11-12-2008, 10:14 PM
:lobt2:

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2008/04-25/lakers24dwbc_300.jpg

Yeah and ????

mytespurs
11-12-2008, 10:15 PM
what did dallas best record get them
nothing
True but I think this Laker team is a much better all around than that Dallas team but I could be wrong.......:hat

Roxsfan
11-12-2008, 10:17 PM
True but I think this Laker team is a much better all around than that Dallas team but I could be wrong.......:hat

I think u forgot how that mavs style of a few yrs past and the old suns style used to punish ALL teams during the regular season.......

mytespurs
11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
I think u forgot how that mavs style of a few yrs past and the old suns style used to punish ALL teams during the regular season.......

And what did that style get both teams...zip...nada....zero while this Laker team has enough depth & talen to win a championship.

hater
11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
I also remember a Detroit team that took 4 of their players to allstars and they still came up with ZERO.

thread = fail

George Gervin's Afro
11-12-2008, 10:24 PM
:sleep

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 10:24 PM
When's the "first seven games championship" parade?

Roxsfan
11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
And what did that style get both teams...zip...nada....zero while this Laker team has enough depth & talen to win a championship.

well, I agree with the first part in red(that was my point:bang), however I'm not sure about the last part unless stern gives them the celtic treatment in the officiating dept.

mytespurs
11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
I also remember a Detroit team that took 4 of their players to allstars and they still came up with ZERO.

thread = fail

they did win a championship though...albeit one in this decade.

15 RINGS BITCH
11-12-2008, 10:27 PM
what did dallas best record get them
nothing

DO WE LOOK LIKE DALLAS ASSWIPE?

BullsDynasty
11-12-2008, 10:27 PM

Rofl now I call that ownage.

SPURS SUCK!!!
11-12-2008, 10:31 PM
2 - 5

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0829/nba_g_ginobili_300.jpg

Roxsfan
11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
2 - 5

u better hope kobe does not get his ankle fucked up late in the season, fuck all that bs depth b/c that will be it for you guys in the postseason.

SpursDynasty
11-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm not impressed with the Lakers because they haven't beaten any good teams yet

caŽlo
11-12-2008, 10:40 PM
2 - 5

tsk tsk tsk... :nope

Roxsfan
11-12-2008, 10:40 PM
We dont need Kobe.

that just proves that you are ignorant indeed.

Banzai
11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Be humble. still a long season ahead.

Hemotivo
11-12-2008, 10:56 PM
2 - 5

:wow:rolleyes:nope:ihit

Kai
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm not impressed with the Lakers because they haven't beaten any good teams yet

We dont need Kobe.

I don't know which of these statements is stupider. You guys are hilarious.

BUMP
11-13-2008, 12:56 AM

idk about that.

the 06-07 dallas team was a beast.

they had a losing record against ONE team, and they managed to draw them in the 1st round. Everybody had Dallas penciled in for the Finals, and NOBODY thought that Golden State would go on a tear and play that kind of basketball.

who's to say that doesnt happen to the Lakers? right now they look good but GS came out of nowhere that season, lets say a young team like the Grizzlies start making a run, end up with the 8th seed, and then have nothing to lose and play loosey goosey in the 1st round ala GS?

never know

Ghazi
11-13-2008, 02:00 AM
GS was a mediocre team who happened to matchup well with the Mavs.

The only mediocre team I can think of that matches up decently with the Lakers are the bobcats, who are in the East. and even then, Kobe is far more difficult to shut down than Dirk, so they would beat the Bobcats in a best of 7 anyway.

but, I'm not ready to suck the Lakers' dick yet... but right now they are definitely the best Western team.

Roxsfan
11-13-2008, 02:09 AM
The best chance you girls have is Kobe going to EU. Then Lebron would come to where he wants to be. Fuck the Rockets!!!

No, fuck the lakers..........keep talking shit, it will make it more pleasurable when the fakers fuck it up just like they always have post-shaq.

