PDA

View Full Version : Worst half-time show in the history of half time shows

IcemanCometh
02-21-2005, 03:15 AM
So let's see...a league that is overwhelmingly black, you are going to trot out Leann Rimes and some douchebags named Big and fucking Rich?

I think the producer said "You guys are pretty good and all, but let's spice this up and put a half-disabled midget on the stage too. Yeah, this is gonna be awesome. I love midgets."

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050221/i/r3035529722.jpg

nice costume asshole

dcole50
02-21-2005, 04:26 AM
barkley making fun of the show was hilarious.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-21-2005, 04:58 AM
hahahaha that midget was the coolest part of the halftime show for sure

SLOVENIAN 8
02-21-2005, 05:09 AM
Last year it was better show!

Experiment2100
02-21-2005, 06:46 AM
That's pop's fault.

TDMVPDPOY
02-21-2005, 06:50 AM
the nba shouldve just told drob mate have u got ur saxophone with yah atm or sumwhere in the back? half time show is dead, we need u to spice it up with sum blues...

what i would like to see next year is have nba players who knows how to play musical instruments entertain at halftime, they probly have other skills then bball. a band of ballers playing music, sum balled on the turntable, devin brown on the dance floor pullin usher moves....

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 06:56 AM
Hey Denver is country, just like San antonio is tejano :lol

SLOVENIAN 8
02-21-2005, 07:05 AM

Yes and LA is city of shit!!!

whottt
02-21-2005, 07:27 AM
http://www.reginaexhibition.com/charlie%20pride%20photo%20lg.JPG

Is anybody goin to San Antone? I need to broaden ice's horizons.

whottt
02-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Bwahahahahah...it's actually kind of funny. Suck though they do...Big and Rich are some kind of bastardized form of rap.

Payback is a bitch.

HIP HOOPERS
02-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Can anybody tell me more (beside the fact that they suck) about that "Thunder squad" or whatever that was dunkin' during halftime? I mean if that's the best NBA dunking team... That was just LAIME! There are minimum 3 groups like that here in Slo that can do a much better show and better dunks!
Come on Kori, pull some strings and get my team for the playoffs to the San antonio and WE'LL show you how to make a show!!!!

SLOVENIAN 8
02-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Can anybody tell me more (beside the fact that they suck) about that "Thunder squad" or whatever that was dunkin' during halftime? I mean if that's the best NBA dunking team... That was just LAIME! There are minimum 3 groups like that here in Slo that can do a much better show and better dunks!
Come on Kori, pull some strings and get my team for the playoffs to the San antonio and WE'LL show you how to make a show!!!!

Yea!! HipHooper you and your team are 100x better :smokin that one yesterday on All Star game. They din`t do nothing special!
The best part was when Cris Tucker dancing :lol and the refs!! :lol

Go HIP HOOPERS!!!! :smokin :king :king
http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010502200922340-8-0-3-1.jpg

kginsa
02-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Gee, I came to the conclusion that Rasho Nesterovic was to blame for the Western Conference loss......AND the shitty half-time show.... :lol

Rummpd
02-21-2005, 08:51 AM
The whole around the game thing was just too much.

The only classy things were the military thing with David and Grant Hill's beautiful wife singing the Canadian anthem.

She has more class in every bone of her beautiful persona then all of "Destiny Child" and the like and also has a beautiful voice.

A final comment if I here one more comment about the athletism of todays 7 footer being unheard of I will puke. Wilt Chamberlain was a track star and a high jumper, David Robinson was an athletic stud, and there were other athletic big men including Spencer Haywood. Just because some 7 footers play a softer game and shoot more from the outside does not make them more "athletic". These commentators just do not know history.

KEDA
02-21-2005, 09:25 AM
the midget is two foot Fred, he is part of the grup and tours with them nationally!

actually I liked them when they opened up for Tim McGraw, they were pretty good. But Ill be the first to admit that the halftime show blew!

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Can we all just agree that there should never, ever be a rapping cowboy? Especially one that mixes English and Spanish.

finched
02-21-2005, 09:28 AM
"the person who set up this halftime show better get his resume ready. this is a hip hop weekend... this ain't nascar!"

---charles barkley

Shelly
02-21-2005, 09:42 AM
She has more class in every bone of her beautiful persona then all of "Destiny Child" and the like and also has a beautiful voice.

Destiney's Child is known to lip synch also, and they did just that last nght. I spotted one of them miss her cue on the mic and if they were jumping up and down while singing, their voices would probably be a little wobbly. AND--they sound just like their record!

But then again, I'm sure the male species watching weren't paying attention to the singing :spin

blackbucket
02-21-2005, 12:45 PM
The vast majority of people who buy the tickets and watch are not hip hop. They simply tried to cater to the people who pay the bills. Whether or not they failed is up for debate.

maxpower
02-21-2005, 12:49 PM
So let's see...a league that is overwhelmingly black,

The customers are not....like BB said.

GrandeDavid
02-21-2005, 01:05 PM
The Slovenian just smacked LakerGod in the teeth, yet, as usual, LakerGod goes silent.

Clandestino
02-21-2005, 01:16 PM
the halftime show was more entertaining tha paul boring ass in the super bowl

Medvedenko
02-21-2005, 01:34 PM
It would have been cool to see Linkin Park and Jay Z play a few tunes...more fitting to the proceedings...but Big and Rich....pass please.

Useruser666
02-21-2005, 02:20 PM
That made the Super Bowl halftime show look good. Although it was less boring.

Who was the girl that sang the lull abye and played the guitar before the game?

foodie2
02-21-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't know who she was, but John Denver is probably turning over in his grave after hearing her butcher "Rocky Mountain High."

