PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Boozer to the Lakers!

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 04:58 AM
Pending league approval, Carlos Boozer will be a Laker this week,

The deal will send Caron Butler, Divac and George to Utah.

Here we come NBA!

Streakyshooter08
02-21-2005, 05:14 AM
This is a good trade for the Lakers. I still don't know why Utah did it? Do they open up cap space? I think they could have gotten more than Vlade, Butler and Gerorge...

TheWriter
02-21-2005, 05:35 AM
When Haley is your only source for the info... you're in trouble.

Lakers will still suck balls if they get Boozer.

LakerGod
02-21-2005, 05:38 AM
When Haley is your only source for the info... you're in trouble.

Lakers will still suck balls if they get Boozer.Well, at least we now have inside presence and unless the Spurs get rid of Rashoooooouuuu, you are screwed!

TheWriter
02-21-2005, 05:55 AM
Yeah... 41-12...

What is the Lakers record?

And last time I checked, the Spurs last year with Rasho played the best D in Spurs history.

You a f'king moron.

Whenis Kori or LJ going to ban you?

SpursWoman
02-21-2005, 07:15 AM
Pending league approval, Carlos Boozer will be a Laker this week.

I hope they get it in writing. :)

Rummpd
02-21-2005, 07:18 AM
YAWN!

Boozer = a major dissapointment for Utah period. Jack Ramsey made a statement to that effect that in "the West he just cannot be dominant like in the East and that Utah has realized his upside is not what they expected".

Relax, the Lakers also giving up a major talent in Butler etc.

No Worries.

The_Game
02-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Boozer is putting up 19 and 9 on 52% shooting..he will give the lakers much needed points in the paint and rebounds. Odom can move to the small forward position which is his natural spot on the floor. Great deal for the Lakers, they didn't have to give up much to get a very good PF. They instantly become a top 5-6 team with this trade. Kobe, Odom and Boozer is one hell of a trio.

2Cleva
02-21-2005, 07:26 AM
LA still doesn't have the stud big man like Duncan, Garnett, Amare but I'll take the frontline of Odom, Boozer and Mihm when they have Kobe on the perimeter.

Only thing missing is a point guard and shotblocker off the bench. Plus, the entire team is young. Can't expect much more in such a short time of rebuilding.

orhe
02-21-2005, 08:30 AM
that's great for the lakers...now if you can get a decent PG

Rummpd
02-21-2005, 08:32 AM
No Boozer trade? Miller and Jazz GM deny it (apparently a Boozer/Harpring for Odom/Butler trade). First they've heard of it. Miller went on air in Utah minutes before Haley.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jazzmeister05:
The Utah Jazz owner Larry Miller was jsut on the local sports how on TV. He was asked if there was any truth to the Boozer rumor and he said they first time he heard about it was when he read it in the paper this morning. Then he said he called Jazz GM Kevin O'Connor (who is in Denver) and asked him. O'Connor said he had know clue about it and that he had talked to Kupchak the day before at a owners meeting.

The truth is there is no truth to these rumors. I don't know where it started but Boozer is staying here in Utah. Looks liek Jack Haley will be losing his job after all.

It's saddening to see all of this speculation over it and it not to happen.

Bottom line nothing but a rumor gone too far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just off the press from www.lakersground.net,

Too bad, not that it would have truly helped the Lakers that much.

2Cleva
02-21-2005, 12:52 PM
The Jazz owner and their GM also swore up and down they weren't trading Carlos Arroyo until they sent him packing to Detroit.

ALVAREZ6
02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Well, at least we now have inside presence and unless the Spurs get rid of Rashoooooouuuu, you are screwed!

Considering Duncan will own Boozer, even if the trade does go down.....but apparently it's just a rumor you stupid purple and piss fan!!

GrandeDavid
02-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Boozer sucks! OVERAAAAAAAATED, dah, dah, dah-dah-dah, OVERAAAAAAATED!!!!

Medvedenko
02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Yes TD would own Boozer...but it will still move LO to SF and Boozer can bang with TD better than LO could. TD is a special player, you don't stop him, you try to contain him by getting the other players involved and making them play away from their comfort zones. If this trade goes through, I'll be a happy Laker Fan...more balance for my boys.

sa_butta
02-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Boozer aint going to get the Fakers through the playoffs. Still have no bench and no Point Guard. Giving up Butler would be a mistake.

