PDA

View Full Version : Our old backup PG

MoSpur
11-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Had 30 points last night. He also had seven assists with one turnover. No...not Speedy Claxton. No...not Mike Wilks. Yes Beno Udrih. Everyone's favorite here had a career night.

Dex
11-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Motherfucker waited for me to drop him out of my fantasy team before he decides to start playing.

Typical. :pctoss

Dre_7
11-13-2008, 03:15 PM
It really doesnt matter what he does in Sac. He couldnt do it in SA, so who cares?

MoSpur
11-13-2008, 03:16 PM
I find it funny this dude is putting up points like that. He's always had talent.

jrmp317
11-13-2008, 03:19 PM
different style of play that fits Beno

mVp
11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Against the Clippers...

hater
11-13-2008, 04:08 PM
nobody here gives a shit. he sucked here in SA that's all that matters

urunobili
11-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Against the Clippers...

Baron Davis? Hello?

mVp
11-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Baron Davis? Hello?

1-7 hello?? the Clippers sucks...

Obstructed_View
11-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Good for Sacramento. As one of the biggest Beno supporters when he was here I can say I'm truly glad he's gone.

SpurSupremacist
11-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Every time Beno balls like this, I just want to do a Tiger Woods fist pump right in Popobitch and R.C. Failford's faces.

mrspurs
11-13-2008, 05:19 PM
I find it funny this dude is putting up points like that. He's always had talent.

Always had. Still has. And will continue to have wherever he goes. Its just to bad him and Pop couldnt get along. Beno easily hasnt been replaced. And it would be nice to have a backup who could do everything the spurs need right now from his position.

SpursFan0728
11-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Against the Clippers...

I bet JV couldn't do it against them

Texas_Ranger
11-13-2008, 05:39 PM
I bet JV couldn't do it against them

I bet that if Vaugn would play 48 min. against them, he'd still have like 4 points!:hat

kace
11-13-2008, 06:14 PM

he has the talent to average 12.8 ppg at 46 % and 4.2 apg for 32 minutes per game. It's what he did last year. it's the only talent he has and will ever have.

most of NBA players can put great numbers in an only game.

but some posters seem to like starting a thread for every good game a former spurs has. LAME.

mVp
11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
but some posters seem to like starting a thread for every good game a former spurs has. LAME.

Yeah, I really don't understand that... he's not a Spur anymore, get over it.

mrspurs
11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
he has the talent to average 12.8 ppg at 46 % and 4.2 apg for 32 minutes per game. It's what he did last year. it's the only talent he has and will ever have.

most of NBA players can put great numbers in an only game.

That isnt true at all. If someone started a thread for everytime beno had a good game. There would be alot of threads started.

benefactor
11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack

Obstructed_View
11-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Every time Beno balls like this, I just want to do a Tiger Woods fist pump right in Popobitch and R.C. Failford's faces.

What do you want to do when he comes into the Heat game with a hangover and goes 1-7 with five turnovers and the team loses by 26?

Trainwreck2100
11-13-2008, 10:42 PM
i opened this thinking it was a vaughn thread

Punkkboy44
11-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Phila..u r sooo sooo right..PT..and the fact that we have Vaughn playing 20 minutes the other night makes me VOMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurtacus
11-14-2008, 12:00 AM
nobody here gives a shit. he sucked here in SA that's all that matters

He did, but we also won two championships with him on the roster.

ducks
11-14-2008, 12:01 AM
in sa he would have been hurt

anakha
11-14-2008, 12:02 AM

What do you do when Beno has a bad game?

Curl up in a fetal position with your fingers plugging your ears?

Pero
11-14-2008, 02:16 AM
1-7 hello?? the Clippers sucks...

Beno>Clips>Bucks>Spurs... :lol
The sad thing is, Beno is the best backup PG the Spurs have had in the last 5 years.

SpurSupremacist
11-14-2008, 02:25 AM
What do you do when Beno has a bad game?

Curl up in a fetal position with your fingers plugging your ears?

No, what I do is I look at Jacque Vaughn's profile on NBA.com and have a good laugh. Then, I look at Beno's and see 13 and 4 to go along with 3 boards last season in 32 minutes, shooting 46% and 39% from 3.

anakha
11-14-2008, 02:41 AM
No, what I do is I look at Jacque Vaughn's profile on NBA.com and have a good laugh. Then, I look at Beno's and see 13 and 4 to go along with 3 boards last season in 32 minutes, shooting 46% and 39% from 3.

:lol

Oh yes, last season. When Beno was in a contract year.

Right.

mattyc
11-14-2008, 02:45 AM
Well, I was expecting Anthony Carter.

SpurSupremacist
11-14-2008, 02:45 AM

Oh yes, last season. When Beno was in a contract year.

Right.

