PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef NY

jcrod
11-13-2008, 03:18 AM
Damn, I didn't even know there was a new season starting. Crap, missed the first episode. Anybody watch it?

leemajors
11-13-2008, 08:48 AM
i saw it. don't really have a favorite yet.

JoeChalupa
11-13-2008, 08:52 AM
I saw part of it but also don't have a favorite yet.

CuckingFunt
11-13-2008, 01:17 PM
There are still too many chefs to start picking favorites.

leemajors
11-13-2008, 01:57 PM
There are still too many chefs to start picking favorites.

true. but from the previews, the swede could be the one if he is talking shit and making trouble.

Pistons < Spurs
11-13-2008, 09:28 PM
The only one I really liked was the first woman to get booted!:lol

And I can't stand the one girl with the big hair, glasses and crazy popping eyes. Looking like Scary Spice.

CuckingFunt
11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
And I can't stand the one girl with the big hair, glasses and crazy popping eyes. Looking like Scary Spice.

The caterer? Yeah, she's a bit annoying.

leemajors
02-26-2009, 09:13 AM
worst winner ever.

JoeChalupa
02-26-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm glad Steffan didn't win it. He's good but too cocky and screwed up on his dessert. Karla would have won it easily had she not boiled her souffle. She cooks with soul!!
Hosea won with his creativity and flavors and strong menu. I was glad he won though.

JudynTX
02-26-2009, 09:28 AM
worst winner ever.

I didn't think so. Stefan was too cocky and Karla should have won it, but she screwed up not making her own dishes. That chef talked her out of making what she wanted to make, she shouldn't have changed the menu.

And I think Tom Colicchio, the judge is hot. :hat

TheProfessor
02-26-2009, 09:30 AM
worst winner ever.
Definitely felt anticlimactic. He seemed like a jealous screw-up for most of the show, but somehow pulls it out in the end (without dessert). I was pretty excited with the first episode, but this season went downhill quickly.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Easjer was not pleased with the outcome. I expect she'll be along at some point to expound on that. My most profound thought on the season is that if Carla gave Tom Colichio her glasses they'd look something like this:
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040907/040709_muppets_vsml_11a.vmedium.jpg

leemajors
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm glad Steffan didn't win it. He's good but too cocky and screwed up on his dessert. Karla would have won it easily had she not boiled her souffle. She cooks with soul!!
Hosea won with his creativity and flavors and strong menu. I was glad he won though.

ehh he messed up with the sushi. i think josea is a giant douchebag

JoeChalupa
02-26-2009, 09:33 AM
I watched most of the season and enjoyed it all. But that is just me. I was rooting for Fabio too.

JudynTX
02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Easjer was not pleased with the outcome. I expect she'll be along at some point to expound on that. My most profound thought on the season is that if Carla gave Tom Colichio her glasses they'd look something like this:
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040907/040709_muppets_vsml_11a.vmedium.jpg

:lol

So you guys don't think Padma is hot?

TheProfessor
02-26-2009, 09:35 AM

JoeChalupa
02-26-2009, 09:40 AM

She's a dish I wouldn't send back.

I Love Me Some Me
02-26-2009, 10:20 AM

Not terrible....but I'd give Gail (and her new boobs) the stiff one-eye.

Carla didn't belong anywhere near the finale. She was given way too much credit throughout the season. Stefan was easily the most talented chef, but flamed out in the last two weeks. I thought Hosea was as deserving as anyone.

leemajors
02-26-2009, 11:10 AM

she is ridiculously hot.

EmerilLagasse
02-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Not terrible....but I'd give Gail (and her new boobs) the stiff one-eye.

Carla didn't belong anywhere near the finale. She was given way too much credit throughout the season. Stefan was easily the most talented chef, but flamed out in the last two weeks. I thought Hosea was as deserving as anyone.

If you would have actually tasted Carla's cooking you would have a very, very different view. She puts love in her cooking and believe me, the judges would not have kept her if her cooking didn't back up their decisions. Trust me, one taste and BAM! , you'd be in love with her food as we were.

Dark Gable
02-26-2009, 11:27 AM
I didn't think so. Stefan was too cocky and Karla should have won it, but she screwed up not making her own dishes. That chef talked her out of making what she wanted to make, she shouldn't have changed the menu.

And I think Tom Colicchio, the judge is hot. :hat

Damn right. Karla lost it in the end and that is why she was crying.

CuckingFunt
02-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Jamie and Carla were my favorites throughout the season (and Fabio, too, but more because he was charming than because of his food), but I really couldn't stand anyone else. Hosea was a douche and Stefan was a prick the whole season.

JudynTX
02-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Damn right. Karla lost it in the end and that is why she was crying.

I loved it when Stefan had to cook that alligator. :lol

Chef Ramsay
02-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Jamie and Carla were my favorites throughout the season (and Fabio, too, but more because he was charming than because of his food), but I really couldn't stand anyone else. Hosea was a douche and Stefan was a prick the whole season.

What the bloody hell does that have to do with their abilities as a Chef!?!?!? You've got to be boisterous to get results.

MannyIsGod
02-26-2009, 12:41 PM
I really really was rooting for Carla or Fabio. I think Stefan was probably the best chef but he choked at the end just like Carla.

