PDA

View Full Version : I can't take watching Jacque Vaughn play anymore......

SequSpur
11-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Kori,

I'm sorry, but what I am about to say is the real deal.

Jacque Vaughn FUCKING SUCKS!

HE HAS TO BE THE SHITTIEST POINT GUARD IN THE NBA.

HE IS SO FUCKING PAINFUL TO WATCH MY HEART ALMOST BEATS THRU MY CHEST WHEN I SEE HIM OUT THERE.

I DON'T FUCKING GET IT

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HOW MANY INJURIES A TEAM WOULD HAVE.. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ANY FUCKING COACH WOULD LOOK DOWN HIS ROW OF CHAIRS AND START THIS FUCKING GUY.

I AM FINDING IT HARD TO SUPPORT POPOVICH IN THIS MATTER.

FUCK IN A!

:pctoss

baseline bum
11-11-2008, 11:10 PM
George Hill started

Buddy Holly
11-11-2008, 11:11 PM
1. HE DIDN'T START.

2. HE'S THE BACKUP'S BACKUP.

3. WE HAVE HILL.

4. YOU'RE STILL A MIDGET.

SequSpur
11-11-2008, 11:11 PM
George Hill started

Well good, that's a start. I saw Vaughn shoot 2 bricks and miss 2 back to back layups.

Who gave him the green light? Geezus frickin Kriste.

SequSpur
11-11-2008, 11:12 PM
1. HE DIDN'T START.

2. HE'S THE BACKUP'S BACKUP.

3. WE HAVE HILL.

4. YOU'RE STILL A MIDGET.

smb

jcrod
11-11-2008, 11:13 PM
its very painful, especially when he first came in and tired to be TP.

honestfool84
11-11-2008, 11:19 PM
I can't take your posts anymore.......

we're even.

anakha
11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Too bad.

This was shaping up to be one of Sequ's better rants.

Kori Ellis
11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
So... you didn't watch the game?

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ANY FUCKING COACH WOULD LOOK DOWN HIS ROW OF CHAIRS AND START THIS FUCKING GUY

Whisky Dog
11-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Vaughn is useless. Hill played a very good game and Mason was the PG when the Spurs put the Knicks away. Vaughn and Bonner are trash. I'd rather trade them straight up for a variety pack of Cheetos and get Hairston and some D-League PG on board.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-11-2008, 11:33 PM
It is not fair to vaughn to mention him in the same sentence as Bonner.

Jacque Vaughn has helped us win games before, he keeps mistakes to a minimum, and most important of all he fucking plays with his heart.

Matt Bonner is an abortion of a Spur.

MI21
11-11-2008, 11:33 PM
You think we don't already know this. You are such an annoying fuckwit.

Ice009
11-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Vaughn is useless. Hill played a very good game and Mason was the PG when the Spurs put the Knicks away. Vaughn and Bonner are trash. I'd rather trade them straight up for a variety pack of Cheetos and get Hairston and some D-League PG on board.

A lot of us were saying this in the preseason.

We wanted Vaughn and Bonner cut before the season even began.

A lot of people still wanted to keep them around. I hope those people have changed their minds now about keeping them around ;).

Edit : I'd better mention that I know cutting Bonner is not an option because he has another year left on his contract. Vaughn on the other hand I would cut if it meant getting someone like McDyess.

Obstructed_View
11-11-2008, 11:41 PM
http://www.fivefourteen.net/motivational-posters/fail%2002.jpg

mVp
11-11-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm OK with JV bringing the ball up court, but that's about it... he shouldn't be doing anything else.

Anyway, I'd rather put him in the doghouse and go with the young guns all the way... I think the time is right for that.

AC#21_TD ERA
11-11-2008, 11:47 PM
They say J.V is the ultimate pro :lmao, that he's a good mentor :lmao. What has this guy done in his career? To be listened to you have to earn your respect first, so who would even want to listen to him. J.V is the worst player I’ve ever seen. I can't take it anymore aswell, he serioulsy doesn't even deserve a minute in the D-League. The Spurs should just end this disaster by buying him out and sign up Salim Stoudemire. :hat

SenorSpur
11-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Vaughn best contribution is mentoring George Hill. He's an offensive liability, that much is true. However it's good to have him helping out Hill.

tp2021
11-11-2008, 11:50 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/nancitaf/AttentionWhore.jpg

milkyway21
11-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm OK with JV bringing the ball up court, but that's about it... he shouldn't be doing anything else.