Medvedenko
02-21-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't believe getting Boozer would get them through the playoffs either...it's still better than Butler being at the 3. Considering we have 30 SF's on the roster right now, and giving LO to play his natural position would do wonders for his game. Also this would give us a low post presence. Once the tri is stabalized and Phil is coaching next year...this team can start contending sooner than later.

Dre_7
02-21-2005, 01:40 PM
If LA makes the playoffs, they still wont go farther then the 1st or 2nd round, even with Boozer.

Medvedenko
02-21-2005, 01:48 PM
You're right....oh and thanks for the Jesus advertisement...

Dre_7
02-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Np

bravemouse
02-21-2005, 02:51 PM
It is official: Lakergod is too stupid to be allowed to participate in this forum!

There is no need to explain this finding any further.

Tom_Foolery
02-21-2005, 03:37 PM
This gives the Lakers another post up player, probably moves Odom back to SF. I think it makes the Lakers much tougher half-court team, but Boozer isn't exactly the greatest post up player. It gives the Lakers a better rebounding squad, but I'm not sure if Odom(if they move him back to SF) can guard guys like Manu(in certain lineups) or even Tmac. I don't think he has the lateral movement to stay infront of them.

I think it makes the Lakers better and worse in some areas. I think it makes them a better half-court team, but it makes them a slower team as well as probably a weaker defensive team if the do move Odom back to SF. If they play Boozer at SF, I think they'd be in alot of trouble because he's slower than Odom.

I think the trade outweighs the negative, but I don't think Boozer is a guy that can get them out of the 1st round.

Big problem was Lakers bench, or lack thereof. This makes their bench even more slim. They really don't have a completely natural SF. Odom's gained a ton of weight since he last played SF.

I think they've gotten less athletic. Boozer also can't create much on his own very well except in the post.

I view this as the same reason why Malik Rose doesn't play SF very often. Malik's not athletic enough to guard the perimeter and other SFs. Malik is a great rebounder and IMO a much better offensive player than Boozer.

Actually, given the minutes, I bet you if Malik was playing the same amount of minutes on the Jazz, Malik would probably outscore, outrebound, and have equal or better stats than Boozer.

But I'm not about to risk playing Malik at SF. It would make our team much less athletic.

You probably will see more teams score on the Lakers, but the Lakers improve on the boards.

On paper it obviously looks better. In reality, it makes the Lakers less athletic, weaker on the bench, less athletic defensively, but a better rebounding team.

I don't know if Boozer is the guy they need. They're already a top 5 rebounding team. In my opinion, I think it makes them slower on the defensive side.

Not sure what the Lakers are trying to accomplish here.

Medvedenko
02-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Well, good points.
The Lakers are one of the worst defensive teams in the L at this time and lack the toughness on the inside. They are a pretty weak team overal. Technically, if the trade does go through it's basically Butler for Boozer. Divac and George haven't played all season so they still have the same bench...albeit substandard. They could get Kobe to guard the quicker players while try to contain players in the post. It's interesting...not going to put them over the top, however they do have too many SF's already....nothing wrong with trading for a legit 4 while moving Odom to 3. Remember once Phil comes back, we can have our Kobe, Odom and Boozer....ala Jordan, Pippen, Hgrant (Rodman)...not saying they are any better, but comparable.

CosmicCowboy
02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Remember once Phil comes back,

pretty big assumption considering Phil can't stand Kobe and roasted him in his book...

ShoogarBear
02-21-2005, 04:17 PM
If the Lakers get Boozer for three minimal contributors, it's an huge upgrade no matter how you look at it.

The real question is WTF does Utah ever do this?

MannyIsGod
02-21-2005, 04:17 PM
You know, the more watered down this forum gets, the more I long for the days of Marcus v. Ghost.

This trade isn't happening, because Utah isn't stupid.

You don't trade down in size, especially when you have a more then servicable big in Carlos Boozer. He's not a superstar, but he is better than 80% of big men in this leauge. And he's YOUNG.

SLOVENIAN 8
02-21-2005, 04:33 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap.php

FearDaFro
02-21-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm glad. Maybe the Lakers will actually put up a FIGHT for once on thursday.....I mean I'm getting a little tired of my boys easily hammering LA..... ie. last thursday......the NBA finals....could they at least last till halftime?

Medvedenko
02-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Enjoy your team buddy...they are pretty good....but 1 ring is all they're going to get.