Jloyola
11-13-2008, 02:13 AM
No, fuck the lakers..........keep talking shit, it will make it more pleasurable when the fakers fuck it up just like they always have post-shaq.

Which situation has a better chance of happening?

A. McGrady, Yao, or Artest missing mulitple games

B. Another 1st round exit due to injuries

C. Lakers struggling with argubly one of the top offensive and defensive team in the league?

ginobili's bald spot
11-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Lakers fans please stop acting like douche bags. It makes the rest of us non douche bag laker fans look bad.

#1 we haven't even done shit yet so quit acting like we have. There is an entire season left to play last time I checked.

#2 Laughing at or celebrating a player getting hurt is not cool no matter who they play for. Show some class and quit acting like pricks.

Allanon
11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't mind some trash-talking....keeps the fun up. I've seen plenty of trash thrown at Laker fans.

It's quite obvious there is alot of Laker hate and rooting against the Lakers. So when the Lakers have their best start since 2001, it's cause for some trash-talking....there needs to be some evening up for the last 4 years of trash.

Carry on.

Killakobe81
11-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't mind some trash-talking....keeps the fun up. I've seen plenty of trash thrown at Laker fans.

It's quite obvious there is alot of Laker hate and rooting against the Lakers. So when the Lakers have their best start since 2001, it's cause for some trash-talking....there needs to be some evening up for the last 4 years of trash.

Carry on.

Nothing wrong with trash-talk ...why do a lot of people come on here? anyways ...point is taken we have NOT done ANYTHING important yet ...BUT ...
IMHO road wins versus 2 of last year playoff teams especially on back 2 back nights, 2 me was quite impressive as regular season's wins go ...

As Avery pointed out on ESPN ...holding NO to 30 1st half points after winning in Dallas the night before that is a great regular season win ...So we can talk ish to Hornets, Mavs, Blazers and Nuggets because we have walked in to their building and beat them ...(except Portland but we beat them so bad in LA it wouldnt have mattered where we played that night)

So my chest is out proud for my squad but i aint buying tickets for a victory parade in June either ...Boston looks just as impressive ...even more so ...Portland has bounced back since our beat down...Jazz won a lot withour Dwill and the Hawks have been almost as impressive and should have won last night.OH and dont get me stated about Lebron whther he is beter than Kobe or not is moot if he keeps his pace up he would have my MVP vote (as long as he gets a top 2 East seed I dont think they should change recent criteria which has always have given it to someone who has a top record)

IronMexican
11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
We(Laker fans) are just setting ourselves up for disaster. The moment we lost a game, prepare for 50 threads. Then all the asses who talked shit will disappear.

hater
11-13-2008, 11:05 AM
they did win a championship though...albeit one in this decade.

thanks to a monumental Laker choking.

Teams that won championships thanks to lakers choking = Celtics, Pistons

IronMexican
11-13-2008, 11:08 AM
thanks to a monumental Laker choking.

Teams that won championships thanks to lakers choking = Celtics, Pistons

How did we choke against the Pistons? That comment is just stupid. The Pistons went out there and just out played LA. Nothing else to say about it.

hater
11-13-2008, 11:12 AM
How did we choke against the Pistons? That comment is just stupid. The Pistons went out there and just out played LA. Nothing else to say about it.

when you have Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton in a team and they don't win a championship. It's because they choked.

hater
11-13-2008, 11:16 AM
You better pray Manu and Parker are back before the Lakeshow experience comes their Spurs way. Were going to beat the Spurs by 50. If they are healthy, then we will win by only 20.:lol

not worried about regular season at all. lakers could win by 100 for all I care. Doesn't mean shit.

last year you beat Spurs in playoffs, although a hurt and tired spurs team. hopefully this year Lakers will face a Spurs team in better condition in the playoffs. then that will matter

IronMexican
11-13-2008, 11:16 AM
when you have Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton in a team and they don't win a championship. It's because they choked.