No. When he got sufficient playing time. AKA more than 10 minutes per game.

anakha
11-14-2008, 02:55 AM
No. When he got sufficient playing time. AKA more than 10 minutes per game.

So are you arguing Beno not getting sufficient playing time was entirely on the coaching staff, and had nothing to do with Beno being out of shape his last season with the Spurs?

SpurSupremacist
11-14-2008, 03:21 AM
So are you arguing Beno not getting sufficient playing time was entirely on the coaching staff, and had nothing to do with Beno being out of shape his last season with the Spurs?

It had everything to do with the head coach, who does not know how to develop players, yes.

anakha
11-14-2008, 03:30 AM
It had everything to do with the head coach, who does not know how to develop players, yes.

So it's Popovich's fault Beno did not physically take care of himself and showed up that season out of shape.

:lmao

SpurSupremacist
11-14-2008, 04:16 AM
So it's Popovich's fault Beno did not physically take care of himself and showed up that season out of shape.

Being out of shape is overrated. If you can play, you can play. Getting back into shape happens rather quickly, especially at the NBA level. Maybe if he got more run on the court he'd keep himself in shape a bit more.

Doesn't really matter, because Sacramento is reaping the benefits of San Antonio's shitty, overrated front office/coaching staff now. Matter of fact, the only coach that deserves praise on this staff is Chip, for improving Tim's free throw shooting last season, and giving Parker a respectable jump shot.

anakha
11-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Being out of shape is overrated. If you can play, you can play. Getting back into shape happens rather quickly, especially at the NBA level. Maybe if he got more run on the court he'd keep himself in shape a bit more.

Using that argument, there's no excuse for Beno letting himself go out of shape.

You don't need NBA game minutes to keep in shape.

Trying to blame the coaching staff and front office for that happening is frankly ridiculous.

mrspurs
11-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Yo spursupremacist, your right as can be. anakha is clueless. anakha is always clueless.

anakha
11-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Yo spursupremacist, your right as can be. anakha is clueless. anakha is always clueless.

If that were the case, then the whole board is clueless.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79721

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72888

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

manufor3
11-14-2008, 07:54 AM
i thought u were talking about jv cuz of the word "old"

peskypesky
11-14-2008, 08:23 AM
It really doesnt matter what he does in Sac. He couldnt do it in SA, so who cares?

Not really. His stats in Sacramento are the same per minute as they were in SA.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/u/udrihbe01.html

He hasn't become a better player....he's just getting more minutes. I still blame Pop for not cultivating Beno. The kid has talent. Not Tony Parker talent, but definitely more than Jacque Vaughn.

MoSpur
11-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I would have liked Beno to work out no doubt, but for some reason Pop ran out of patience. I don't honestly know if it was Beno's fault or Pop just not liking him for some reason. I think Beno had more to do with it. Pop actually gave that dude a lot of time to develop and he was always injured.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Some guys fit some places, some guys don't. Bruce Bowen couldn't hold on to a roster spot with a few clubs before landing here. Beno had talent but he was most definitely not one of Pop's kind of guys.

Budkin
11-14-2008, 10:31 AM
It's only because there's no pressure on him now. The Kings aren't going anywhere. Fact is the guy sucks ass under pressure on a winning team. He couldn't hack it in Pop's system.

mrspurs
11-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Some guys fit some places, some guys don't. Bruce Bowen couldn't hold on to a roster spot with a few clubs before landing here. Beno had talent but he was most definitely not one of Pop's kind of guys.

Perfectly put. +1

Obstructed_View
11-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Beno has more talent than Tony Parker, but he's a lazy turd, and he has no will to win or competetive spirit. He's mentally weak, he's a pampered crybaby and he will never improve his game. I wish the Spurs could have gotten something more for him, or at least not picked up his fucking option, but he was NEVER going to be the type of guy who did well as a Spur, and the only contribution he made to either championship when he was here was by keeping his mouth shut and collecting his paychecks.

dav4463
11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I miss Beno.

ploto
11-14-2008, 04:19 PM
I definitely miss this Beno--
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0806/nba.top.free.agents/images/beno-udrih.jpg

Obstructed_View
11-14-2008, 05:43 PM
I definitely miss this Beno--
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0806/nba.top.free.agents/images/beno-udrih.jpg

I think the Spurs' version of Beno could actually eat that version.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Wait, that son of a bitch can hover? Where the fuck was that useful skill in the 05 Finals?

Obstructed_View
11-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Where the fuck was that useful skill in the 05 Finals?

Taco Cabana.

Kobayagi
11-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Beno is that slim? :D

SpurSupremacist
11-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Beno is that slim? :D

Wait, there was a time when Beno was fat?

jayc23
11-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Beno>Clips>Bucks>Spurs... :lol
The sad thing is, Beno WAS the best backup PG the Spurs have had in the last 5 years.

fixed

DMX7
11-15-2008, 02:34 AM

Yeah, that's true. Besides, his defense is worth about 30 points to the other team as well.

