PDA

View Full Version : Spurs at fault for West loss

LakerGod
02-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah, your coach just doesn't care about winning, not even an exhibition game, fisrt all-star game as a coach resulted in embarrassment for the Spurs organization.

Yao, Garnett and Duncan sitting the entire 4th quarter??

ALVAREZ6
02-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah, your coach just doesn't care about winning, not even an exhibition game, fisrt all-star game as a coach resulted in embarrassment for the Spurs organization.

Because every Spurs fan is embarassed, I mean I'm a Spurs fan and I feel terrible, I really do!!

Smart ass, Pop didn't want to risk Duncan.

King
02-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Shhh.

san antonio spurs
02-20-2005, 11:53 PM

well u don't need anybody to embarrass you since u pretty good at it urself.
________
LAXPATIENTREMEDIES.COM (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

Supergirl
02-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Pop certainly wouldn't overplay Duncan (or Manu) - he wants him well rested for the games that count.

East won because Shaq is way better than the voted-on starting C in the West, and Amare was apparently shellshocked by being there to play his game.

AI won MVP again. Amazing. Good for him. He excels at things like the ASG. So does Kobe. Unfortunately, it doesn't translate into being able to lead a team to greatness, which is Duncan's ability. I'll take Duncan's ability for MY team, anyday.

GoSpurs21
02-21-2005, 12:05 AM

Yao, Garnett and Duncan sitting the entire 4th quarter??try t-mac, dirk, amare and rashard shooting 4-13, 4-10, 3-11 and 1-7 that cost the west the game MORON. I'm sure the western conference coaches are glad that Pop didnt get anyone injured or too many minutes. Why dont you go back to masterbating to E!'s wild on jackass.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Because every Spurs fan is embarassed, I mean I'm a Spurs fan and I feel terrible, I really do!!

Smart ass, Pop didn't want to risk Duncan.I understand not playing Duncan because is his player but what in the hell was he thinking sitting Garnett and Yao as well?

tim2005mvp
02-21-2005, 12:08 AM
kevin mchale coach of twolves contacted pop, asking him to limit kg mins. shit im sure he didnt want them playin in the fourth because thats when they are going full throttle.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 12:10 AM
kevin mchale coach of twolves contacted pop, asking him to limit kg mins. shit im sure he didnt want them playin in the fourth because thats when they are going full throttle.
And Jeff Van Gundy also contacted him to limit Yao Ming's minutes?

:lol

TheWriter
02-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah, because the superstar Yao would of saved the game for the west.

What's more melted? Your brain or a ice cream cone left outside during a Texas summer?

tim2005mvp
02-21-2005, 12:12 AM
yea but yao sucks man at that time r u going to go with amare/dirk or yao. yao as ur go to man??? haha
you can thank chinas populations for him being there.

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-21-2005, 12:36 AM

Blamed the coach,spurs players why don't you just blamed KOBE for your lakers problems how in the hell can the lakers trade SHAQ is beyond me.Best big man in the NBA and you trade him,stupid stupid stupid,than you come in here an try to blamed the SPURS for the lost. As long as DUNCAN,MANU did not get HURT it was a great day for the SPURS ORGANIZATION AND ITS GREAT FANS.

Neonmoon83
02-21-2005, 12:37 AM
The all-star game blows! A bunch of over-paid whiny wannabe gansta's SANS a few here and there, show-boating for even more money and maybe a new record deal or commercial.

Pop and Tim look disgusted to even be there. I hope Pop lost this game on purpose, if only to knock a few people's ego's down. I mean Shaq shooting a one-handed free throw? Back to the real season please!!

TDfan2007
02-21-2005, 12:42 AM
The all-star game blows! A bunch of over-paid whiny wannabe gansta's SANS a few here and there, show-boating for even more money and maybe a new record deal or commercial.

Pop and Tim look disgusted to even be there. I hope Pop lost this game on purpose, if only to knock a few people's ego's down. I mean Shaq shooting a one-handed free throw? Back to the real season please!!

why such negativity?

I mean i know that this all star game was pretty bad but it has always been a fun thing to watch because you can see the best athletes on earth play the game they love without the leash of their coaches.

Would Tim ever take a 3 in a game? Probably not.

Would Vince do that off-the-backboard dunk? Probably not.

That is why the ASG is so much fun to watch.

This years was a bit of a dissapointment though, too many TO's and crappy shooting.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Hmm, meaningless All-Star game, or NBA title...

You're a fucking idiot LakerGod.

adidas11
02-21-2005, 01:29 AM
I had a good time watching the game.

Man In Black
02-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Lakerfraud doing what he does best. Verbal Vomit at it's finest.
Your shit is weak. When you feel like talking real hoops, make sure you come with pictures...no one is going to be able to understand whatever the hell you are trying to say without them, your thoughts lack coherence and well, can't you provide any kind of real basketball insight? Probably not, that is why you give us this trash.

