PDA

View Full Version : Hunter S. Thompson Dead of Apparent Suicide

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Breaking news on CNN.com.

02-21-2005, 01:02 AM
Wouldn't suprise me, I tried to read his latest "Kingdom Of Fear", dude had a lot of issues.

GoldToe
02-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Who is Hunter S. Thompson?

CosmicCowboy
02-21-2005, 11:35 AM
I loved his books...that was one serious party animal...

tsb2000
02-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Who is Hunter S. Thompson?

He wrote "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

Medvedenko
02-21-2005, 11:47 AM
RIP HST....
The guy was a legend...too bad...however considering he lasted this long, I'll give him props. I'm just waiting for the Biopic with Johnny Depp.....

GoldToe
02-21-2005, 11:50 AM
He wrote "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

Thanks, but it didn't help. Still clueless as to who he was.

Was the above book the basis for the movie "Leaving Las Vegas"?

CosmicCowboy
02-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks, but it didn't help. Still clueless as to who he was.

Was the above book the basis for the movie "Leaving Las Vegas"?

nope

heres a quote from F&L in Las Vegas...

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive...." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"

Then it was quiet again. My attorney had taken his shirt off and was pouring beer on his chest, to facilitate the tanning process. "What the hell are you yelling about?" he muttered, staring up at the sun with his eyes closed and covered with wraparound Spanish sunglasses. "Never mind," I said. "It's your turn to drive." I hit the brakes and aimed the Great Red Shark toward the shoulder of the highway. No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

just google his name if you are interested in more...

tsb2000
02-21-2005, 01:26 PM
No, "Fear and Loathing in LV" had Johnny Depp in it. "Leaving LV" had Nicholas Cage.

jalbre6
02-21-2005, 01:29 PM
just google his name if you are interested in more...

Or better yet, go to ESPN.com and search his name internally. He's written a monthly column there for three or four years. His last story about Shotgun Golf with Bill Murray was pretty good.