I'd like to eat at Carla's restraunt though.

Sunshine
02-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I was hoping Carla would pull it off, but I'm glad Hosea got it. Although Stefan seemed to be a very good chef, I wouldn't eat in his restaurant...he's an arrogant, cocky bastard.

Sunshine
02-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I really really was rooting for Carla or Fabio. I think Stefan was probably the best chef but he choked at the end just like Carla.

I'd like to eat at Carla's restraunt though.

Carla should have gone with her first instinct of doing a tart for dessert. How many times did we see her lose a challenge because she went against her own better judgement?

I'd eat at her restaurant any day. I like my food cooked with luvvvvv.

JudynTX
02-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Carla should have gone with her first instinct of doing a tart for dessert. How many times did we see her lose a challenge because she went against her own better judgement?

I'd eat at her restaurant any day. I like my food cooked with luvvvvv.

Let's not forget that Stefan had the hots for Jamee, the lesbian. :lol

Sunshine
02-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Let's not forget that Stefan had the hots for Jamee, the lesbian. :lol

And she couldn't STAND him! lol

Did you hear him asking the fortune teller about a girl named Jamie? :lol

JudynTX
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
And she couldn't STAND him! lol

Did you hear him asking the fortune teller about a girl named Jamie? :lol

:rolleyes He doesn't have a chance. :lol Yea, they cut away and didn't show Carla's or Hosea's reading.

Sunshine
02-26-2009, 02:55 PM
:rolleyes He doesn't have a chance. :lol Yea, they cut away and didn't show Carla's or Hosea's reading.

Would've been funny if the fortune teller had said "I see you getting tail in your future...."

(alligator)

JudynTX
02-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Would've been funny if the fortune teller had said "I see you getting tail in your future...."

(alligator)

:lmao Yeah, would have been funny. Could you eat all the stuff those chefs made? The majority of the food looked delicious.

FortuneCookie
02-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Lust is easy. Love is hard. Like is most important.

Lucky Numbers: 9, 15, 18, 33, 37, 44 52

Sunshine
02-26-2009, 03:06 PM
:lmao Yeah, would have been funny. Could you eat all the stuff those chefs made? The majority of the food looked delicious.

For the most part, yes, although sometimes they made some weee-rrd stuff! Carla always made "comfort" food that looked pretty damn good.

JudynTX
02-26-2009, 03:08 PM
For the most part, yes, although sometimes they made some weee-rrd stuff! Carla always made "comfort" food that looked pretty damn good.

Carla might not have won Top Chef, but she won tickets to the Super Bowl and a new car. :tu

Sunshine
02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Carla might not have won Top Chef, but she won tickets to the Super Bowl and a new car. :tu

Heck yeah! She won the challenges that counted (until the finals).

JoeChalupa
02-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Has anyone ever eaten Foie Gras? I see it used on Iron Chef and other cooking shows but I've never tried and don't have any desire to do so.

CuckingFunt
02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Has anyone ever eaten Foie Gras? I see it used on Iron Chef and other cooking shows but I've never tried and don't have any desire to do so.

I'm not a foie fan at all.

In fact, I love watching Top Chef and can appreciate the concept of a lot of the flavors they put together, but I'm way too picky and know that I wouldn't eat probably 75% of the dishes they make.

Clandestino
02-26-2009, 11:06 PM
carla sucked the first half of the show and didn't pick it up til the end. stefan or fabio shouldve won. stefan was a dumbass. probably never watched a season of top chef before and didn't have the fucking sense to not try to make a dessert...

like fabio would say, "its top chef, not top pastry chef"

i laughed my ass off when he was bitching about the scallop making bitch... "its top chef, not top scallop"

MannyIsGod
02-26-2009, 11:18 PM
carla sucked the first half of the show and didn't pick it up til the end. stefan or fabio shouldve won. stefan was a dumbass. probably never watched a season of top chef before and didn't have the fucking sense to not try to make a dessert...

like fabio would say, "its top chef, not top pastry chef"

i laughed my ass off when he was bitching about the scallop making bitch... "its top chef, not top scallop"

Funniest part of the season without a doubt.

CuckingFunt
02-27-2009, 03:03 AM
Funniest part of the season without a doubt.

My favorite was his broken English expression of frustration: "I got so much kick in my ass..." I used to date a guy from Rome and it sounded exactly like something he would have said.

SpursStalker
02-27-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm soooooooo glad Hosea won!!

He was my favorite from the beginning.

:D

Taco's Troll
02-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Carla should have planned her own menu

I think she would have won if she did

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/images/2009/01/top-chef-new-york-carla-talks-pshchological-warfare.jpg

HOO-RAY FOR THE GOOFY CHEF IN THE BIG GLASSES!!!

Taco
02-27-2009, 08:57 AM
http://www.bravotv.com/media/images/persons/carla.png
& BIG FRO!

englishspursfan
02-27-2009, 11:17 AM
in my oppinion carla did win,well she won the hearts of us all .starting of weak the judges soon warmed to her soul food which showed good exotic foods dont have to be piled high with bright colerd bullshit with the liver of a goose that gets force fed 5 kilo of grain a day.he was annoying but for me stefan was the best chef there.i love top chef an look forward to the new series.