Wouldn't it be more of a choke to be up 2-0 and almost at the grasp of going up 3-2, but losing that series?

hater
11-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Wouldn't it be more of a choke to be up 2-0 and almost at the grasp of going up 3-2, but losing that series?

I am not going to argue about this but when you go into a series as heavy favorites and get your ass handed. That is choking.

but you might be right. whatever

hater
11-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Well, you can keep hanging on to the whole Manu was hurt excuse. We had Ariza and Bynum out too. Besides, its not like we dont own the Spurs in the playoffs.

sure whatever makes you sleep better at night.

that doesn't change the fact that in recent years, East teams have the choking lakers and mavs to thank for their championships :lol

hater
11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Spurs = unbeaten in NBA finals

:owned

DisAsTerBot
11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Well, you can keep hanging on to the whole Manu was hurt excuse. We had Ariza and Bynum out too. Besides, its not like we dont own the Spurs in the playoffs.

what the hell does "SIZZING START" in you sig mean??

hater
11-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Well, youve only been there a few times. Thats like a guy that goes out on four dates claiming to be a player... keep it up genius...:lol

if that guy scores on all 4 dates. he's a pimp

Trainwreck2100
11-13-2008, 11:42 AM

If the Mavs loss to the Warriors as a heavy favorite is a choke then losing with four hall of famers is a choke

And what have Ariza and Bynum done in the playoffs?

tlongII
11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
The Lakers look great right now. I hope they can keep it up until we play them again. We're getting better and better and I know we can beat those douche-bags!

Trainwreck2100
11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, youve only been there a few times. Thats like a guy that goes out on four dates claiming to be a player... keep it up genius...:lol

A guy who brags about banging chicks 50 years older then him isn't much of a player either.

lil_penny
11-13-2008, 12:14 PM
congrats to the lakers but winning 7 in a row isnt anything special, shit blazers won 13 in a row last year and rockets won 20 something.. hit the 20 mark then feel special

Indazone
11-13-2008, 01:18 PM
:sleep

22 in a row baby!!

dbreiden83080
11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
We dont need Kobe.

Great can we have him??

Ghazi
11-13-2008, 03:17 PM
tlong the blazers can only beat the lakers in the rose garden when their jumpers are falling.

staples or playoffs? Nope.

Allanon
11-13-2008, 03:22 PM
congrats to the lakers but winning 7 in a row isnt anything special, shit blazers won 13 in a row last year and rockets won 20 something.. hit the 20 mark then feel special

If it was just any 7 in a row during the course of a season, it's no biggie.

But because it's at the beginning of the season, when the team hasn't gelled yet, it's quite an accomplishments.

It's taken the Lakers almost a decade to finally do it again. It bodes well for the mentaility of the team.

I personally think this will be a history breaking season for the Lakers.

lil_penny
11-13-2008, 03:35 PM
yea i cant argue with you there, but some people just over do the whole 7-0 thing like they are the greatest team to ever play.. i say just let them play and time will tell.. no doubt they have played extremely great basketball though and dont see them having a problem continuing the steak for a while.

Allanon you are probably the most level headed laker fan on this board by far.

Lakafan23
11-13-2008, 03:39 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHA :toast:toast:toast:toast :king:king:king:king

tlongII
11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Keep it up Lakers. Keep it up. I think we visit Staples again on Jan 2nd or 3rd. If we can keep Fisher from injuring our players we'll see what you're made of then.

Lakafan23
11-13-2008, 03:42 PM
This is definitely the best Lakers squad since 03 04 where they went to the finals and choked. But this team has a true leader and great depth. This is the lakers year to win it all

Allanon
11-13-2008, 04:01 PM
yea i cant argue with you there, but some people just over do the whole 7-0 thing like they are the greatest team to ever play.. i say just let them play and time will tell.. no doubt they have played extremely great basketball though and dont see them having a problem continuing the steak for a while.