K-State Spur
11-15-2008, 07:46 AM
I don't get why people don't understand that there are many players out there who can put up numbers on a bad team, but fewer that can fill a role a championship contender. Beno is in the first group.

Biggems
11-15-2008, 11:04 AM
He did, but we also won two championships with him on the roster.

The Pistons won two Championships with Fennis Dembo on the roster and one with Darko Milicic.....I like to think of it as they won in spite of those guys being on the roster.....

The Spurs won in spite of Beno.

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2008, 11:34 AM
The Pistons won two Championships with Fennis Dembo on the roster and one with Darko Milicic.....I like to think of it as they won in spite of those guys being on the roster.....

The Spurs won in spite of Beno.

beno did contributed in his first finals though, unlike in the 2nd one...

anakha
11-15-2008, 01:45 PM
beno did contributed in his first finals though, unlike in the 2nd one...

The 2005 finals?

Any Beno contributions during that series has been overshadowed by the bang-up job Lindsey Hunter did on him, at least in most people's perspective.

sendman
11-15-2008, 03:05 PM
The 2005 finals?

Any Beno contributions during that series has been overshadowed by the bang-up job Lindsey Hunter did on him, at least in most people's perspective.

Nice puppy! Here is a biscuit!

anakha
11-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Nice puppy! Here is a biscuit!

And the resident defender of Beno's virtue and purity finally shows up. :lmao

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 08:45 PM
And the resident defender of Beno's virtue and purity finally shows up. :lmao

You give too much credit to someone who blindly defends Spurs players based on their country of origin and seemingly only bothers to post heated replies when the discussion is about one of them.

Tully365
11-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Beno's Efficiency per 48 minutes is 18.32. George Hill's is slightly higher, at 19.87.

Hill's rating is also currently higher than those of JR Smith (18.34), Kelenna Azubuike (18.27), and Stephen Jackson (18.1).

anakha
11-15-2008, 08:58 PM
You give too much credit to someone who blindly defends people based on their country of origin.

I just find it funny that he's run out of arguments for his beloved Beno and just shows up to insult people who dare criticize the guy's play with the Spurs.

sendman
11-16-2008, 07:06 AM
I just find it funny that he's run out of arguments for his beloved Beno and just shows up to insult people who dare criticize the guy's play with the Spurs.
It's even more funny that you, because once EXPOSED AS A LIAR, became obsessed with every single post i make. Get over it dude. So you are an internet liar, no big deal. I bet majority of the people on this board forgot about it long time ago.
As for arguments...I don't argue with you because you twist and turn the truth to fit your need. You are a liar, remember? You wouldn't know the truth if the truth would hit you in your fat forhead with a hammer.

To sum it up. I don't argue with you, I just insult you when I feel like it.

sendman
11-16-2008, 07:31 AM
You give too much credit to someone who blindly defends people based on their country of origin.
Lame argument like majority of your stuff, but at least with you I can argue.
To prove my point:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109522

Look who started that thread.
FYI...Sasha is also Slovenian. Have a nice day!

anakha
11-16-2008, 08:20 AM
It's even more funny that you, because once EXPOSED AS A LIAR, became obsessed with every single post i make. Get over it dude. So you are an internet liar, no big deal. I bet majority of the people on this board forgot about it long time ago.
As for arguments...I don't argue with you because you twist and turn the truth to fit your need. You are a liar, remember? You wouldn't know the truth if the truth would hit you in your fat forhead with a hammer.

Talk about obsessed.

You're still buttsore over a tongue-in-cheek comment I made about Beno, made ages ago, made strictly to get your dander up. Which worked brilliantly, to the point that you still can't forget about it.

And now, all you do now is pop up with an insult every now and then because without any semblance of an argument, you're reduced to lashing out at any perceived slight to your princess in the castle.

mrspurs
11-16-2008, 08:27 AM

+1 another person who knows anakha is clueless

anakha
11-16-2008, 08:40 AM
+1 another person who knows anakha is clueless

For a guy who claims to have me on ignore, you sure do your best to keep tabs of my activities here. :lol

anakha
11-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Oh, woe is me.

Mr. "Raaargh, Hulk Smash!" whenever Beno's name is brought up, and the guy who sticks his head in the sand and refuses to accept any opinion other than his own, think I suck.

Whatever shall I do? :rolleyes

sendman
11-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh, woe is me.

Mr. "Raaargh, Hulk Smash!" whenever Beno's name is brought up, and the guy who sticks his head in the sand and refuses to accept any opinion other than his own, think I suck.