FearDaFro
02-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Enjoy your team buddy...they are pretty good....but 1 ring is all they're going to get.

Thats one more than Gary or Karl.....or Kobe from now on without shaq.....

fear the :fro .

Tek_XX
02-21-2005, 04:51 PM
I love hearing Laker fans sounding so desperate for anything.

SequSpur
02-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Again, another trade yielding a decent player for peanuts and the Spurs are content with Nestorowuss.

ducks
02-21-2005, 08:25 PM
dude has this trade happened????????????????????????????????

usckk
02-21-2005, 08:29 PM
NO! Everyone here is talking as if this trade as already happened. Unless it's on ESPN, it has not happened.

ducks
02-21-2005, 08:30 PM
I know it did not happen

I doubt spurs and jazz would ever trade with each other
but I still think this rumor was put out by the jazz to see if anyone else would offer better deals

SequSpur
02-21-2005, 08:32 PM
They were discussing this on the radio also as if it had happened.

orhe
02-21-2005, 08:38 PM
btw, where's marcus nowadays?

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-21-2005, 09:08 PM
I don't get it on Utah's side. Not only do they get considerably worse, but they only get one white guy out of the deal. WTF?

missmyzte
02-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Eric Pincus just reported on the radio that he has a contact in the Lakers that said that Mitch just told the players that the Boozer trade is off but that a trade WILL happen before the deadline.

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Why is Odom's name in the mix for being traded? Does he not get along with Kobe, or is it just that he's their most tradeable commodity?

TheWriter
02-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Malik for Brain Grant, Divac, and a hotdog!!! Please... oh god let it be so!

:rolleyes

missmyzte
02-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Why is Odom's name in the mix for being traded? Does he not get along with Kobe, or is it just that he's their most tradeable commodity?

You have to give talent to get talent. Lakers have 2 needs, a strong big man or a strong PG. Odom is playing out of position right now, he's a 3 playing as a 4 and can't score without the ball and doesn't like to play inside.

That said, I don't think Odom will be traded, I think it's Caron that's going to go.

TheWriter
02-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Lakers will still not make the playoffs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-22-2005, 12:40 AM

He doesn't get along with Kobe - he likes to shoot the ball too. All Kobe wants is a bunch of guys who will defer to his sorry ass.

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 12:43 AM
That said, I don't think Odom will be traded, I think it's Caron that's going to go.

Is there demand for Caron at all? If you are in dire need of talent, I think you have to give up Odom. Odom>>>Butler. So you could get a lot more back.

LakerGod
02-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Lakers will still not make the playoffs.
Jealousy at its best!

You will eat crow!

missmyzte
02-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Is there demand for Caron at all? If you are in dire need of talent, I think you have to give up Odom. Odom>>>Butler. So you could get a lot more back.

He's young, energetic and explosive, he's got a lot to prove and would be a good piece for a team that needs a SF. The Lakers have too many SF's as it is and have more of a need to keep Odom. The team balance would be better to move Butler and put Odom at the 3, Boozer at the 4 and Mihm in the middle. I'd still prefer to get a strong PG but, we'll see what they end up with.

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Odom at the 3, Boozer at the 4 and Mihm in the middle

That would be a solid lineup, if you could swing it. I like both Odom and Boozer.

Strong PG's are hard to come by. If you can strengthen at other spots, you can get by at PG.

missmyzte
02-22-2005, 01:06 AM
True, strong PG's are hard to come by ... by our backup PG right now has a nickname of Tierr-able, what does that tell you? lol

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 01:35 AM
our backup PG right now has a nickname of Tierr-able

Sad.

Maybe you can pick up someone from the NBDL. :lol

missmyzte
02-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Sad.

Maybe you can pick up someone from the NBDL. :lol

That's where we got him from ... he was the MVP of the NBDL if I'm remembering correctly.

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 01:55 AM
Yes, he was. That's why I said that.

Seriously though, there's probably some guys out there that can fill the backup role better than Tierre. Your scouts need to get scouting.

whottt
02-22-2005, 02:07 AM
I think if the Lakers can get Jackson to come back they will be back in business as title contenders...I actually was beginning to think that before they even pulled off the Boozer trade.

If Phil comes back I think a lot of people will realize that the guy is an awesome coach. I hate his guts, but he is a great coach.

He may not be the best X's and O's coach but he's a great motivator and his teams are always supremely confident. There's a reason he's got 9 rings...and it's not just because of the talent he had...a lot of coaches have had talent, they haven't won 9 rings.