Thanks for the props lil_penny. I haven't seen you around much in the past but your posts so far are quite fair. :toast

I watch basketball from work so I watch pretty much any game that's on. I particularly like your Blazers, the Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, Nuggets and Grizzlies. In the East, I like the Hawks, Miami, Pistons and new Knicks.

I do have the cocky 70-75 wins prediction but I'll wait on my trash-talking and let that chill in the cooler until the Lakers rack up more wins.

tlongII
11-13-2008, 04:12 PM
This is definitely the best Lakers squad since 03 04 where they went to the finals and choked. But this team has a true leader and great depth. This is the lakers year to win it all

You could say the same thing about the Blazers. I don't think our record will be as good as yours at the end of the season despite my earlier predictions, but I do think we can beat you.

IronMexican
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
You could say the same thing about the Blazers. I don't think our record will be as good as yours at the end of the season despite my earlier predictions, but I do think we can beat you.

Realism came at you? Lakers struggled through inexpirience from 96-99. That Blazers ship people were on, wont ship for quite a while. Then the question will come up whether they can keep all of them.

sook
11-13-2008, 04:26 PM
nice job lakers, if you keep this up you won't get more recognition from anyone other than rockets fans since we know how hard it is to keep the wins going

tlongII
11-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Realism came at you? Lakers struggled through inexpirience from 96-99. That Blazers ship people were on, wont ship for quite a while. Then the question will come up whether they can keep all of them.

I don't understand why people on this board continually question this? You have seen Paul Allen's bank account haven't you? It's not a problem. I've specifically asked the question to Kevin Pritchard and he's said that we can keep everybody if we want to. Oh, and btw, we are damn good right now and only getting better. We'll be one of the best teams in the league by the end of this season.

SpursDynasty
11-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Derek Fisher was the reason we didn't go to the Finals in 2004 and 2008. The 0.4 shot and his foul on Barry which prevented Barry from getting a shot off and no foul call.

Kobe, Shaq, Gasol, Odom, etc. had nothing significant to do with getting the Lakers past the Spurs those two years.

lil_penny
11-13-2008, 04:45 PM
lakaluva: yes tlong annoys the shit out of me..not as much as you though, and yes i should tell other teams fans how to act cause most of you sound like a bunch of little bitches and give lakers fans a bad name.. im not trying to take anything away from the lakers as a team just the 85% of their fans who annoy the shit out of 99% of the people on this forum.. i wish the lakers the best of luck but you my friend can suck a dick

Boston Pancake
11-13-2008, 05:21 PM
The Lakers are wicked gay. Undefeated now, but just like last year, you'll have 4 losses in the Finals :toast

stretch
11-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Oh, and beating our record of 11 stright to open the season would be nice. And looking at our schedule, I can see that happening.

Is that a club record? Cuz the Mavs once started 14-0, and thats not even the NBA record.

stretch
11-13-2008, 05:32 PM
But this team has a true leader

Really? Who?

Allanon
11-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Is that a club record? Cuz the Mavs once started 14-0, and thats not even the NBA record.

11-0 is the club record.

15-0 is the NBA record I believe, not 100% sure.

And for overall season records....

Rockets had 22 mid-season last year.

And overall longest is 33 by Magic's Lakers

None of this guarantees a championship but it makes 82 games alot more enjoyable.

stretch
11-13-2008, 05:48 PM
11-0 is the club record.

None of this guarantees a championship but it makes 82 games alot more enjoyable.

Ok.

TheMadHatter
11-13-2008, 05:49 PM
11-0 is the club record.

No the 33 game winstreak was done in 71-72 by Wilt/West's Lakers.

Allanon
11-13-2008, 05:58 PM
No the 33 game winstreak was done in 71-72 by Wilt/West's Lakers.

Seriously? Man I'm off. I've always thought it was Magic.

tlongII
11-13-2008, 06:27 PM
11-0 is the club record.

That was not Magic's Lakers. It was pre-Magic/Kareem. They had West, Goodrich, and Wilt at the time.

tlongII
11-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Sorry. Didn't read the previous posts.

