we can't score? :(

-Mars

urunobili
11-12-2008, 09:54 PM
21-2 run? wtf went wrong???

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2008, 09:56 PM
21-2 run? wtf went wrong???

Come on, having Vaughn, Finley, and Oberto out on the court at the same time is a recipe for success :tu [/Pop]

ducks
11-12-2008, 09:57 PM
rebound

mVp
11-12-2008, 10:02 PM
We suck, that's why.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Anyone that thought the Spurs wouldn't go through scoring droughts needs their head examined. The difference is that the Spurs scored 78 points and still had a chance to win the game. The Spurs team that came out at the beginning of the season would have lost this game by 30.

Besides, it's rebounding that cost the team tonight. Everyone was pretty weak.

timvp
11-12-2008, 10:29 PM
http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmssezioni/basket/200706images/parker_ginobili01G.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2008, 10:30 PM
this happens when we are at full strength so is anyone surprised?

SpursFan0728
11-12-2008, 10:37 PM
a few mistakes by Hill was enough for Pop to send in JV for the rest of the 4th Q

and the result?

we could barley buy a basket

baseline bum
11-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Because the roster is NBDL-level after Duncan and Mason when TP and Manu are out. Hence, the need for Marbury if he gets bought out.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 10:42 PM
a few mistakes by Hill was enough for Pop to send in JV for the rest of the 4th Q

and the result?

we could barley buy a basket

Wrong. Mason and Fin were the backcourt for the end of the game. JV played about a minute in the fourth. The shooters could "barley" generate an attempt.

SpursFan0728
11-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Wrong. Mason and Fin were the backcourt for the end of the game. JV played about a minute in the fourth. The shooters could "barley" generate an attempt.

ahh you were right about JV

mason and Fin were the backcourt along with Hill during the bucks run until JV came in for a min in the 4th

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah, a few jumpers and Pop fell back in love with Fin to the point that he didn't pull him when he stopped playing defense.

And sorry for overreacting. :)

SpursFan0728
11-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey no problem.

But then again, the starter of this thread was right on. Our defense was ok tonight but scoring 16 and 19 in the third and fourth quarter is unacceptable. I would much rather see Hill penetrating to the rim the JV taking step back jumpers.

Rynospursfan
11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
It was small ball and rebounding that killed us tonight. Pop should have had either Oberto or Tolliver in at the end of the game. The Spurs were stagnant in the fourth and Timmy couldn't box out both Mbah a Moute and Bogut. Bogut ended up with 17 boards, 17! Ridiculous.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Hey no problem.

But then again, the starter of this thread was right on. Our defense was ok tonight but scoring 16 and 19 in the third and fourth quarter is unacceptable. I would much rather see Hill penetrating to the rim the JV taking step back jumpers.

But like I mentioned in another post, the Spurs allowed 31 points in the first half, and allowed 29 in the 4th quarter, so it still seems to be the defense that failed them (or the abandonment of defense). I have much less problem seeing Vaughn play one minute in the 4th quarter than I do Hill getting no time in the last seven minutes, even when the Spurs need to defend an inbounds pass with 3 seconds to go.

SenorSpur
11-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Really not sure why Pop elected to go small.

mVp
11-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Really not sure why Pop elected to go small.

He made a lot of very questionable decisions tonight.

SpursFan0728
11-12-2008, 11:31 PM
But like I mentioned in another post, the Spurs allowed 31 points in the first half, and allowed 29 in the 4th quarter, so it still seems to be the defense that failed them (or the abandonment of defense). I have much less problem seeing Vaughn play one minute in the 4th quarter than I do Hill getting no time in the last seven minutes, even when the Spurs need to defend an inbounds pass with 3 seconds to go.

yes you are right that it was the defense that fail them tonight especially the 21-2 run

But facing a handicap Bucks team that plays below the avg D and not scoring more than 80 points is ridiculous. Our defense could be better tonight but playing powerhouse team like Rockets..scoring 80 points is not enough even if we play better D

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 11:46 PM
yes you are right that it was the defense that fail them tonight especially the 21-2 run

But facing a handicap Bucks team that plays below the avg D and not scoring more than 80 points is ridiculous. Our defense could be better tonight but playing powerhouse team like Rockets..scoring 80 points is not enough even if we play better D

?? This team has trouble scoring; weren't you watching during the last year? Now you're putting the Spurs without Parker or Ginobili up against a healthy Rockets team and complaining? Please.

