.

In addition to "oustcoring your opponent", which clearly implies scoring a lot of points, you also win games by preventing your opponent from scoring more than you. Surely you haven't been a Spurs fan all these years and don't understand common basketball terminology or defense. Are you going to claim you're THAT stupid just to win an argument in a message board thread?

Psst: You're still the stupid one.

It has been written... that he who scoes mo points, wins da dam game...

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 01:20 AM
It has been written... that he who scoes mo points, wins da dam game...

You're the king, Kelso. :king

wijayas
11-12-2008, 01:38 AM
I just meant that you weren't really all that upset about something like that when the Spurs held the Knicks 24 points below their average and got a convincing win.

I am not upset with the W. We need to do a better job in rebounding. It is nice to get a W, but remember, it is the Knicks we go against tonight.

It is a progress nonetheless.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 01:59 AM
I am not upset with the W. We need to do a better job in rebounding. It is nice to get a W, but remember, it is the Knicks we go against tonight.

It is a progress nonetheless.

Agreed. They got 52 rebounds, including 13 offensive boards. That's way above even last year's numbers. Holding the Knicks to 10 offensive rebounds, even though 4 were embarassingly to Robinson, is right with where they were last year, and is a huge step up for this year's squad. This ain't Isiah's Knicks either, so holding them to 80 points is noteworthy. It would be a shame if they come out and allow 110 to Milwaukee, but considering the value of wins at this point, it's at least nice to know this team is capable of playing good D and fighting for boards.