PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies have more talent than Blazers

Kamnik
11-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I just watched the Grizzlies-Suns game.

OJ Mayo is a crazy good player... unbelivable what he was doing in the fourth quarter. Suns couldnt do anything to stop him; basically refs gave Suns the game. All decisions in last 2 minutes went against the grizzlies.

Marc Gasol is as skilled as a 7-1 center can be. He defends, rebounds, passes and a great offensive skill set.

And all that not counting Gay and Conley.

I can not believe to say this, but Grizzlies might be worth watching at last! :toast

Portland has some great players but Mayo is probably more talented than anyone over there.

dirk4mvp
11-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Yep

Gay > Roy

angelbelow
11-12-2008, 04:07 PM
i really like rudy gay's game, hes one of my favorite players. but lets just say i wont be buying his jersey.

IronMexican
11-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Yep

Gay > Roy

I've said that before. Gay is gonna be a superstar. All they need is for Conley, Critt, or Lowry to develop.

Allanon
11-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Rudy Gay is probably the best small forward in the game right now...well aside from LeBron but even Cleveland's not sure if he is a PF or SF.

The Grizzlies aren't as young talented as Portland but they're #2 in young talent.

With the Gay Mayo spread, and Gasol in the middle, Grizz are a playoff contender.

tlongII
11-12-2008, 05:27 PM
They have talent, but....

Roy > Mayo
Aldridge > Gay
Oden > Gasol

Allanon
11-12-2008, 05:31 PM

Roy > Mayo
Aldridge > Gay
Oden > Gasol

I wouldn't be too sure of that:

Roy > Mayo ... Roy doesn't have the fire to become the Superstar that Mayo can be. Roy is still better for now but Mayo can be a superstar
Aldridge < Gay ... Aldridge is extremely talented but lacks fire
Oden > Gasol ... Oden seems to have the fire but not the health. But I still think he'll be great.

Mad_Hatter
11-12-2008, 05:33 PM

Roy > Mayo
Aldridge > Gay
Oden > Gasol

oh lord talk about homerism.
ill give you roy and aldridge but at least Gasol has done something to contribute to his team.

IronMexican
11-12-2008, 05:33 PM

Roy > Mayo
Aldridge > Gay
Oden > Gasol

You can't compare a PF and an SF. Gay>Roy, and as far as upside Mayo>Roy but yeah, Oden is better than Gasol.

JamStone
11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Rudy Gay is probably the best small forward in the game right now...well aside from LeBron but even Cleveland's not sure if he is a PF or SF.

That's like saying the Lakers don't know if Kobe is a shooting guard or small forward since they have played him at the three in some small ball line-ups.

LeBron is a small forward. He plays small forward over 80% of the time. This is the first year he's played any significant minutes at the 4. And, that's only because so many teams are experimenting with small ball line-ups, and Mike Brown is doing the same.

Allanon
11-12-2008, 05:36 PM
That's like saying the Lakers don't know if Kobe is a shooting guard or small forward since they have played him at the three in some small ball line-ups.

LeBron is a small forward. He plays small forward over 80% of the time. This is the first year he's played any significant minutes at the 4. And, that's only because so many teams are experimenting with small ball line-ups, and Mike Brown is doing the same.

It was a joke :D

manufor3
11-12-2008, 05:40 PM

Roy > Mayo
Aldridge > Gay
Oden > Gasol

gasol is a beast. oden is fragile

JamStone
11-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Right now, there isn't any argument that Oden is better than Marc Gasol. There's an argument that he's more athletic, but not better.

OJ Mayo might be the best scoring guard to come into the league in some time. He doesn't have Roy's defense, but OJ actually defends pretty well. OJ is a better shooter and is the more prolific scorer in general. It will be interesting to make the comparison after the season once we've had a full season of seeing Mayo in the NBA.

Kamnik
11-12-2008, 06:14 PM

Gay needs to seriously upgrade his shooting % before that statement makes even little sence. :toast

Allanon
11-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Gay needs to seriously upgrade his shooting % before that statement makes even little sence. :toast

I think the better question, is aside from LeBron, who is a better small forward than Rudy Gay?

koriwhat
11-12-2008, 06:21 PM
There's an argument that he's more athletic

how so? i mean hasn't he only played 1 game in this league? athletic would suggest he's out there on the floor more then a few measly quarters contributing more to the game then to the bench and his closet looking for a suit to wear every game.

Mad_Hatter
11-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I think the better question, is aside from LeBron, who is a better small forward than Rudy Gay?

Caron Butler maybe Pierce but i hate Pierce. Melo too but depends.

Kai
11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
I'd probably take Pierce and Artest over Gay. It's close though. Offensively, Gay all the way.

Edit: I'd take Mello too.

JamStone
11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
how so? i mean hasn't he only played 1 game in this league? athletic would suggest he's out there on the floor more then a few measly quarters contributing more to the game then to the bench and his closet looking for a suit to wear every game.

Being injury prone doesn't mean he's not very athletic, and being athletic doesn't mean he's not injury prone. Should those injuries end up directly affect his athleticism, then that's a different story.

dirk4mvp
11-12-2008, 07:19 PM
As it stands now, Gasol > Oden since he's contributed something.

JordanL
11-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe they should win some games then.

tlongII
11-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Maybe they should win some games then.

No shit! :lol