PDA

View Full Version : Ime Udoka

coachmac87
11-13-2008, 03:20 PM
This guy is just garbage...he cannot create off the dribble..Bowen has a better two dribble game than he does. And he is just not a consistent open jump shooter. He is overrated on defense, he is not quick on the feet... just strong. Seriously spurs need to try and a "shot blocker/ rebounder" Rebounding is going to be a weakness till we address it( it hurt us last year too).

But I think the spurs should some how try to package Bonner and Udoka :bang
for a trade. Dont need a star big name player...But we need another Nazr type trade. A big who can come in and crash boards hard and Block a few shots. Duncan seriously will not last yall with our bigs the way they are.

Dr. Gonzo
11-13-2008, 03:26 PM
A trade package that includes Bonner and Udoka?

That's just the type of outside the box type thinking that the Spurs front office needs.

BacktoBasics
11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
About time someone started a trade thread.

lil_penny
11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
bonner and udoka eh? im sure teams will be jumping on that package.. ill give you $1.50 and a bag of cheatos for those two studs

mVp
11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
lol good luck trading those two.

Dr. Gonzo
11-13-2008, 03:36 PM
I know this is going to sound like a crazy, radical idea but how about the Spurs add Vaughn into that package.

IronMexican
11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I know this is going to sound like a crazy, radical idea but how about the Spurs add Vaughn into that package.

Finally some originality.

mVp
11-13-2008, 03:39 PM

But... but... he's mentoring Hill!!

Dr. Gonzo
11-13-2008, 03:52 PM

I understand that but I'm sure with a package like that we can probably get Dwight Howard or Chris Bosh.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-13-2008, 03:54 PM
I understand that but I'm sure with a package like that we can probably get Dwight Howard or Chris Bosh.

For the last fucking time, we have Mahinmi. We don't need any more development projects taking up his minutes. Duncan's age dictates that the Spurs pull out all the stops to WIN RIGHT NOW.

Brazil
11-13-2008, 04:07 PM

:lol

byrdman31
11-13-2008, 04:10 PM
WTF why would anyone want to trade bonner or vaughn... never heard of this., Crazy talk

lil_penny
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
honestly you guys have 3 people on your team that almost any team would love to have i know its hard to think about or even do.. but its time you guys start thinking of your future and maybe trade a ginobli or parker for a couple young promising players each.. duncan i would let play out his career till hes done he deserves to. personally i would get rid of ginobli and start thinking about building around parker for after duncan retires.. but thats just me..

tp2021
11-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Ime would slice you from nave to th' chops.

Obstructed_View
11-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Udoka's 4th quarter defense was good last night.

Brazil
11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
honestly you guys have 3 people on your team that almost any team would love to have i know its hard to think about or even do.. but its time you guys start thinking of your future and maybe trade a ginobli or parker for a couple young promising players each.. duncan i would let play out his career till hes done he deserves to. personally i would get rid of ginobli and start thinking about building around parker for after duncan retires.. but thats just me..

Manu trade thread :hungry:

barbacoataco
11-13-2008, 04:32 PM
I remember once i was at a game watching the pre-game shootaround. After all the other Spurs were finished, Udoka and Bonner remained with a shooting coach and they were practicing 3ptrs set shots.

I was surprised to see that while bonner was nailing 80-90%, Udoka was only hitting at best 50-60%. For shooting practice that is pretty terrible for a NBA player shooting wide open from his set shots.

hater
11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Udoka is merely a role player and he is doing his job at that and geting the paycheck of a role player.

U expect something more from Udoka, you are delusional.

Obstructed_View
11-13-2008, 04:37 PM
I remember once i was at a game watching the pre-game shootaround. After all the other Spurs were finished, Udoka and Bonner remained with a shooting coach and they were practicing 3ptrs set shots.

I was surprised to see that while bonner was nailing 80-90%, Udoka was only hitting at best 50-60%. For shooting practice that is pretty terrible for a NBA player shooting wide open from his set shots.

Yet he hits a higher percentage of threes at the end of games and in clutch situations. Having guys like that on your team is a good thing.

SpurSupremacist
11-13-2008, 04:38 PM

Does it surprise you that Bonner would hit 80 to 90 percent of his open 3's? Because I know I'm the least bit surprised by that. I hope he does get traded, so I can rub it in people's faces when he's producing for another team. Just like Beno. Popobitch is an overrated motherfucker. I'd rather offer the coaching spot to a premier college coach.

intlspurshk
11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Bonner suck. No need to argue

vander
11-13-2008, 06:24 PM

:hungry: Manu for Oden!!!!

:lobt2:

Gino2882
11-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Ime is overrated. ESPECIALLY his defense. He is a very weak 1 on 1 defender on the wings IMO. He does play strong though.

angelbelow
11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
keep donk. his contract is cheap and hes not gonna be back at the end of the year.

tomtom
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
By the way whos coming off the books next season?

tav1
11-13-2008, 07:42 PM
By the way whos coming off the books next season?

Fin, Ime. But they both could remain one way or the other.

JV is gone. Might end up on the bench as an "special assistant" or some such.

And I doubt Farmer will make it through this season, let alone next.

temujin
11-13-2008, 07:43 PM
This guy is just garbage...

Go tell him personally.

Good luck.

jbspurs
11-13-2008, 11:30 PM
WTF why would anyone want to trade bonner or vaughn... never heard of this., Crazy talk

Pop should let these guys play more often. We'll have brighter future with these guys around.... Lottery picks!!!

ploto
11-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Nazr is a shot blocker?

He is currenlty averaging 6.5 MPG for Charlotte with 0.3 RPG and 0.3 BPG.

MI21
11-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Nazr is a shot blocker?

He is currenlty averaging 6.5 MPG for Charlotte with 0.3 RPG and 0.3 BPG.

In the 2004-2005 Playoffs in the Spurs system, he managed 1bpg in 22 minutes. Not bad. In 23 games during the year for the Spurs, he managed 1.4bpg in 18mpg.

With the Spurs, he can block shots. He's still no good defensively though.