So now you add Boozer to the mix to rebound and you all of a sudden have a team that is starting to resemble the old Bulls...with Kobe in the Jordan role, Odom in the Pippen role, and Boozer in the Ho Grant/Rodman role.

Kinda scary...I know Kobe isn't Jordan...but neither is anyone else in the NBA at this time so that point is moot. If Phil comes back it'll be "on" again.

Man In Black
02-22-2005, 02:07 AM
Your scouts need to get scouting
They needed to do that YEARS AGO. Who have they drafted since 1995 that is worth talking about as a serious performer? Other than Kobe Bryant...NOBODY.
Their scouting has nothing to show for all their actions when compared to San Antonio's results.

TheWriter
02-22-2005, 02:09 AM
Whott, there is no trade going sdown with Boozer.

whottt
02-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Hmm I must have missed the announcement that the trade was bogus. I thought it was already a confirmed and done deal...at least that's what I read at LG.Net earlier today.

If not...good. I'm not ready for the Lakers to get back in the title hunt just yet. I want to see the Spurs rack up about 4 or 5 titles first. We'd probably have at least two more titles right now if not for them grrrrr...dammit.

If Phil doesn't come back, even better. I think Phil will be able to turn Kobe and Odom into a powerful team.

TheWriter
02-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Along with the announcement by the Lakers GM that no trade with Boozer is happening. You also missed the announcement the Lakers made about their current head coach saying on until the end of the season.

texbumTHElife
02-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Your scouts need to get scouting.

The Lakers/Knicks are like the Yankees of the NBA. They are not interested in scouting and growing their own talent. They want other people to grow the talent and then they want to throw money at them. Kobe is the only exception to that rule and if I am not mistaken wasnt the logo still running the show when they got Kobe?

Bottom line is that at some point every team has to re-build. You can prolong it all you want but the sooner you swallow your gut and start the process the better off you will be.

The Hawks for example tried desperately for about 8 years to bring in talent. Now they are finally begining to come to grips with their situation. They set themselves back 5 years in my opinion with their dillusions of getting back to the top in a hurry. Oh and go back to the old unis please!

whottt
02-22-2005, 02:31 AM
Along with the announcement by the Lakers GM that no trade with Boozer is happening. You also missed the announcement the Lakers made about their current head coach saying on until the end of the season.

Hmm I am still reading confirmations at some Laker sites that the trade has in fact gone through.

As for the coach, I don't recall ever claiming that their head coach wasn't going to finish the season. In fact I thought it was documented long ago that Phil said he wouldn't return to coaching this season....

But I do have a strong hunch that Phil is going to go back to LA, and I think Kobe wants him to come back.

They are running the triangle again, at Kobe's behest, that is a very telling sign because that was always the biggest source of conflict with Phil and Kobe. Kobe hated it, but I think he's figured out that he hates being an also-ran even more...I think he's realized what I have always known...that it takes more than talent to win in the NBA, and that Phil Jackson's 9 rings are no fluke.

Phil will be back with the Lakers if Kobe gives him authority...something I think Kobe would rather do than lose.

missmyzte
02-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Coaching situation: Frank Hamblen has the reigns for the rest of the seaon. If and when PJ returns, it would be in the off-season. His girlfriend is even saying it's unlikely (and she wants him back the most) so I'm hoping it doesn't happen. However, Kurt Rambus and Brian Shaw were just placed in as assistant coaches so take that as you will.

The Boozer trade: Still a possibility, only one unconfirmed source right now says that it's off. Jack Haley was nowhere to be found on tonight's SCSR but they were still talking about the trade like it was a possibility. Word has it that there will be a trade of some sort and Devean George sounds like he knows he's the one that's going away for sure (thank goodness!).

The Triangle: Now called 'The Overload', I don't care what they call it and honestly, their offense isn't all that bad. It's the D that sucks, that's what they really need to spend their time working on.

Okay, that's my Lakers scoop of the moment, I really need to get some sleep.

Rummpd
02-22-2005, 06:18 AM
Leave it the Lakers to F*&^ up even a trade these days, what a sublime travesty that once glorious franchise has become.

THE TRUTH LAKERS FANS = NO SHAQ = NO PARADES, get over it.

MadDoc

ladiesman
02-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Jealousy at its best!

I think Lakerjunk just told us the reason he hangs around this forum.....