Whatever shall I do? :rolleyes
Take a chill pill:drunk

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Lame argument like majority of your stuff, but at least with you I can argue.
To prove my point:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109522

Look who started that thread.
FYI...Sasha is also Slovenian. Have a nice day!

I don't quite understand how posting a funny video changes the idiotic lengths to which you've gone to lash out at those that stated the truth about Rasho and Beno. You should also be quite worried that Mrs Purs agrees with you. :lol

sendman
11-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't quite understand how posting a funny video changes the idiotic lengths to which you've gone to lash out at those that stated the truth about Rasho and Beno. You should also be quite worried that Mrs Purs agrees with you. :lol
1. Posting the video of a Slovenian player who makes a fool of himself proves that I'm able to see a Slovenian player who makes a fool of himself.
That fact directly contradicts with your claim that I( Your quote) blindly defends people based on their country of origin.
Because of that black on white proof, that blindly part of yours is just a bunch of crap.

2. Yeah, the "truth" about Rasho and Beno. I see you use the word truth as loosely as a politician. So, if you claim something long enough and often enough then majority of the people will take that claim as a truth.
I don't want to go another round of arguing points "pro et contra" about Beno and Rasho. You can find them in my older posts. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.

P.S.
And having a liar on your side must be a strong wind under your wings:p:

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 01:01 PM
2. Yeah, the "truth" about Rasho and Beno. I see you use the word truth as loosely as a politician. So, if you claim something long enough and often enough then majority of the people will take that claim as a truth.

Rasho was a starting Center on Championship team and nobody can take that away from him no matter how hard you try.

I wonder why I don't feel that you are the person to be lecturing anyone about "truth". :lol

sendman
11-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I wonder why I don't feel that you are the person to be lecturing anyone about "truth". :lol
I'm not lecturing you "shit". I'm pointing out incorrect statments in your comments.
And YES, Rasho was a starting center on that championship team. I presented you with the numbers. If you refuse to acknowledge them, well that is your problem.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm not lecturing you "shit". I'm pointing out incorrect statments in your comments.

Fine. Mea Culpa. Post edited; here's my revised statement:

You give too much credit to someone who blindly defends Spurs players based on their country of origin and seemingly only bothers to post heated replies when the discussion is about one of them.

And YES, Rasho was a starting center on that championship team. I presented you with the numbers. If you refuse to acknowledge them, well that is your problem.

Still wrong. Rasho was the starting center for a team that later won a championship after he was replaced as the starting center. Any postseason for the Spurs where Rasho was the starter at the end was a season that ended without a championship. You were called out for being wrong by more people than just me.

exstatic
11-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Wait, there was a time when Beno was fat?

Hugely. Training camp every year, and pretty much his whole last season here.

You don't seem to think that coming into camp in shape is that big of a deal, but almost all sports organizations expect it, and have for at least the last decade. Beno was injured in camp almost every year. Beno came into camp fat every year. It's not a coincidence.

anakha
11-17-2008, 01:53 AM

Don Quixote has nothing on this guy when it comes to tilting at windmills. :lol

cnyc3
11-17-2008, 02:35 AM
i thought this thread was about JV.. since he's the back up and he's old lol

sendman
11-17-2008, 03:59 AM
Don Quixote has nothing on this guy when it comes to tilting at windmills. :lol
Yap, I can picture you as a windmill, standing still and lying on and on and on.

anakha
11-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Yap, I can picture you as a windmill, standing still and lying on and on and on.

You were more coherent when you were screaming about a ST conspiracy to keep Slovenians off the top 50 Spurs list.

sendman
11-17-2008, 04:11 AM

And somehow you missed the point once again.:lmao

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 04:19 AM
And somehow you missed the point once again.:lmao

You mean the one where you posted a funny video about Vujacic once so that somehow enables you to keep referring to someone as a "liar" when you tried to convince voters that Rasho was the starter on a championship team in order to fraudulently get him on the Spurs' top 50 list? Yeah, that flew right by me. It was so complex. :sleep

sendman
11-17-2008, 04:58 AM
You mean the one where you posted a funny video about Vujacic once so that somehow enables you to keep referring to someone as a "liar" when you tried to convince voters that Rasho was the starter on a championship team in order to fraudulently get him on the Spurs' top 50 list? Yeah, that flew right by me. It was so complex. :sleep
It's simple really, but that is even less flattering for you to not get it.
As for Rasho and top 50 list. I feel that he is more deserving to be on that list than some other individuals. But I wasn't the one, who organized anti-Rasho voting on this board. I recall your statements that sounded a little something like this: "vote whoever, just to keep Rasho out." And you were not the only one.
And if in your twisted logic mob behavior is a way to go, so be it.
But hey, lynching is a part of your heritage so I'm not surprised one bit.

angel_luv
11-17-2008, 11:05 AM
It was great to get to see Beno play last night.

I am so happy for him that he is doing so well. :)