TheMadHatter
11-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Despite this good start, I'm still worried about BOS. They are all that matters to me right now, if we can't beat them might as well pack it up and go home because we aren't sniffing the LOB until we do.

Nobody in the WC scares me.

IronMexican
11-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Christmas seriously can't get here soon enough. All I want for Christmas is a Laker win and some new shoes!

sexinthatsx
11-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Despite this good start, I'm still worried about BOS. They are all that matters to me right now, if we can't beat them might as well pack it up and go home because we aren't sniffing the LOB until we do.

Nobody in the WC scares me.

Good point, which is why I want to bring back up some idiot laker fan's analogy to the spurs campionship titles: "Well, youve only been there a few times. Thats like a guy that goes out on four dates claiming to be a player... keep it up genius..." Guess what laker fans, all these wins in the regular season don't mean shit if you're going to lose in the finals like you did last year. Bragging rights are only available to those who actually won in the finals the year before...

edit: you have lakaluva to thank for that retarded analogy

Lakers_55
11-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Derek Fisher was the reason we didn't go to the Finals in 2004 and 2008. The 0.4 shot and his foul on Barry which prevented Barry from getting a shot off and no foul call.

Kobe, Shaq, Gasol, Odom, etc. had nothing significant to do with getting the Lakers past the Spurs those two years.

you still crying about that? Barry TRAVELED before Fisher fouled him. One non-call deserves another:
gif video proof here:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97449

Lakers_55
11-13-2008, 08:46 PM
On topic: 7-0 is great. We have won from the starting gate and from the stretch. Yes, we will lose games this season.

Breaking best start by team or league, not important, but gravy.
Getting back the best regular season record, not important, also gravy.
Breaking our 33 in a row? Never going to happen.
Another Kobe MVP? Who cares, we don't.
Laker goal is get best regular season record to secure HCA throughout playoffs. Which leads to the main goal:
Winning the title? If we stay healthy, it will happen. And, we want Boston. Unless they choke! This Laker team is more focused on winning the title in 2009 than Boston ever thought they were last season.

stretch
11-13-2008, 10:58 PM
On topic: 7-0 is great. We have won from the starting gate and from the stretch. Yes, we will lose games this season.

Laker goal is get best regular season record to secure HCA throughout playoffs. Which leads to the main goal:
Winning the title? If we stay healthy, it will happen. And, we want Boston. Unless they choke! This Laker team is more focused on winning the title in 2009 than Boston ever thought they were last season.

Sounds just like the Mavs in 2006-2007.

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Sounds just like the Mavs in 2006-2007.

We aren't the Mavs.

Brazil
11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
We aren't the Mavs.

Fixed

Budkin
11-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Premature Ejaculakers thread.

SpursDynasty
11-14-2008, 02:35 PM

Yeah I'm sure a 66-16 record is completely unfocused. Boston won 66 and won the championship. Lakers won 57 and didn't. Boston was the better team.

stretch
11-14-2008, 02:37 PM
We aren't the Mavs.

You're right. The 06-07 Mavs were better.

turiaf for president
11-14-2008, 04:47 PM
LOL @ this mavs 06-07 talk. who even remembers that team other than mavs fans. lakers are better than that mavs team and you all know it.

lakers havent won jack shiet yet but every freakin swinging dick here knows they are for real and are a real threat to any team trying to win the title this year.

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2008, 04:52 PM
you still crying about that? Barry TRAVELED before Fisher fouled him. One non-call deserves another:
gif video proof here:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97449

bullshit, the NBA came out and said it was a fucking foul, try again

TheMadHatter
11-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Anyone comparing the Lakers to the '06-07 Mavs is a damn fool.

The Lakers aren't even a jumpshooting team for christ sakes.

stretch
11-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Anyone comparing the Lakers to the '06-07 Mavs is a damn fool.

The Lakers aren't even a jumpshooting team for christ sakes.