Anyway, I'd rather put him in the doghouse and go with the young guns all the way... I think the time is right for that.I agree with you.

He doesn't have to score. But with his experience, he can play mentor to George Hill. And it seems to be working, we can see how many times Hill went up to him during the game and asked something...I am not asking for a JV trade. Just lesser minutes.

Steve-O-Matic
And yet a lot of you still think there are teams out there who would be willing to trade All-Star-caliber players to us in exchange for Vaughn and a package of 1-2 others very much like him. Amazing.

BOHOLANO#21

Anyway, I'd rather put him in the doghouse and go with the young guns all the way... I think the time is right for that.

yup. i was pissed when he was jacking up shots in a fastbreak as if he can shoot. popovich needs to remind him that he don' have to shoot the ball when he's in the court. shit i think he went 0-5. he should realize other teams leave him open coz he can't shoot. i'll take SHAQ shooting freethrows anytime over vaughn shooting jumpers.

Solid D
Vaughn wasn't very good against the Knicks, but let's face it, Vaughn is with the Spurs for more than playing the 3rd PG. Young George Hill is benefiting from Vaughn's mentoring. The Spurs won by 12, so why complain with red letters? Jacque is not the reason the Spurs are 2-4.

milkyway21
11-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Young George Hill is benefiting from Vaughn's mentoring that's what I am talking about...

Obstructed_View
11-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Gotta admit, it's really nice that the worst thing the dumbass crowd has to bitch about is the third string point guard missing shots.

AC#21_TD ERA
11-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Vaughn best contribution is mentoring George Hill. He's an offensive liability, that much is true. However it's good to have him helping out Hill.

How is he a good mentor? What can J.V tell Hill that can help him for the better? J.V brings nothing to the table. J.V professionalism is all hyped up by Pop. Like what I stated before for someone to take you seriously you would of have to earned your respect first and done something in this league. J.V is nothing but a waste of a roster spot.

tp2021
11-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Like what I stated before for someone to take you seriously you would of have to earned your respect first and done something in this league.
Ahem.

Solid D
11-12-2008, 12:02 AM
that's what I am talking about...

Yep. You can already see Hill making some nice decisions out there, one example would be on ball reversals to move the defense. He did more of that against the Knicks than in his previous games.

weebo
11-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Vaughn wasn't very good against the Knicks, but let's face it, Vaughn is with the Spurs for more than playing the 3rd PG. Young George Hill is benefiting from Vaughn's mentoring. The Spurs won by 12, so why complain with red letters? Jacque is not the reason the Spurs are 2-4.

Well said SolidD. I don't understand all the hate on this board for JV. He won't make or break the Spurs season with his play. He is only in there to spell TP/Hill for a few short stretches during the game. Not only that but he is helping Hill understand the nuances of the game from a true pg perspective--something that I don't think even TP has. I agree that his offensive game is a lot left to be desired, but for a third string pg he is about as important or more so important than any other third string pg in the league right now.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Fuck being a mentor and a role model...

Right now, the Spurs need a player... and no Solid D, I am not blaming him for 2 and 4, but if you're to stupid to realize he doesn't contribute anything to this team during GAMETIME, then you're an absolute idiot.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:06 AM
You think we don't already know this. You are such an annoying fuckwit.

Fuck off.. this is all you got? I am glad that I came in here tonight to hear you of all people call me a name.

Did Dusty run your ass off also?

ass hat.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:08 AM
So... you didn't watch the game?

I did miss the beginning, and he came in early, so yes, I assumed he started, but I did correct myself.

Still.. the point is the same.

Solid D
11-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm trying to be nicer and more patient with you Sequ. I'm thinking it can only help you and provide you with a better example of how to deal with people who struggle to thrive. Sort of an older mentor for you, if you will.

weebo
11-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Fuck being a mentor and a role model...

Right now, the Spurs need a player... and no Solid D, I am not blaming him for 2 and 4, but if you're to stupid to realize he doesn't contribute anything to this team during GAMETIME, then you're an absolute idiot.

He contributes leadership and defense when he is on the floor. He hustles when he is out there. JV has been in the league for a while now so I guess some people in the NBA think he contributes something during GAMETIME.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
I did miss the beginning, and he came in early, so yes, I assumed he started, but I did correct myself.

Still.. the point is the same.

2:21 to go in the first quarter = early.