IcemanCometh
02-21-2005, 03:11 AM
garnetts injured

Dex
02-21-2005, 03:33 AM
The West can't win all the time.

You'd think LakerGod would've figured that out when Detroit was spanking the Lakers last year.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Well, the majority of Spurs fans here predicted an easy win for the West.

Man In Black
02-21-2005, 04:43 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA022105.1C.harvey.caaea80a.html

Duncan's ankle was a Spurs' issue, just as Kevin Garnett's knee was a Minnesota one. Popovich tried to get it right, and he talked to both Garnett and Kevin McHale, the Timberwolves' coach before the game. McHale, for one, said he would appreciate less time for his guy.

That right there is a CAPITAL FUCK YOU to the slackerfraud who refuses to learn anything about basketball. Take your time man, if you need to...check in with you hooked-on-phonics to make sure you understand.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 05:42 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA022105.1C.harvey.caaea80a.html

That right there is a CAPITAL FUCK YOU to the slackerfraud who refuses to learn anything about basketball. Take your time man, if you need to...check in with you hooked-on-phonics to make sure you understand.
Duncan looked good out there, I don't blame the coach for protecting his player, meaningless game, don't get me wrong, I hope Duncan and Garnett the best for the second half of the season, a 5-game lead over Dallas is nothing, just like Pop said, it can be gone in less than 2 weeks.

TheWriter
02-21-2005, 05:59 AM
But that 13 game lead the Suns have on the Lakers ain't going nowhere.

Nor is the 13.5 game lead the Spurs have on the Lakers.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Well, I know the Lakers are not going far this season (maybe) but the so-called "favorites" are now being challenged by a handful of teams, Phoenix, Seattle, Dallas and please don't come up with "we beat the Suns 2 times or the Mavs 3 times, playoffs are different and you know it!

Don't be bitter man!

TheWriter
02-21-2005, 06:13 AM
Yeah they are.

And the Spurs play the best defense in the NBA and thery have above avg. scoring skills.

They have a top 5 all time margin of victory so far.

Spurs fear no one. You fear reality.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Yeah they are.

And the Spurs play the best defense in the NBA and thery have above avg. scoring skills.
Yeah, best defense overall agaisnt average teams, what happen last Sunday when the Spurs allowed the Heat to shoot 56% from the field?

TheWriter
02-21-2005, 06:21 AM
Yeah, best defense overall agaisnt average teams, what happen last Sunday when the Spurs allowed the Heta to shoot 56% from the field?

My young stupid friend, they allow 86 points a game after 53 games. That's an avg.

You take one game and you use that to judge this team's overall defense?

Why not take the 42% the Heat shot the first time they played?

And the Heat shot 52% not 56% you dumbass.

Again:

97 pts a game while allowing only 86.

That's killer my dumb friend.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 06:23 AM
56% 52% big deal they shot better.

42% to 52% there is a big difference matty.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Anyways how many points did the Spursies allowed the Suns in their last meeting?

TheWriter
02-21-2005, 06:28 AM
56% 52% big deal they shot better.

42% to 52% there is a big difference matty.

Yeah, teams have off nights.

Spurs are 4th in the league in fg% and second in the league in opponent fg%.

Spurs shoot 46% and only allow 42$.

Get off our jock jackass.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 06:34 AM
So the Spurs usually have off nights?

If the Sunnies were having the same schedule your team have they'd probably go 7-0 (if healthy) REALLY!

TheWriter
02-21-2005, 06:37 AM
This message is hidden because LakerGod is on your ignore list.

I love it!

Sorry LakerGod... I became too bored with your brain dead postings. If you will excuse me, I am now going to do something a lot more exciting than schooling your ass, which is watch paint dry.

Enjoy the night little boy.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Just a word:

OWNED!

TheWriter
02-21-2005, 06:46 AM
http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/cantseeshit/see.jpg

Experiment2100
02-21-2005, 06:51 AM
It's all the other teams' in the NBA fault because they put the Spurs there.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 06:54 AM
It's all the other teams' in the NBA fault because they put the Spurs there.
Probably!

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 06:58 AM
http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/cantseeshit/see.jpg
I don't see the pic

smeagol
02-21-2005, 07:22 AM

The only recent embarrassment I can vividly recall is you precious Lakers, with 4 HOFers, loosing to the Pistons in last year's finals.

They are giving away free candy in the store around the corner.

Run, Run! You might still get a Twix!

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Anyways how many points did the Spursies allowed the Suns in their last meeting?

Check who WON the game you MORON :drunk :hat

sbsquared
02-21-2005, 09:22 AM
The announcers said before the game that Pop had already told Tim and Kevin that they were not going to play the 4th quarter - regardless how things were going! I don't know about Yao, but he wasn't that great anyway.