The Spurs shouldn't be expecting to come in on the second night of a back to back on the road and run people out of the gym; I'm not sure why you would be.

The Spurs played 1.75 games of good defense with this crew. Yeah, closing it out tonight would have been nice, but how you fail to be encouraged by the defensive effort is puzzling.

SpursFan0728
11-13-2008, 12:04 AM
?? This team has trouble scoring; weren't you watching during the last year? Now you're putting the Spurs without Parker or Ginobili up against a healthy Rockets team and complaining? Please.

The Spurs shouldn't be expecting to come in on the second night of a back to back on the road and run people out of the gym; I'm not sure why you would be.

The Spurs played 1.75 games of good defense with this crew. Yeah, closing it out tonight would have been nice, but how you fail to be encouraged by the defensive effort is puzzling.

No I am quite encouraged by our defensive effort tonight

our D was great especially in the fi rst half. But while Bucks was making a run no one was able to put the ball in the basket except TD. Why not give Farmer a shot?

I am not expecting Spurs to come in and run people out of the gym but hey, Bucks had a back to back as well. Might as well play with some desperateness.

Obstructed_View
11-13-2008, 12:18 AM
our D was great especially in the fi rst half. But while Bucks was making a run no one was able to put the ball in the basket except TD. Why not give Farmer a shot?

Finley and Mason had three shots between them in the 4th quarter. It's hard to put the ball in the basket when you aren't even shooting. I'd much rather have had Hill in there to play defense and fight for rebounds. As poorly as they shot in the game, the Spurs scored enough points to win if they didn't give up 34 points in the last 13 minutes of the game. Hell, securing two more rebounds would probably have done it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-13-2008, 12:22 AM
It was small ball and rebounding that killed us tonight. Pop should have had either Oberto or Tolliver in at the end of the game. The Spurs were stagnant in the fourth and Timmy couldn't box out both Mbah a Moute and Bogut. Bogut ended up with 17 boards, 17! Ridiculous.

Tolliver was in for the last three minutes or so if I remember right. Oberto got maybe a minute of PT in the fourth...

SpursFan0728
11-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Bucks went to the line 25 times while we went only 9
The shots were pretty even between the teams 75 and 74 respectively.

My point is that our O needs to be more aggressive. Doesn't matter if that means injecting Farmer to the game or Hill.

Manufan909
11-13-2008, 02:03 AM

Some people will bitch no matter what, even though it was a b2b.

mrspurs
11-13-2008, 08:12 AM
this happens when we are at full strength so is anyone surprised?

+1. There should be no surprise. This happened all of last season. And we were full throttle.

mrspurs
11-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Hey the other night the hornets only scored 7 points in a quarter. Sometimes the ball doesnt go in the hole. Its not only the Spurs. It happens everywhere. Even thou the bucks were without Redd. We gave them a great game. And the Bucks are a team for no matter what, always gives us a hard time. We played hard and came up short. No big deal. Thats why there is tomorrow.

hillscountry
11-13-2008, 08:48 AM
At least get a fucking shot off with 3 seconds left!

1Parker1
11-13-2008, 08:54 AM
That wasn't pretty. This going to get ugly the next month or so without Parker and Ginobili. Imagine when the Spurs will play some decent teams? :wow

galvatron3000
11-13-2008, 08:55 AM
78 points and missing almost 40 from Parker and Manu, wait it out. Just let the defense get better.

SenorSpur
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM

Absolutely unacceptable. Piss-poor rebounding effort by Tim. Tolliver actually led the Spurs in rebounding with 6. He has to get double-figures in rebounding for the Spurs to have a chance to win the battle on the glass.

Bogut always seems to play "out of his mind" against the Spurs.