PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' life Without Parker

duncan228
11-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Spurs' life without Parker (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_life_without_Parker.html)
Express-News

The Spurs played their first game without Tony Parker on Tuesday, but it won’t be their last. Here’s a look at the Spurs’ schedule the next four weeks, the length of time Parker is expected to miss with a left ankle injury.

Today at Bucks: Tough turnaround after facing running team night before.

Friday vs. Rockets: Unlike Spurs’ Big Three, Rockets’ Big Three are all healthy.

Sunday at Kings: Catching them at right time — Kevin Martin just got hurt.

Monday at Clippers: No time to rest — Clippers now have Baron Davis and Marcus Camby.

Nov. 19 vs. Nuggets: Spurs don’t have Parker, but Denver has Chauncey Billups.

Nov. 21 vs. Jazz: Utah went 5-1 without Deron Williams, who made debut Tuesday.

Nov. 24 at Grizzlies: Memphis boasts Rudy Gay and a perfect record at home.

Nov. 26 vs. Bulls: Fans miss out on chance to see top pick Derrick Rose face Parker.

Nov. 28 vs. Grizzlies: Memphis is only 1-5 on road this season.

Nov. 29 at Rockets: No time to rest before facing Ron Artest, Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady.

Dec. 2 at Warriors: Golden State’s Monta Ellis out at least another month.

Dec. 3 at Nuggets: Altitude won’t be fun after playing previous night.

tp2021
11-12-2008, 01:39 AM
Nuggets, Grizzlies, Rockets all twice.
Could be a good thing if we learn our lesson in the first game and apply it to the second go-round.

xtremesteven33
11-12-2008, 01:44 AM
Pretty fair of a schedule. I think this team can pull an upset on the Rockets if they dont take us seriously enough.

tomtom
11-12-2008, 02:00 AM
bucks should be automatic with redd out i hope.

timtonymanu
11-12-2008, 02:05 AM
looking forward to that rockets game. i wonder who will play better between Finley and Barry.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 02:06 AM
If the Spurs play D like they did tonight they have a chance in every game. That's good enough for me.

Manufan909
11-12-2008, 02:11 AM
If the Spurs play D like they did tonight they have a chance in every game. That's good enough for me.

Damn, be me to it. I was about to say, this is going to make everyone edit their posts in the next 15 thread. I'll stick with my realistic 9-6.:hat

mVp
11-12-2008, 02:15 AM
One step at a time... they did good tonight, especially on D, hopefully they keep this up.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Damn, be me to it. I was about to say, this is going to make everyone edit their posts in the next 15 thread. I'll stick with my realistic 9-6.:hat

Yeah, they've got to do it two games in a row before I'll believe it though. The same crew that's capable of tonight is also capable of allowing 18 in a row to Miami or allowing Portland to get about a million offensive boards.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2008, 02:26 AM
yup..the Bucks game is key here, just to show us if it was a fluke or something we'll be seeing more of..

angelbelow
11-12-2008, 02:34 AM
not too tough of a schedule, so thats good.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 02:39 AM
NEVER count the Bucks out against SA. :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2008, 02:46 AM
definitely, but Redd being out is big..

I like Bruce and Ime matching up with Jefferson..Bruce forced Crawford into a lot of tough shots tonight, and Jamal is much quicker and more skilled than any of the players Milwaukee will be putting out tomorrow..

Sessions looks solid so far, but I believe Hill can play him well defensively, just like he has done against every other PG he has faced so far..

Villanueva is a 100% streaky player, so we'll have to hope his shot is off..since he plays for Milwaukee and it's against us, his shot will probably be on though..