How about the 20+ turnovers the West had - think that had anything to do with the loss since the East scored 19 points off turnovers? What an idiot you are!

Jdspur20
02-21-2005, 09:39 AM

its the all-star game, whhhoooooooooo caaaaarrrrrrrreeeeeeeessss!!!!!!

ALVAREZ6
02-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah, best defense overall agaisnt average teams, what happen last Sunday when the Spurs allowed the Heat to shoot 56% from the field?
What does 1 game mean? Nothing you shit-fuck!

Dude, ok the Spurs played bad D one game, let's see how many of them the gay ass dick-licking anal invading Lakers had.

Solid D
02-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Let's put everything in perspective here.

Lakerfraud once again must have been watcing NASCAR highlights instead of the game.

Yao did not sit out the "entire 4th quarter". Yao played half of the 4th quarter. He started the 4th and was lifted with 6 minutes left in the game. With LA Laker Kobe Bryant and Yao Ming on the court at the same time, the deficit went from 6 to 12.

Your Laker got more minutes than anyone else on the list. Stupid thread.

Player......Minutes
K. Bryant 29
T. McGrady 24
R. Allen 23
Y. Ming 22
M. Ginobili 22
D. Nowitzki 21
A. Stoudemire 20
S. Nash 17
T. Duncan 16
K. Garnett 16
S. Marion 16
R. Lewis 14

Duff McCartney
02-21-2005, 12:45 PM

The Heat barely won by 4 points. If any team shoots 56% from the field, the game should be a blow out.

GrandeDavid
02-21-2005, 12:50 PM
I won't even dignify this ridiculous thread with a direct response, yet I will throw this factual quote at LakerIdiot:

www.mysanantonio.com/spor...e3e2e.html

Respect for Pop: Kobe Bryant, the Los Angeles Lakers guard who only recently returned to action after an ankle sprain, had hoped to play only 10 minutes Sunday but logged 29. Western Conference coach Gregg Popovich, Bryant said, inspired him to play more.

"It was such a tremendous honor for me to play for Popovich, and he's such a great coach," Bryant said. "I always viewed Popovich as being one of the best coaches ever, and to play for him, I realize how great he is. I just enjoyed playing for the man."

conversekid
02-21-2005, 01:54 PM
As noted by the commentators: Both KG and TD are injured, so POP limited their minutes - PER the Twolves organziations request.

If your boy Kobe was the next Jordan... shouldn't he have taken over the game and won it? Your mad at pop? Be mad at kobe...

PHANTOM21
02-21-2005, 02:31 PM
so many aholes, so few bullets

Solid D
02-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Were you out of school today?

ALVAREZ6
02-21-2005, 06:59 PM
so many aholes, so few bullets :lol

TDfan2007
02-21-2005, 07:02 PM
With Miami beefing up its frontline, I can foresee the great Timmy D. being stopped handily !!! Who will bail Timmy out ??? Rasho??

The Spurs have to make plans before the trading deadline if they want to challenge the likes of Detroit and Miami. :smokin

When Tim was on one leg he scored 20 points against the Heat. Imagine what he would do when healthy (which he most likely will be by the time that finals come around). Besides, Zo won't even play that much, he's not healthy.

milkyway21
02-21-2005, 08:12 PM
20+ turnovers, less min for KG, less min for TD(might have won the MVP if West won), Tmac disappeared, Yao was again a disappointment, even Nash can't pass. I'm not a Kobe fan but, aside from TD/Allen/Manu.., I can see him the most who tried to WIN the game...
what can I say? except that I actually WENT TO SEE A MOVIE JUST TO EASE MYSELF & FORGET MY DISAPPOINTMENT.
It was just completely a waste of my time. esp the 4th qtr.
I wish I didn't invite some of my friends to come to my house to watch it on TV. Coming from simple fan like me, I was embarrassed. Thank God, it was AI who won the MVP, if it was Shaq, then I'd be :cuss

SequSpur
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
The Spurs are virtually unmarketable since Duncan is virtually closed to the media and Popovich is just an absolute turd.

Why do they even bother getting involved? Claim an injury and stay home, sheyitt. No Spur participated in the dunkfest, the shootout, the shooting stars, the skills challenge... then Beno in the rookie game was ridiculous.

I hope for the world's sake Pop is never involved in an allstar game again. The West will never win.

davi78239
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
We'll just see what happens, spurs are allowed to not be at their best for a couple of games....and yet they still almost win over half the time.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 10:15 PM
With Miami beefing up its frontline, I can foresee the great Timmy D. being stopped handily !!! Who will bail Timmy out ??? Rasho??