You're not even making it a challenge at this point.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm trying to be nicer and more patient with you Sequ. I'm thinking it can only help you and provide you with a better example of how to deal with people who struggle to thrive. Sort of an older mentor, if you will.

No dude, I don't need a mentor. I can CLEARLY see what goes on during "GAMETIME" obviously, most of you can't. You all are so enthused, amused and confused with everything else that doesn't matter. You get blinded by anyone that wears black and silver and can't find the light, if you will.

Vaughn sucks. Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Always.

I'm now disappointed by MI21 personal attack on me and his bullshit namecalling. He can suck my balls and choke on them.

I continue to be right, dead on and owning almost everyone here.

Mentor this.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:15 AM
2:21 to go in the first quarter = early.

You're not even making it a challenge at this point.

Thanks stat boy, I stand corrected. Put it this way, if I have to play Jacque Vaughn and it's not a 30 point blowout, then it's early.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2008, 12:15 AM
They say J.V is the ultimate pro :lmao, that he's a good mentor :lmao. What has this guy done in his career? To be listened to you have to earn your respect first, so who would even want to listen to him. J.V is the worst player I’ve ever seen. I can't take it anymore aswell, he serioulsy doesn't even deserve a minute in the D-League. The Spurs should just end this disaster by buying him out and sign up Salim Stoudemire. :hat

You repeat yourself and say this same stuff all the time. But the fact is that you are wrong about this. From top to bottom, everyone on the Spurs roster respects Jacque Vaughn. He is a NBA role player and has been one for a long time. He's professional. He practices hard. He works on defense. He hustles. He limits his mistakes. He doesn't complain. He gets along well with everyone. And he can teach the younger bench guys a lot about what it takes to stick in the league as a bench player. Not everyone is an All-Star or any amazing talent to be valuable to a team. I guarantee you that both Tony and Hill learn from Jacque. And that doesn't mean that he's more talented than either of them.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks stat boy, I stand corrected. Put it this way, if I have to play Jacque Vaughn and it's not a 30 point blowout, then it's early.

He's a third string PG. Unfortunately the Spurs don't have a first string point guard right now. So it is what it is.

SequSpur
He contributes leadership and defense when he is on the floor. He hustles when he is out there. JV has been in the league for a while now so I guess some people in the NBA think he contributes something during GAMETIME.

What?

He played 10 fricking minutes and did NOTHING.

Huh?

milkyway21
Originally Posted by WaahWaahWaah

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ANY FUCKING COACH WOULD LOOK DOWN HIS ROW OF CHAIRS AND START THIS FUCKING GUY

:lmao

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 12:17 AM

Put it this way:

I can't take watching Jacque Vaughn play anymore......
so I just pretend that I did.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:18 AM
You repeat yourself and say this same stuff all the time. But the fact is that you are wrong about this. From top to bottom, everyone on the Spurs roster respects Jacque Vaughn. He is a NBA role player and has been one for a long time. He's professional. He practices hard. He works on defense. He hustles. He limits his mistakes. He doesn't complain. He gets along well with everyone. And he can teach the younger bench guys a lot about what it takes to stick in the league as a bench player. Not everyone is an All-Star or any amazing talent to be valuable to a team. I guarantee you that both Tony and Hill learn from Jacque. And that doesn't mean that he's more talented than either of them.

Kori,

Jacque Vaughn is a "nice" guy. That's it. He is not "valuable" to anyone during "gametime".

If he is to be a coach, then make him one and get someone younger who can contribute during "gametime".

anakha
11-12-2008, 12:19 AM
:corn:

lurker23

:clap Well done. My thoughts exactly, and I couldn't have said it any better.

Solid D
Mentor this.

You do push the envelope of "challenge" when you act out like this.

weebo
11-12-2008, 12:22 AM
What?

He played 10 fricking minutes and did NOTHING.

Huh?

Seriously, can you even make a jump shot or hit the back of the backboard with a ball while standing on a step ladder? For someone who probably can't do both you sure make a lot of noise.

He played 10 minutes...yet you still bitch about it. Get over it.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:24 AM
You do push the envelope of "challenge" when you act out like this.

Keep it to Vaughn and "Gametime"....

I'm sick of your homer takes about the Spurs. I want to talk about the shit that happens when the clock starts and the clock ends and everyone goes home.

Objectivity.

None of this BS, about how Vaughn can mentor anyone.. shit, do you think Duncan actually thinks they have a chance to win a game with him running the point?