You're right. They are a 3-point shooting team with a soft-ass "interior" power forward, a weak dumb crybaby center, and a shitty leader who resorts to fadeaway jumpshots when the going gets tough.

Oddly enough, thats sounds unusually similar to how many people viewed the Mavericks (shooting team, soft PF, dumb center, shitty leader who shoots jumpers when it gets tough)

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
bullshit, the NBA came out and said it was a fucking foul, try again

And, the NBA dropped the ball by doing that. Had they looked closer, they would have seen the travel. Look at the play, Barry traveled. Then Fisher fouled him. Great intimidation by Fisher to force him into it, hmm?

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah I'm sure a 66-16 record is completely unfocused. Boston won 66 and won the championship. Lakers won 57 and didn't. Boston was the better team.

Yeah, Boston was focused last season. Lakers are more so this season. Read my post again.

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2008, 05:26 PM
And, the NBA dropped the ball by doing that. Had they looked closer, they would have seen the travel. Look at the play, Barry traveled. Then Fisher fouled him. Great intimidation by Fisher to force him into it, hmm?

Or maybe fisher's arm made contact with Barry's body before his foot hits the ground

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Or maybe fisher's arm made contact with Barry's body before his foot hits the ground

Once the second foot is lifted without a dribble, it's a travel. Look again, that's what happened. It's clearly a foul by Fisher except the travel happened first. Therefore, it's a travel.

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
oh, it was also the fourth straight bad call in the Spurs favor.

Ginobli hit a 2, not a 3
Odom cleanly blocked Parker, wasn't a goaltend.
Fisher's shot hit the rim, and the 24 second clock wasn't reset.
Non-call on Barry/Fisher was in Spurs favor, because basket would have counted had it gone in.

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Once the second foot is lifted without a dribble, it's a travel. Look again, that's what happened. It's clearly a foul by Fisher except the travel happened first. Therefore, it's a travel.

Once his second foot is lifted its a travel? so you're saying every layup is in effect a travel.

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Once his second foot is lifted its a travel? so you're saying every layup is in effect a travel.

When you are stationary, that's the rules. Once a foot is lifted, the other becomes a pivot foot. I am sure some layups are travels that are never called.

I have mentioned this before, I'll mention it again. Look at Duncan's tying 3-pointer against the Suns in last season's first round playoff game. He lifts one foot, then the other and then shoots. It could be argued he traveled, but it was a non-call. Non-calls are part of the game. It's also like when Kobe and Bibby tangled up near the end of game 6 in the 2002 WCF. Bibby grabbed Kobe first, Kobe was groping for position. His elbow swiped Bibby in the mouth. Both were at fault, but the refs just let them play. Kobe's elbow wasn't flagrant. Throwing an elbow in someone's face to clear some floor space after grabbing a rebound probably is flagrant, and could lead to a brawl, or retaliation at least.

Besides, all those old plays are history. When I made the linked thread, Kori closed it. I wasn't the 9th Laker fan to make such a thread as she noted, she wanted everyone to accept the Spurs loss and move on. Unfortunately, people don't know the full story, that Barry traveled. It's kind of like the people that think Bush was illegally elected in 2000 because the recount was stopped. That recount was ridiculous. What people fail to note, and the press likewise failed to publicize was that Bush was never against a recount in Florida, but it should have been all the votes. The only districts that were recounted were those that were registered heavily Democratic. What kind of fair recount is that? Gee, it isn't, it was just BS by the Gore team to try to get their man elected. A recount means all the votes, and Gore didn't want Republican districts recounted, he might lose votes. It was independently confirmed later, that Bush gained votes in a recount of all districts.

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Oh, when a player shoots a jump shot, both feet leave the ground at once. That isn't a travel. It's the stationary stance that the pivot foot rule applies to.

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2008, 06:07 PM
When you are stationary, that's the rules. Once a foot is lifted, the other becomes a pivot foot. I am sure some layups are travels that are never called.

