PDA

View Full Version : Who is Tolliver??

Josepatches
11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I mean..he is 4-18 from 3 point range.That's not good but the worst thing is that he is taking 6 shots per game.Please if we want to shoot 3's then give the ball to Bowen,Finley,Udoka,bonner,Mason or even Duncan.
Tolliver could be good D but he can't make a fucking shot.

Dex
11-13-2008, 10:15 AM
The one thing that separates Tolliver from the rest of the rookies and tryouts is that he is not afraid to take his shots, and he doesn't hang his head if he misses some.

Something that can't be said of Bowen, Udoka, or Bonner. Finley doesn't have quite the same problem, but I think we've all gotten tired of watching him brick jumpers (though Mike's been lighting up the nets the past two outings).

Not only that, but Tolliver offers a lot of other intangibles, including interior presence, hustle, rebounding, and what seems to be a solid basketball IQ for a rookie.

We've seen him shoot lights out before in Summer League; unfortunately Preseason and NBA have been a slightly different story. If he can get comfortable with what he is doing out on the floor and start making those shots fall, he will be a valuable pickup.

urunobili
11-13-2008, 10:23 AM
We've seen him shoot lights out before in Summer League; unfortunately Preseason and NBA have been a way different story. If he can get comfortable with what he is doing out on the floor and start making those shots fall, he will be a valuable pickup.

Fixed

SenorSpur
11-13-2008, 10:43 AM
We've seen him shoot lights out before in Summer League; unfortunately Preseason and NBA have been a slightly different story. If he can get comfortable with what he is doing out on the floor and start making those shots fall, he will be a valuable pickup.

Personally, I believe he's valuable now. Yet, you are correct. He does need to start knocking down those open jumpers to keep defenses honest and to further justify court time. Boy, does his guy have solid passing skills, or what? He probably leads the club in "and-1" assists.

hater
11-13-2008, 10:57 AM
he was one of the bright spots last night. especially his hustle. but I agree he shoots too much. But this is the new Pop philosophy. In the last couple of years he has given green light to shoot to ANYONE in uniform.

I remeber back in the day that was not the case. If you missed 3 in a row, Pop would bench you and tell you to stop shooting if you were not Bowen or the big 3

SenorSpur
11-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I believe the shooting prowess that Tolliver showed in summer league, as well as the other intangibles he's displaying, is what is earning Tolliver a longer leash than most rooks.

benefactor
11-13-2008, 11:05 AM
I believe the shooting prowess that Tolliver showed in summer league, as well as the other intangibles he's displaying, is what is earning Tolliver a longer leash than most rooks.
Agreed. Pop is gonna keep letting him try to find his stroke as long as he keeps passing and hustling the way he has. I noticed on one play he popped out to the top of the key around 18ft and drained an open jumper. Maybe he should do that more often to see if a mid-range game better suits him.

timaios
11-13-2008, 11:06 AM
My problem with Tolliver is his obsession with the 3-pointer !
Why no 15ft or 17ft ???

Edit : benefactor... 1min before me. :p:

benefactor
11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Why no 15ft or 17ft ???

:toast

SenorSpur
11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Agreed. Pop is gonna keep letting him try to find his stroke as long as he keeps passing and hustling the way he has. I noticed on one play he popped out to the top of the key around 18ft and drained an open jumper. Maybe he should do that more often to see if a mid-range game better suits him.

Agreed. Perhaps if he gets his midrange game going, it will springboard his confidence into hitting those longer 3-pt shots.

boutons_
11-13-2008, 11:21 AM
He should quit emulating a Euro-big hanging around the arc.

Until he gets this 3G falling, if ever, he needs to play big, stay down low, RB, raise hell, defend.

Brazil
11-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Why no 15ft or 17ft ???

I think that this is what Pop is asking : 3-pointers.

peacemaker885
11-13-2008, 11:35 AM
I think that this is what Pop is asking : 3-pointers.

Yeah, and from what has been written before, I think Pop just wants these guys to shoot. I mean its like we are on a cycle in every game, score - drought - score - drought. Its just sad when we have the drought at the 4th.

Josepatches
11-14-2008, 09:09 PM
One more 3 point shot missed!