He looked him off twice on a pick and roll and he was WIDE open.

Watch the game without a Spurs tshirt on for once, so you can see wtf is going on.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:26 AM
Seriously, can you even make a jump shot or hit the back of the backboard with a ball while standing on a step ladder? For someone who probably can't do both you sure make a lot of noise.

He played 10 minutes...yet you still bitch about it. Get over it.

What does my skills in basketball have to with Jacque Vaughn, the professional basketball player? Shit, if you don't like it then go to a different topic. It's America, you know.

anakha
11-12-2008, 12:26 AM
I want to talk about the shit that happens when the clock starts

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:32 AM
now, I know Anakha is just waiting to see what I say about her dumb ass post. I am going to refrain.

Late.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Keep it to Vaughn and "Gametime"....

I'm sick of your homer takes about the Spurs. I want to talk about the shit that happens when the clock starts and the clock ends and everyone goes home.

Objectivity.

None of this BS, about how Vaughn can mentor anyone.. shit, do you think Duncan actually thinks they have a chance to win a game with him running the point?

He looked him off twice on a pick and roll and he was WIDE open.

Watch the game without a Spurs tshirt on for once, so you can see wtf is going on.

The Spurs have been all but left-for-dead by just about everyone, including you, they come out with a rookie point guard starting, play great defense and hold a team with a 4-2 record 22 odd points under their average and you're STILL starting retarded fucking threads about some minor shit when you clearly couldn't even be bothered to WATCH THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME!

You're an idiot. I suspect that you are aware that you're an idiot and don't care, and that you'd rather be in here having people calling you an idiot than not being in here and not having anyone call you.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
The Spurs have been all but left-for-dead by just about everyone, including you, they come out with a rookie point guard starting, play great defense and hold a team with a 4-2 record 22 odd points under their average and you're STILL starting retarded fucking threads about some minor shit when you clearly couldn't even be bothered to WATCH THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME!

You're an idiot. I suspect that you are aware that you're an idiot and don't care, and that you'd rather be in here having people calling you an idiot than not being in here and not having anyone call you.

yeah, you're right. what does that make you?

anakha
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
now, I know Anakha is just waiting to see what I say about her dumb ass post. I am going to refrain.

Late.

Just pointing out the inconsistency in wanting to talk about what happens during the game when you weren't able to catch all of it.

But if all you want to do is rant, by all means, go ahead.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Just pointing out the inconsistency in wanting to talk about what happens during the game when you weren't able to catch all of it.

But if all you want to do is rant, by all means, go ahead.

anakha... I watched most of the game. I also checked the stats of the game which Vaughn basically tanked.

you're not contributing to anything in this topic, but I do appreciate your input.

I should call you Jacque Vaughn.

Hey.. is Jacque Vaughn better than Anthony Carter? Shit, Pop waived waived him easily....

The Truth #6
11-12-2008, 12:39 AM
There's no reason Hill shouldn't be playing over 40 minutes a night until Tony returns.

anakha
11-12-2008, 12:39 AM
you're not contributing to anything in this topic, but I do appreciate your input.

Oh, you were looking for worthwhile responses to this topic?

To use the analogy, it's kinda hard to fill up a bucket that's full of holes.

jcrod
11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
There's a reason dude only played 10 mins. He's a good mentor, but the less he plays the better. He's good when he trys to run the offense and plays defense, but when he comes out trying to be TP and score its horrible.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 12:44 AM
yeah, you're right. what does that make you?

Tired of stupid asses like you statsturbating all over the message board because you're a lonely drunk little attention whore? Again, it's hard to believe there was a time that you actually gave a shit about basketball and had something informative to say. Now you don't seem to have any more regard for the Spurs than tlong does. You basically provide pollution and comic relief; unfortunately far more of the former than the latter.

At least you're smarter than Poland. The idiot poster, not the country.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:45 AM
There's a reason dude only played 10 mins. He's a good mentor, but the less he plays the better. He's good when he trys to run the offense and plays defense, but when he comes out trying to be TP and score its horrible.

True.. but what the hell is a mentor? Do you think Parker and Hill watch old Kansas tapes of Vaughn in action?

Do you think they watch Vaughn DVDs of repeated clankage all over the floor?

I am really trying to see the light in this mentoring issue.. someone help me out...

Does Vaughn show Parker/Hill where the strip clubs are?

someone explain...