I have mentioned this before, I'll mention it again. Look at Duncan's tying 3-pointer against the Suns in last season's first round playoff game. He lifts one foot, then the other and then shoots. It could be argued he traveled, but it was a non-call. Non-calls are part of the game. It's also like when Kobe and Bibby tangled up near the end of game 6 in the 2002 WCF. Bibby grabbed Kobe first, Kobe was groping for position. His elbow swiped Bibby in the mouth. Both were at fault, but the refs just let them play. Kobe's elbow wasn't flagrant. Throwing an elbow in someone's face to clear some floor space after grabbing an rebound probably is flagrant, and could lead to a brawl, or retaliation at least.

Besides, all those old plays are history. When I made the linked thread, Kori closed it. I wasn't the 9th Laker fan to make such a thread as she noted, she wanted everyone to accept the Spurs loss and move on. Unfortunately, people don't know the full story, that Barry traveled. It's kind of like the people that think Bush was illegally elected in 2000 because the recount was stopped. That recount was ridiculous. What people fail to note, and the press likewise failed to publicize was that Bush was never against a recount in Florida, but it should have been all the votes. The only districts that were recounted were those that were registered heavily Democratic. What kind of fair recount is that? Gee, it isn't, it was just BS by the Gore team to try to get their man elected. A recount means all the votes, and Gore didn't want Republican districts recounted, he might lose votes. It was independently confirmed later, that Bush gained votes in a recount of all districts.

if you look at the angle from the benches(the one conveniently not shown in your video) he was fouled. The NBA came out and said he was fouled, but according to you they were wrong, the NBA came out and made a declaration about basketball. But only Lakers fans could see that they were wrong. Every media outlet agreed that it was a foul, (that shouldn't be called in that situation) but they were wrong and the Lakers fans were right.

Ginobli hit a 2, not a 3
Odom cleanly blocked Parker, wasn't a goaltend.
Fisher's shot hit the rim, and the 24 second clock wasn't reset.
Non-call on Barry/Fisher was in Spurs favor, because basket would have counted had it gone in.

Look at Duncan's tying 3-pointer against the Suns in last season's first round playoff game. He lifts one foot, then the other and then shoots. It could be argued he traveled, but it was a non-call. Non-calls are part of the game. It's also like when Kobe and Bibby tangled up near the end of game 6 in the 2002 WCF. Bibby grabbed Kobe first, Kobe was groping for position. His elbow swiped Bibby in the mouth. Both were at fault, but the refs just let them play. Kobe's elbow wasn't flagrant. Throwing an elbow in someone's face to clear some floor space after grabbing an rebound probably is flagrant, and could lead to a brawl, or retaliation at least.

And what do all these plays have in common?

The NBA has not come out and said it should have gone the other way. Just once have they done that, that i recall.

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 06:18 PM
if you look at the angle from the benches(the one conveniently not shown in your video) he was fouled. The NBA came out and said he was fouled, but according to you they were wrong, the NBA came out and made a declaration about basketball. But only Lakers fans could see that they were wrong. Every media outlet agreed that it was a foul, (that shouldn't be called in that situation) but they were wrong and the Lakers fans were right.

And what do all these plays have in common?

The NBA has not come out and said it should have gone the other way. Just once have they done that, that i recall.

Well, Charles Barkley came out and said the NBA shouldn't have made the statement. They were in the middle of a lot of controvesry about their officiating at the time with Donahue and no comment would have been better. They probably did it without thinking, believing that making a statement about it would satisfy the fans that they were serious about cleaning up the refereeing controversies once and for all. Admitting a mistake, whether it's right or wrong is not always the best thing to do. Moving on is. Let me ask you this though before you move on, would it have also been fair for the NBA to say that the 3 previous calls that I listed above that went in the Spurs favor should have gone the other way?