Clandestino
02-21-2005, 03:11 PM
That made the Super Bowl halftime show look good. Although it was less boring.

Who was the girl that sang the lull abye and played the guitar before the game?

the halftime show sucked, but it was entertaining.. i was cracking up... 6'5" black cowboy rapper???? 2' midget!!! crazy ?cowboys?...i was dying.. it was more entertaining then being put to sleep my the superbowl halftime show though...

conversekid
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
So let's see...a league that is overwhelmingly black,

The players may be... but the majority of your season ticket holders are conservative WASP'ers... you may want to see hip hop.. but I doubt old money that is ranching/banking/etc wants to...

Kori Ellis
02-21-2005, 08:06 PM
They simply tried to cater to the people who pay the bills. Whether or not they failed is up for debate.

They failed. That half-time show couldn't have appealed to anyone. People were wincing and squirming in their seats. It was horrendous.

usckk
02-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Can't be worse than the CBS Championship halftime show with Ashelee Simpson can it?

SequSpur
02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
An NBA game does not have a long enough halftime to set up a band and perform for real.

Thanks to Janet Jackson, you can count on stupid half time shows for years to come.

conversekid
02-21-2005, 08:44 PM
They failed. That half-time show couldn't have appealed to anyone. People were wincing and squirming in their seats. It was horrendous.

It was awful... It was like a train wreck... horrible to watch, but you couldn't take your eyes off it...

LilMissSPURfect
02-21-2005, 09:57 PM

and LA is Mohows!

LakerGod
02-22-2005, 12:40 AM
and LA is Mohows!
San Antonio is not far behind when it comes to Mohows!

Mr. Body
02-22-2005, 12:57 AM
Incredibly awful. Painful to watch. I can't see how anybody could like that trainwreck and I seriously question whoever greenlighted that band for anything, much less at a major event. Any other evidence that contemporary country is utterly bankrupt of ideas?

whottt
02-22-2005, 02:53 AM
As a person who despises rap/hiphop and country equally...the fusion of which shall henceforth be known as "crap" :smokin...I don't see how running a bunch of hiphop shit out there is going to be any more appealing...it isn't to me. It's just endless suck.

All those forms of music tend to be trendy and attract one hit wonder type artists...

But I will tell you a trend I have noticed with high school kids...in Dallas and Austin there is a huge crossover demographic that like country...and rap. That trend started first...and after the trend began you started seeing crossovers like Nellie/Tim McGraw thing and Big & Rich.

My girlfriend has two high school age kids, who listen to hard rap and country and they go absolutely apeshit over Big & Rich.

While we all may think Big & Rich suck...someone is buying their records big time and it's not traditional country music fans...it's kids..and I think that's who the NBA was trying to attract. Adults are too set in their ways to buy into this type of fusion...but kids aren't.

Remember...if you are an adult and think a certain type of music is absolute shit...that means two things....young kids love it universally, and you are getting old.

Incidentally, I refer to this trend as hell on earth, and if you ever have the misfortune to be stuck in a car with a radio addicted teenager that blasts your ear drums out with alternating gangsta rap and plastic country...you will know why I call it hell on earth.

whottt
02-22-2005, 03:06 AM
. Any other evidence that contemporary country is utterly bankrupt of ideas?

As opposed to hiphop and rap, 99% of which is nothing more than samples of 20 year old songs with raps about bitch slapping ho's and busting a cap in a mofo, put to them.

Sorry, most hiphop and rap is just as shitty and even more creatively bankrupt.

Country sucks...but hiphop and rap aint all that either. And I think it's laughable that some think if this show had that type of music it would have had more popular appeal. You need to check the ratings from last years show.....To me it would have sucked just as badly, and I am Joe Typical American.

Personally, I liked Janet Jackson's tit show. I could live without her singing, but if she wants to get out there and strip down, I say go for it, but she better do it before gravity kicks in.

ZStomp
02-22-2005, 03:07 AM
How about some Rock?

Spurminator
02-22-2005, 09:56 AM
These event organizers need to learn that Less is More. Do we really NEED a halftime show? Do we really NEED a 20 minute opening ceremony with a performance by Destiny's Child? Things like that annoy more people than they entertain.

Useruser666
02-22-2005, 11:30 AM
They should just show the pee-wee basketball championship game at the half.

duncan2k5
02-22-2005, 03:00 PM
for the next all star game half time show they should just put LakerGod to stand in the middle of the court for 20 minutes...I guarantee it would evoke laughter.

Blazer16
02-22-2005, 03:05 PM
These event organizers need to learn that Less is More. Do we really NEED a halftime show? Do we really NEED a 20 minute opening ceremony with a performance by Destiny's Child? Things like that annoy more people than they entertain.
Exactly.

Shelly
02-22-2005, 03:11 PM
for the next all star game half time show they should just put LakerGod to stand in the middle of the court for 20 minutes...I guarantee it would evoke laughter.

:rollin

pjjrfan
02-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey I liked that show, I thought that last number was alright, I'm an old rock and roller but it seemed that those country guys know how to put on a show.

Blazer16
02-22-2005, 08:31 PM
If they were still going to the country road, I would've preferred Tim McGraw, Lonestar, or Randy Travis to Big&Rich. It just seems to me that B&R can't make up their minds what style they want to be. It isn't pure anything.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2005, 08:44 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000001A9U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Tour Booking:
CEG - Fred Hansen
485 Madison Ave.
21st Floor
NY, NY 10022
Ph: 212.921.2190

:drunk