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Tired of stupid asses like you statsturbating all over the message board because you're a lonely drunk little attention whore? Again, it's hard to believe there was a time that you actually gave a shit about basketball and had something informative to say. Now you don't seem to have any more regard for the Spurs than tlong does. You basically provide pollution and comic relief; unfortunately far more of the former than the latter.

oh really?

I rag on all of the Spurs? or am I so fucking objective and right, that you can't take it?

All you can come up with is some mentoring bullshit for a player that really sucks. Dude, you have no argument in this matter. You are arguing with me about Vaughn. :lmao

I love the Spurs so much, that it's so painful to see a spot that someone else could take. Mentors belong on the sidelines in suits.

Punkkboy44
11-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Vaughn almost got 1 quarter of pt...0-5 from the field..AWESOME STATS..BENCH THIS MOTHERF*CKER 4ever!!!

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 12:50 AM
True.. but what the hell is a mentor? Do you think Parker and Hill watch old Kansas tapes of Vaughn in action?

I am really trying to see the light in this mentoring issue.. someone help me out...

someone explain...

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 12:54 AM
or am I so fucking objective and right, that you can't take it?
Okay, maybe I was wrong. Maybe you aren't smarter than Poland...

All you can come up with is some mentoring bullshit for a player that really sucks. Dude, you have no argument in this matter. You are arguing with me about Vaughn. :lmao
Actually, all I've done in this thread is point out the factual errors you've made in your idiotic ranting attention-whoring post. I don't think I've said anything about Vaughn aside from "what do you expect" and "why do you care so much", but I'm sure the word "mentor" was not typed by me until seven words back.

I love the Spurs so much, that it's so painful to see a spot that someone else could take. Mentors belong on the sidelines in suits.
You love the Spurs so much that you don't even bother mentioning a good win and a turnaround performance, you'd rather harp on the third string point guard and make shit up in order to do it when you didn't even watch? Please.

lurker23
11-12-2008, 12:56 AM

someone explain...

There's more to basketball than having a good jumpshot. There's poise, patience, maturity, decision-making, confidence, respect for your teammates and your opponents, professionalism, and hard work. There's learning how to not get too depressed when you have a bad game or too cocky when you have a good game. Over the years, there have been hundreds of players with more talent than Jacque Vaughn (or even George Hill and Tony Parker combined) who have flamed out of the league very quickly because they didn't value these intangibles. After having been in the league 11+ years, these are the things that Vaughn can teach to the youngsters, both on and off the court.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 01:02 AM
There's more to basketball than having a good jumpshot. There's poise, patience, maturity, decision-making, confidence, respect for your teammates and your opponents, professionalism, and hard work. There's learning how to not get too depressed when you have a bad game or too cocky when you have a good game. Over the years, there have been hundreds of players with more talent than Jacque Vaughn (or even George Hill and Tony Parker combined) who have flamed out of the league very quickly because they didn't value these intangibles. After having been in the league 11+ years, these are the things that Vaughn can teach to the youngsters, both on and off the court.

I respect that.

but....

Vaughn was already dead as far as his NBA career was concerned... The Spurs saved him

Why? I have no idea, because he is not a very good "skilled" guard. He can't shoot, he's slow, he is not a good defender, he makes POOR decisions. He did it tonight.. 4 straight possessions... He was finally yanked...

He is worse than Bonner. Bonner is what he is, he is a one trick pony who isn't good at the one trick.

Vaughn displays this leadership, mentorship quality that is intriguing but doesn't mean shit during "gametime".

The Spurs need to move on.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Okay, maybe I was wrong. Maybe you aren't smarter than Poland...

Actually, all I've done in this thread is point out the factual errors you've made in your idiotic ranting attention-whoring post. I don't think I've said anything about Vaughn aside from "what do you expect" and "why do you care so much", but I'm sure the word "mentor" was not typed by me until seven words back.

You love the Spurs so much that you don't even bother mentioning a good win and a turnaround performance, you'd rather harp on the third string point guard and make shit up in order to do it when you didn't even watch? Please.

yeah man, you win.. lol

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 01:14 AM

someone explain...

timvp
11-12-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm trying to be nicer and more patient with you Sequ. I'm thinking it can only help you and provide you with a better example of how to deal with people who struggle to thrive. Sort of an older mentor for you, if you will.

:rollin

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 01:22 AM
:rollin

:flipoff

:bang

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 01:24 AM
nah.. on a serious not, before I go to bed....