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Well, Charles Barkley came out and said the NBA shouldn't have made the statement. They were in the middle of a lot of controvesry about their officiating at the time with Donahue and no comment would have been better. They probably did it without thinking, believing that making a statement about it would satisfy the fans that they were serious about cleaning up the refereeing controversies once and for all. Admitting a mistake, whether it's right or wrong is not always the best thing to do. Moving on is. Let me ask you this though before you move on, would it have also been fair for the NBA to say that the 3 previous calls that I listed above that went in the Spurs favor should have gone the other way?

If the NBA felt that way I'm sure a statement would have been issued

Also if we are going to quote Charles Barkley, how about we say how he said it was a foul, that you dont' call, but it was still a foul.

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Are you guys still bickering over that. This is our undefeated thread. Its time to celebrate!!!

Yeah, I know. I find it sad that the truth isn't known. That's because people only read what they want and I am one of the only ones showing Barry traveled.

Barry traveled.
NBA fucked up with their statement. If you are going to list one "bad-call", list them all. That includes the 3 listed above that allowed the controversy in the first place.

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I know. I find it sad that the truth isn't known. That's because people only read what they want and I am one of the only ones showing Barry traveled.

Barry traveled.
NBA fucked up with their statement. If you are going to list one "bad-call", list them all. That includes the 3 listed above that allowed the controversy in the first place.

I'm not listing bad call I'm listing the calls the NBA has publicly disagreed with

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm not listing bad call I'm listing the calls the NBA has publicly disagreed with

Yeah, and I pointed out why the NBA made that statement. It probably also was to show they aren't biased towards the Lakers which many fans insist they are.

Let's recap this and move on:

Non-call. Basket counts if it goes.
Travel called: turnover and Lakers win.
Foul called: 3 freethrows to Barry. He'll probably make all of them, but the pressure is on. Lakers have at least 0.4 left to try to break your hearts again. If Spurs win, it's a best of 3. I still like LA's chances.

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah, and I pointed out why the NBA made that statement. It probably also was to show they aren't biased towards the Lakers which many fans insist they are.

And what proof do you have of this?

Lakers_55
11-14-2008, 06:42 PM
And what proof do you have of this?

I see it all over this forum for one:

Stern wants a Celtic/Laker final, therefore it will and did happen.
NBA allowed the trade of nothing for Gasol.
Sacramento was ripped off in game 6 of the 2002 WCF by the officials.
It's a perception that's shared by many.

I'll believe in conspiracies when more people other than Donuhue 'fess up.

jmard5
11-14-2008, 07:05 PM
You better pray Manu and Parker are back before the Lakeshow experience comes their Spurs way. Were going to beat the Spurs by 50. If they are healthy, then we will win by only 20.:lol

Your sig, man. I think I'm seeing a wrongly spelled word or something.

sook
11-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Lakers won, spurs lost.

Come on people, give credit where it is due, they are 7-0.

sexinthatsx
11-15-2008, 01:20 AM
You can start the Spurs suck ass thread tonight...:toast

You can start the lakers fucking suck because you prematurely ejaculated and karma's a bitch, while ON THE SAME NIGHT spurs won because of GEORGE HILL BABY!!!

sexinthatsx
11-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Okay, that was going too far... lakers are pretty good, but karma is still a bitch and you guys got your first loss handed to you on your home court like a day or two after this thread :toast

TheMACHINE
11-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Okay, that was going too far... lakers are pretty good, but karma is still a bitch and you guys got your first loss handed to you on your home court like a day or two after this thread :toast

No matter when it we lose, there would have been a thread stating our record anyways.

Coulda been 39-0, when we lose the 40th game, you woulda said kharma was a bitch. :king

sexinthatsx
11-15-2008, 01:31 AM
No matter when it we lose, there would have been a thread stating our record anyways.

Coulda been 39-0, when we lose the 40th game, you woulda said kharma was a bitch. :king

True, but nevertheless good run while it lasted

LakerHater
11-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Pistons played like champs tonight. Would like to see them keep it up and make a season of it. Spurs need to hurry and get healthy too.

http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/clap.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':clap:'))