The Spurs have to make plans before the trading deadline if they want to challenge the likes of Detroit and Miami. :smokin
That's exactly what I'm trying to say but these spurs fans are stubborn living in their own little world.

SequSpur
02-21-2005, 10:16 PM
If the Spurs don't do anything again this year to beef up the front line, I will personally call the radio station every day to go off on Popovich. Guaranteed.

ALVAREZ6
02-21-2005, 10:17 PM
That's exactly what I'm trying to say but these spurs fans are stubborn living in their own little world.
No, we're saying the same thing you stupid ass fuck. Check some other threads.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 10:19 PM
BTW I've said it once and I say it again:

The spurs are not going to make it to the Finals with Rasho as their starting Center, now they will have a little taste of what Minnesota went through all those years of futility when Rasho was there.

TDfan2007
02-21-2005, 10:29 PM
BTW I've said it once and I say it again:

The spurs are not going to make it to the Finals with Rasho as their starting Center, now they will have a little taste of what Minnesota went through all those years of futility when Rasho was there.

Just a question, what team in the west has a center that Rasho can't gaurd?

Sheesh LakerGod, I would have to say that this is your dumbest post in quite some time, and that's saying a lot.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Rasho can't guard anybody, period!

He can't guard Brad Miller, Yao, Jerome james, Amare Stoudimire and the list goes on and on....

duncan2k5
02-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Rasho is a good 1on1 defender. dont sleep on him. and he's a great belp defender kid. but you dont watch spur games so you wont know. hey guys. when we win the championship lets bring back up this post so we can let them see how stupid they sound. and you mr. twolves fan the twolves got spree, cass, wally, KG, Kandi, Hassel, and they cant make th8 spot? some MVP you got there. i guarantee if timmy was on that team instead of kg...no more needs to be said. commence...

travis2
02-22-2005, 07:54 AM
If the Spurs don't do anything again this year to beef up the front line, I will personally call the radio station every day to go off on Popovich. Guaranteed.

Cool! Public displays of utter brainlessness are always good for a laugh.

Man In Black
02-22-2005, 03:24 PM

He can't guard Brad Miller, Yao, Jerome james, Amare Stoudimire and the list goes on and on....

Let's see, with him on the team, the Spurs went on to finish tied for the BEST FG% ALLOWED EVER. You can't comprehend that can you. I bet you still think the Spurs average 75 points per game on offense and that Antoine Carr is on the bench.

You're pathetic. Anytime you want to get educated, post something dumb...I'll be there to 1st laugh at you and then inform you on what is the truth.

johnny00
02-22-2005, 03:29 PM
.....and what moves should they make Einstien, other than trade Rasho? 'cause you know that's not going to happen this season right??? Jeez Sequ, keep this up and you'll make Wolves 009, and Lakergod seem like intelligent posters

johnny00
02-22-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't see the pic
Is that an understatment!!!

smeagol
02-22-2005, 03:48 PM

If the Spurs don't do anything again this year to beef up the front line, I will personally call the radio station every day to go off on Popovich. Guaranteed

I have a funny feeling these two are the same person.

desflood
02-22-2005, 03:53 PM
"...living in their own little world..." And the Lakers fans who still manage to believe that Kobe Bryant is a good person and cheer for him daily, which world do they live in again?

pjjrfan
02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
An all star game, is an exhibition game of the top players for the benefit of the fans. I'm just glad Td, and Manu came out alright.

pjjrfan
02-22-2005, 05:36 PM

He may be a weak one on one defender, but Rasho is pretty good at guarding the rim, in the Spurs defensive scheme. He is also a better defender on the pick and roll than either TD or Rose. Rasho won't leave his man until his teammate recovers and replaces him, and Rasho's weakside rotations on the help defense are excellent, yes, as does everyone in the league, he misses things, but his team D is steady and consistent and a major reason why the Spurs lead the leauge in pts. allowed. And I'm no big Rasho fan, The guy plays with his head down, is timid to a fault, and in a pressure game he may buckle, but I think he can hold his own as long as the Team doesn't break down and leave him on an island.

LakerGod
02-22-2005, 10:15 PM
The only thing Rasho is good at is to collect 5 fouls in 3 minutes...Wow! :lol

Rummpd
02-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Some idiots conveniently forget that Rasho has had some huge defensive games this year, i.e, the 2nd half vs. the Suns etc.

I challenge anyone to name 5 better starting defensive true centers in the league right now.

LakerGod
02-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Some idiots conveniently forget that Rasho has had some huge defensive games this year, i.e, the 2nd half vs. the Suns etc.

I challenge anyone to name 5 better starting defensive true centers in the league right now.
Nice try!

Rasho didn't play the second half against the Suns because he was injured in the 2nd quarter

tophy7
02-22-2005, 10:48 PM
spurs played suns twice