Jacque Vaughn really needs to give it up.

tp2021
11-12-2008, 01:27 AM
nah.. on a serious NOT, before I go to bed....

http://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/Borat_This_Shirt_Is_Black_Gray_Shirt.jpg

timvp
11-12-2008, 01:27 AM
before I go to bed....

TMI.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Ah, that finally explains the hostility...

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 01:41 AM
as well as the thread title.

milkyway21
11-12-2008, 01:43 AM
JV just to assert too much where he sometimes go in between big men trying to score-that what makes me cringe sometimes. Most of the times he just ends up on the floor. He's not on this team to score.

if he wants to shoot and he gets open looks why not try to shoot jumpshots?

z0sa
11-12-2008, 01:48 AM
jacque vaughn is the worst player in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 02:02 AM

He's not even the worst player on his own team.

z0sa
11-12-2008, 02:07 AM
He's not even the worst player on his own team.

Besides let me guess Bonner? get some new material.

My post was a parody of "Tony Parker is the best player in the NBA," anyway (and is equally as meaningful).

z0sa
11-12-2008, 02:11 AM
And all the hard work in the world doesn't make up for zero talent, slow reflexes, and an unathletic body. George Hill looks like he should be mentoring Jacque :lol

AC#21_TD ERA
11-12-2008, 02:32 AM

The fact is I’m right about this one. All J.V has done is warm the bench for his entire career and when called upon he comes out and collects the garbage. If he did something decent throughout his career then I wouldn’t be repeating myself by calling him out all the time. J.V says he learnt from Jason Kidd no wonder why he doesn’t have a jump shot.

If J.V was a proven player on the decline and his role was now to be a mentor then he deserves a roster spot but the fact are he has none of those qualifications. He doesn’t deserve to be with a team like the Spurs, he deserves to be with a lottery team. If the spurs are smart they would buy him out and sign someone that is a threat to the opposition and that actually contributes when they’re on the floor.

I do agree that he’s a hard worker but that doesn’t mean that he keeps his roster spot. J.V is a liability, players sag off him because they know he can’t even throw the ball in the ocean. He’s also an over rated defender. Vaughn is Duncan’s own enemy on the court, he doesn’t help T.D by stretching the floor and T.D attracts more double teams as a result. It’s time he packed his bags and took his ball and went home. It would be the best for the Spurs, Hill can be mentored by Parker. Tony Parker is at least someone that has developed a reputation and as a result he is appreciated by the rest of league.

jcrod
11-12-2008, 03:35 AM

someone explain...

He has the knowledge, just not the skill to pull it off.

jcrod
11-12-2008, 03:36 AM
TMI.

:lol

Tully365
11-12-2008, 03:40 AM
Now that SequSpur realizes that he was dead wrong about the Free agency signing of Roger Mason and the drafting of George Hill, he has to go to Plan B: criticize the 11th man, who makes a very modest salary and is mostly there for insurance reasons.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2008, 03:47 AM

You are still rambling about JV's lack of skills. No one thinks that he is an overly skilled player. The point is that fact doesn't make him a bad mentor. No one says they want him to teach anyone how to shoot or run fast. Maybe you are just confused what a mentor is. Yet you are the guy that repeatedly called Manu a "cunt", so I'm not sure that I should try to reason with you.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 08:53 AM

:tu

Sequ of the corn
11-12-2008, 09:10 AM
JV has bad games just like sequ has bad threads.

hillscountry
11-12-2008, 09:14 AM
What good would the guys who maintain the orange paint on the rims. We're losing too many jobs in this economy.

Bender
11-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I remember something my mom used to say to me when I was growing up,

Those who can't do, teach...

z0sa
11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I remember something my mom used to say to me when I was growing up,

Those who can't do, teach...

How do you teach something you can't, never could, and never will be able to do?

Hill honestly looks better in the system right now than Vaughn ever has. A defensive lapse here or there is just going to happen with a freshly drafted rookie at the start of the season in the most defense-oriented system in the NBA.

Bender
11-12-2008, 11:36 AM
It's a famous saying, has been around forever. Maybe those that aren't too old yet never heard it...
I've been around for longer than lots of you.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/09/12/044952.php

z0sa
11-12-2008, 11:58 AM
It's a famous saying, has been around forever. Maybe those that aren't too old yet never heard it...
I've been around for longer than lots of you.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/09/12/044952.php

In order to be able to teach something, don't you have to be able to do it first? This is especially true of a sport, where the body's ability must be contrasted with the mind's.

