PDA

View Full Version : Who would you cut or trade from your team to pickup McDyess

Indazone
11-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Assuming that McDyess entertains serious offers for his services, which guys are you willing to cut from your respective teams to make room for him.

Rockets - We need Deke and McDyess and for that I'm willing to part with
Head, Wafer, Dorsey, and maybe Hayes . I still think Franchise can play.

Allanon
11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Lakers have 1 roster spot open.

IronMexican
11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Luke.

angelbelow
11-12-2008, 05:50 PM
wow lets see, farmer, bonner, vaughn appear at the top. questionable but would probably do finley, bruce, tolliver.

Mad Bonner
11-12-2008, 05:54 PM
wow lets see, farmer, bonner, vaughn appear at the top. questionable but would probably do finley, bruce, tolliver.

SHIT!!! I was waiting for one of you ass pirates to throw me in there. Get the fukk off my jock!

baseline bum
11-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Let me get this correct... you're willing to give Head to get McDyess?

I. Hustle
11-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Let me get this correct... you're willing to give Head to get McDyess?

:lol

Kai
11-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Assuming that McDyess entertains serious offers for his services, which guys are you willing to cut from your respective teams to make room for him.

No way in hell we give up Chuck Hayes. He's one of the most underrated players in the league. What basis do you have when you say you think Stevie can play?

According to Richard Justice from the Chronicle, the Rockets are looking at him:

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustic...ts_pusuing.html

Rockets would like to sign McDyess, Mutombo

The Rockets increasingly are worried about Tracy McGrady's sore knee and how much it's limiting him. Unless McGrady is close to full speed, the Rockets are going to have a tough time making anything out of this season of such high expectations.

There's concern about Yao Ming. He, too, is having a hard time putting together a stretch of good games since his injury last season. Funny how things work out sometimes.

GM Daryl Morey does a terrific job surrounding his stars with a great supporting cast, but if the stars don't play like starts, there's going to be trouble in river city.

Meanwhile, Morey is attempting to clear enough cap room to add both Dikembe Mutombo and Antonio McDyess. That may mean trading Luther Head and possibly Steve Francis, who hasn't even begun to practice.

Mutombo seems willing to wait for the Rockets to have the ability to sign him. He's comfortable with this group of guys and wants to finish his career here. However, the clock is ticking. He'll have other options.

Indazone
11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't trade Francis until I could see what he's got. If that means giving him more time, then so be it. If he plays like Mike James of last year, he's an expiring contract and you can trade him. Or just wait and he just comes off the books, either way it's a plus. I think he deserves at least a good a shot as we let Bob Sura have when he tried to come back with a back injury.

As for Mad Bonner, check out his posts...is that the real Matt Bonner giving the rest of the board crap about trading him? :toast

Indazone
11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
By the way Richard Justice doesn't know crap. That minor trade move by the Rockets for Artest completely caught him off guard. What does that homo know?

Kai
11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
By the way Richard Justice doesn't know crap. That minor trade move by the Rockets for Artest completely caught him off guard. What does that homo know?

Agreed, Justice is a buffoon.

Indazone
11-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I thought Luke Walton was supposed to be good.

Indazone
11-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Getting McDyess still doesn't address the glaring hole the Rockets have at PG. Trading Francis away right now does not make sense. You would want to wait to see what you have when he's fully recovered. One could make the case that you could package Alston, and any combination of the following Head, Von Wafer, and Dorsey for McDyess too and get another PG either directly with the Nuggets or involve a third team to make it work.

Tmac&Luther
11-12-2008, 07:22 PM

Uh, no we don't.......especially not with giving up that many players.......Hayes isn't going anywhere either, that guy is so undervalued by Rocket fans it's kinda sad.

What the heck does McDyess bring to this team that we don't have already........nothing. I mean what's the difference between McDyess and somebody like Carl Landry

McDyess...
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/antonio_mcdyess/index.html

Landry...
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/carl_landry/index.html

He's just another undersized 4 who doesn't bring anything new to the team and it'll just be a pointless move.

What Houston needs is another big and by big I mean a backup center or a combo C/F that's atleast a true 6'10 and has size.

sook
11-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Uh, no we don't.......especially not with giving up that many players.......Hayes isn't going anywhere either, that guy is so undervalued by Rocket fans it's kinda sad.

What the heck does McDyess bring to this team that we don't have already........nothing. I mean what's the difference between McDyess and somebody like Carl Landry

McDyess...
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/antonio_mcdyess/index.html

Landry...
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/carl_landry/index.html

He's just another undersized 4 who doesn't bring anything new to the team and it'll just be a pointless trade.

What Houston needs is another big and by big I mean a backup center or a combo C/F that's atleast 6'10 and has size.
back up center, Yao is playinglike pure shit

Indazone
11-12-2008, 07:38 PM
For the Mav's it's easy..dump Bass or Howard for McDyess lol

Indazone
11-12-2008, 07:39 PM
SHIT!!! I was waiting for one of you ass pirates to throw me in there. Get the fukk off my jock!

Hi Red Rocket! LOL

angelbelow
11-12-2008, 08:04 PM

you do know that this is a buisness right? comon man you appear to be a smart guy, valedictorian of your high school right?

turiaf for president
11-12-2008, 08:10 PM
lakers are carrying 14. they can sign dice without cutting anyone

jack sommerset
11-12-2008, 08:11 PM
He is going back to the Pistons, thats his best shot for a title but it would be very cool if the Celtics snatched him up. Lakers,Rockets have no room for him. Hornets could use him. Like most of these deals,trades he is going back to the team that dealt him.

What I mean by no room for him he would not get much playing time if any at all.

turiaf for president
11-12-2008, 08:15 PM
pistons are the fav to get him back

Thunder Dan
11-13-2008, 10:05 AM
the Cavs could give their MLE, and give him more $$ than Detroit or Boston

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-13-2008, 10:05 AM
McDyess, oh wait