PDA

View Full Version : Best New Nickname for the Mavericks?

monosylab1k
11-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Okay, we all realize that Allas Mavericks is so friggin pathetic and played out. That crap got old in like 2003. But apparently Spurs fans and Rocket fans aren't clever enough to come up with a better pejorative for the Mavs. So as a Mav fan and friend of SpursTalk, I have a few suggestions.

Vote on which one you like best, and that will replace the retarded "Allas Mavericks" nickname as the Official Insulting Nickname for the Mavericks.

The candidates are:

The Dallas Moral Victories - because "we tried really hard" is the only kind of victory the Mavericks are good at getting nowadays.

The Forty Minute Mavs - because the Mavs are great at playing 40 minutes of solid basketball in a 48 minute long game.

The Choking Vaginas - I'm guessing this one will win.

anakha
11-12-2008, 02:06 AM
What, no food references? Weak.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 02:35 AM
The Forty Minute Mavs - because the Mavs are great at playing 40 minutes of solid basketball.

Dallas University Mavericks?

mVp
11-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Choking Vaginas FTW!!

angelbelow
11-12-2008, 02:43 AM
Dallas Moral Victories is the best one!

Ghazi
11-12-2008, 02:53 AM
You're a troll if I ever saw one.

z0sa
11-12-2008, 03:01 AM
:lmao this thread is win.

m33p0
11-12-2008, 03:34 AM
The Dallas Blows.

Indazone
11-12-2008, 04:51 AM
Pussies

hater
11-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Dallas he-bitches

monosylab1k
11-12-2008, 09:34 AM
You're a troll if I ever saw one.

Keep waving your pom poms like a blind homer. I see the reality. The reality is that this team sucks, and the sooner it gets blown up, the sooner we can see the team be rebuilt.

I can understand why you're in denial, you probably started rooting for the Mavs in 2001 so you think they're always supposed to be a great team. Don't worry, you can lose interest in the team while they rebuild, and start rooting for them when they get good again.

sribb43
11-12-2008, 09:38 AM
If I was able to survive the 90's mavs i think i can survive another rebuild...nothing will match those awful teams of the 90's. Get it started so that are return to the top will happen sooner

hater
11-12-2008, 10:40 AM
"the top" ??

DaDakota
11-12-2008, 11:05 AM
The never-wuzz

DD

Many PackYao
11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
you forgot the Dull-ass Mavpricks.:p:

gaKNOW!blee
11-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Atleast the Allas Mavs are clever....those other ones just are the most obvious ones you can think of.

You fuckin suck, just like your shitty team.

monosylab1k
11-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Atleast the Allas Mavs are clever

Allas Mavs was clever in 2001. If you use it in 2008 you're basically telling the world you're a douchebag with no wit or originality whatsoever. Cast a vote or get the fuck out of my thread.

Ghazi
11-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Allas Mavs was clever in 2001. If you use it in 2008 you're basically telling the world you're a douchebag with no wit or originality whatsoever. Cast a vote or get the fuck out of my thread.

I'm not in denial, I'm aware that the mavs are not good this year. But, it's certainly annoying as hell when a so called "Mavs fan" constantly starts threads on a Spurs board reminding us about something we can see with our own eyes.

we had 8 straight playoff years, we'll probably make the playoffs this year... perhaps we peaked a few years ago and now are in decline... it happens with every team in the league. Some rebuild quicker than others, but every team has to eventually rebuild.

ElNono
11-12-2008, 03:27 PM
The Dallas Grizzlies should have been an option...

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I feel the listed options are too limited. I vote for The Dallas Have-no-dicks.

Gino
11-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I feel the listed options are too limited. I vote for The Dallas Have-no-dicks.

:lol The potential list could pretty much be endless.

Findog
11-12-2008, 07:08 PM
:lol The potential list could pretty much be endless.

Look, it's Gino! Spurstalk's resident Tough Guy:

http://www.cancervic.org.au/images/content/sexuality_and_cancer/vulva.gif

This motherfucker will fuck you up!

sook
11-12-2008, 07:20 PM
stop running around in circles, the mavs are drastically under achieving, knowing the coach that carlisle is, you guys will have everything down by the all star break

Findog
11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
stop running around in circles, the mavs are drastically under achieving, knowing the coach that carlisle is, you guys will have everything down by the all star break

I honestly don't think so. I don't think the talent is what it was when we went to the Finals and then won 67 games. Jerry Stackhouse was a key member of the rotation back then. Today, his legs are gone and he's useless. Diop emerged as a homeless man's Bill Russell with his agility and quickness and shot-blocking ability. He's never improved on that, in fact he's regressed. Twelve to eighteen months ago we were talking about Josh Howard as an All Star. Is he even better than Lamar Odom at this point with the way he's regressed? Jason Terry hasn't shot the ball like he has in the past and it seems his game has suffered since the beginning of last season without having a set, defined role. He was the starting PG until Devin emerged, then he was the starting two-guard. Now he's in and out of the starting lineup because Avery and now The Rick can't decide on what to do at SG. I think it's caused his game to suffer.

Devin Harris and his ability to penetrate and get to the rim has been replaced by Kidd and his inability to keep defenses honest in half-court sets. Kidd has actually not been the problem so far this season, he's been about as good as you could hope for given his advanced age and inability to keep up with the faster guards like CP3, Parker, Devin, TJ Ford, Barbosa, etc.

Dirk is still a top-ten player, but the supporting cast around him is not what it was. I used to think that the problem was that we were missing one final player to put us over the top, like Rasheed going to the Pistons in 04. Without Sheed, the Pistons were barely a 50-win team destined to lose in the second round. With him, they went all the way. I didn't come into this season thinking we were as good as Boston, LA, Utah or New Orleans, but I thought the drop off wasn't that severe, and we were only missing one player in a salary dump come February. I guess the analogy is that you're making a pizza and you're just missing that one final topping to go from a good pizza to a great pizza. I don't think that is the case anymore, they need to bake something else, so to speak.

dallaskd
11-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Forty minute mavs rolls off the tongue. :tu

clambake
11-12-2008, 09:25 PM
The Dallas Doilies

Roxsfan
11-12-2008, 10:00 PM
What, no food references? Weak.

u mean vagina is not food:wow:bang