PDA

View Full Version : Wow, that's gonna leave a bruise...

Nbadan
11-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Begich has overtaken Stevens in Alaska by 3 votes!

:lol

US SENATOR
Total

Number of Precincts 438
Precincts Reporting 438 100.0 %
Times Counted 267941/495731 54.0 %
Total Votes 264655
Begich, Mark DEM 125019 47.24%
Bird, Bob AI 10913 4.12%
Gianoutsos, Ted NA 1076 0.41%
Haase, Fredrick D. LIB 1961 0.74%
Stevens, Ted REP 125016 47.24%
Write-in Votes 670 0.25%

Election data (http://www.elections.alaska.gov/08general/data/results.htm)

MannyIsGod
11-12-2008, 09:42 PM
They're not done counting either.

Wild Cobra
11-12-2008, 10:38 PM
That's wild. Didn't Stevens have a clear lead when the remaining votes to be counted were mostly military absentee? If so, the military that primarily votes republiucan missed the memo to elect stevens anyway so he can step down and be replaced by a pick of Palins, or does it not work that way in Alaska?

Oh well, automatic recount...

When will it end?

I'm glad to see Stevens go, but I'd rather he be able to step down and be replaced by Palin. I'm sure others here would rather see Begich get it. At least we can agree to disagree.

DarrinS
11-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Official who gives a shit thead.

YAY!

MannyIsGod
11-12-2008, 11:30 PM
That's wild. Didn't Stevens have a clear lead when the remaining votes to be counted were mostly military absentee? If so, the military that primarily votes republiucan missed the memo to elect stevens anyway so he can step down and be replaced by a pick of Palins, or does it not work that way in Alaska?

Oh well, automatic recount...

When will it end?

I'm glad to see Stevens go, but I'd rather he be able to step down and be replaced by Palin. I'm sure others here would rather see Begich get it. At least we can agree to disagree.

Here's an idea. Google before you post so you're not so misinformed. Go on.

MannyIsGod
11-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Oh, and expect Franken to win after the recount in MN too. The only seat out of the 3 that are up for grabs that is likely to end up going for the GOP is the one in GA and thats because everyone and their mother has been campaigning for it.

Wild Cobra
11-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Here's an idea. Google before you post so you're not so misinformed. Go on.

When will you stop being and antagonistic bastard?

I could have looked up the information. I stated what I thought the truth was and posed it as a question.

Do you know what a question is?

Please get a life and stop being a shithead.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Manny, you used to be capable of independent thought. I'm not sure how anyone with a brain can be excited about the Dems having a filibuster proof majority in Congress to go with a lib in the WH.

Be careful what you wish for.

MannyIsGod
11-13-2008, 12:33 AM
They're not going to get it AHF and I've seen what the current GOP has to offer and I simply hate it. What the hell has the GOP done for me in congress? Fuck the taxrate, they basically cut my income in half. They've attacked the environment and civil liberties. They've done NOTHING but horrible shit.

I'm through with the current GOP. The Democrats offer far better even when I consider what I disagree with.

Its not that I'm not capable of independent thought AHF, its that the alternative is so fucking shitty.

MannyIsGod
11-13-2008, 12:35 AM
When will you stop being and antagonistic bastard?

I could have looked up the information. I stated what I thought the truth was and posed it as a question.

Do you know what a question is?

Please get a life and stop being a shithead.

I'll stop being an antagonistic bastard when you through being an ignorant idiot. So don't hold your breath because I'm not thinking thats going to happen anytime soon. There's a reason people get tired of you and end up simply making fun of you. Maybe its time to become a little introspective and direct those questions of yours in a different direction.

Or continue being an idiot. Its endless entertainment.

SnakeBoy
11-13-2008, 12:38 AM
they basically cut my income in half.

How'd they do that?

MannyIsGod
11-13-2008, 12:39 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAFE_Port_Act

Hence, my title.

SnakeBoy
11-13-2008, 12:51 AM
So what do you do for money? Gamble, own a online gambling company?

Just asking. I don't gamble so I don't know a thing about the industry.

MannyIsGod
11-13-2008, 12:54 AM
I play poker professionally.

SnakeBoy
11-13-2008, 01:00 AM
So how did that act cut your salary in half? Less opportunity to play or something?

I have mixed feelings about it I guess. I had a brother in law who started gambling online. When my sister divorced him he had lost all their savings and was something like $80k in debt. Then again, he was always an idiot. No amount of legislation was going to change that.