Bender
11-12-2008, 12:07 PM
It's still a famous old saying.

JV knows all about what PGs are supposed to do, and about basketball in general. Just because he himself is not overflowing with talent like Tony Parker - doesn't have anything to do if he can be a good teacher (coach).

Brazil
11-12-2008, 01:03 PM
More painful to watch than JV = Bonner

Brazil
11-12-2008, 01:04 PM
It's still a famous old saying.

JV knows all about what PGs are supposed to do, and about basketball in general. Just because he himself is not overflowing with talent like Tony Parker - doesn't have anything to do if he can be a good teacher (coach).

I agree, so use him as assistant coach !

kace
11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
JV isn't a good player. that's for sure.
JV being a mentor is a real joke. He's for sure a good guy who doesn't hurt the team chemistry and accept his role, but i'm pretty sure he never learnt TP anything noteworthy.

The only question is: is he good enough to be our third PG knowing that if he was better, he would interest some other teams for being their 2nd PG ?
Seems hard to have a good player at a low salary for third PG.

AC#21_TD ERA
11-12-2008, 07:28 PM
You are still rambling about JV's lack of skills. No one thinks that he is an overly skilled player. The point is that fact doesn't make him a bad mentor. No one says they want him to teach anyone how to shoot or run fast. Maybe you are just confused what a mentor is. Yet you are the guy that repeatedly called Manu a "cunt", so I'm not sure that I should try to reason with you.

All I’m saying is to be a successful mentor one would think that you would of had a successful NBA career. If I was in G.Hill shoes and Vaughn tried to mentor me I’ll laugh in his face but if it was someone like Steve Kerr then I’ll pay attention to what he has to say because this guy has been there done that. Unlike Vaughn who is a bench warming garbage man.

SequSpur
11-12-2008, 10:30 PM
How do you teach something you can't, never could, and never will be able to do?

Hill honestly looks better in the system right now than Vaughn ever has. A defensive lapse here or there is just going to happen with a freshly drafted rookie at the start of the season in the most defense-oriented system in the NBA.

Yeah, wtf is Vaughn gonna teach Parker?

Parker has been using players like him since he was in diapers.

MannyIsGod
11-12-2008, 11:28 PM
God I cringe everytime comes into the game now. Just cringe.

homer
11-13-2008, 02:24 AM
I agree with you.

He doesn't have to score. But with his experience, he can play mentor to George Hill. And it seems to be working, we can see how many times Hill went up to him during the game and asked something...I am not asking for a JV trade. Just lesser minutes.

Why would you want someone with no game to mentor Hill or anyone else?
IMO JV shouldn't even be in the NBA. He ,maybe, could play in D-league. He definately should not teach anything to Hill. Pop should keep them seperated at all times. JV brings nothing positive to the table. Get rid of him now before Hill picks up something totally useless from him. That's like asking Bush to mentor Obama. You'll just get more Bush. Sorry, didn't mean to get political, but it's the best example I could come up with for the moment.

SequSpur
11-16-2008, 11:28 PM
I thought he was waived for the new Jewish guy?

MannyIsGod
11-16-2008, 11:31 PM
I'll give JV props for one night. He played pretty damn well tonight.

z0sa
11-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I will eat crow on Vaughn a bit here, but it WAS against the worse D I've ever seen ...

my2sons
11-17-2008, 12:22 AM
I will eat crow on Vaughn a bit here, but it WAS against the worse D I've ever seen ...

According to just about everyone on this site there is no talent that jv is better than, so it should not matter how bad the d was on the opposing side

mystargtr34
11-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Lets all step back and have a bit of perspective, who was he abusing on the way to those 3 point plays and lay ups.

NewJerSpur
11-17-2008, 01:39 AM
I don't think it's just about the personnel assigned to Jacque Vaughn that made the difference as much as it was the way the Sacramento defended him. Actually most teams usually sag off of JV and double Tim because they aren't leery of Jacque's offense and figure he's automatically going to pick up his dribble and attempt to feed TD the ball in the post regardless. Vaughn has been taking advantage more of his opportunities as of late to exploit the clear path he is given to/around the basket as a result of this early doubling on the post and tonight it definitely paid off with a few key and-1 buckets to keep San Antonio in the game when the Kings were trying to build on their lead. Props to him for recognizing the situation and acting on it.