PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.T. quote after the Rox vs. Suns game

Matchman
11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Amaré Stoudemire had a clear idea of what was wrong with the offense. It didn't go through him enough, he said. Stoudemire got off to a sluggish 1-for-4 start against Luis Scola and then didn't take a shot when he returned in the second quarter. He did not shoot a free throw until the third quarter and took seven of his 13 shots from the perimeter.

"You got Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry," Stoudemire before taking a long pause. "Scola, it's his second year in the league. Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry, they're OK players but I definitely need to dominate those guys early - anytime. Nothing against them, they played well tonight. But just from a fact of wanting to dominate and wanting to take over the ball game, that's what I wanted to do. Wasn't quite able to do it tonight."
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/11/13/20081113spt-sunspostgame-ON.html
:lmao how can anyone make this kind of comment after getting shutdown by 2 sophmores and a NBDL PF :lol

heres the Suns newspaper's response to his quote:

* Stoudemire talked about how he ideas of dominating because Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry were guarding him. He underestimates the quality of role players. Those players embrace the role of defense and rebounding and aren't worried about the stat sheet. Scola set the tone on the first play of the game when he stripped Stoudemire. Stoudemire had some first-half chances but he also traveled, charged and missed some. "I was so ready," Stoudemire said. "I was ready to go. With guys like that, you look at the pregame routine and the game plan and see guys like that, you definitely want to dominate. You want to go out there and really take over. We'll see how we can correct those mistakes."

Allanon
11-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Amaré

Nice touch.

Rockets are the Amaré stoppers.

Findog
11-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Amare's not a winner. Insanely talented, but not a winner...I suspect he's happier when he goes for 35 and the Suns lose than if he scores 13 and they win.

xtremesteven33
11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
i disagree. i think hes extremely fustrated about his team right now. If they dont start winning majorly these next 2 years. i expect him to leave in 2010.

Ive been pushing for a Duncan/Stoudemire duo for awhile

JamStone
11-13-2008, 07:06 PM
:lmao how can anyone make this kind of comment after getting shutdown by 2 sophmores and a NBDL PF :lol

Because he's right. He should dominate those guys.

Amare is definitely an idiot and talks too much for his own damn good, but he's right in this case. Amare should dominate Scola, Landry, and Hayes.

Tmac&Luther
11-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Amare needs to shut the hell up......especially when talking about scoring on Chuck Hayes. Defensively Hayes runs circles around Amare. The guy is one of the most underrated defenders in the league......its the entire reason why he's even in the NBA. I mean the guy can't shoot for shit and his FTs are the worst I have ever seen in the NBA, what the hell do people think he's at this level for? Defense.

IronMexican
11-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Amare is just telling the truth. Those are guys he needs to dominate.

Tmac&Luther
11-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Amare is just telling the truth. Those are guys he needs to dominate.

Amare is soft.....you just have to get physical with him. I mean somebody his size and with his athleticism he should be averaging about 13 boards a game and about 2 blocks per game, but he plays soft and only on one end of the floor. As soon as his athleticism slips he's going to fall off.

RonMexico
11-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Well, he's right - he should have dominated them. And the Suns gave up too many offensive boards and missed wide open jumpers when Shaq/Amare passed out of double teams. Again, just like in the 2 season prior, they seem to play best on the road to start the season. It's funny to me that this is a team that used to rank in the top 4 in the league protecting their homecourt (late 80s-mid 90s)... probably all the trendy fucks that moved to city since 1990 and Robert Sarver trying to turn himself into Mark Cuban part 2 (the cheaper version).

But instead of Amare just taking it upon himself to "dominate" those guys, Terry Porter needs to present situations for him to do so (i.e. not where he's 15 feet from the basket or driving into collapsing defenders). Nash also started out strong, but has been struggling more with his shot.

Doesn't help when T-Mac, Rafer, and Brooks aren't missing anything in the 2nd half, although Brooks is just a scoring machine. T-Mac broke out of his slump (surprise) against Phoenix.

Gino
11-13-2008, 08:29 PM

Amare is definitely an idiot and talks too much for his own damn good, but he's right in this case. Amare should dominate Scola, Landry, and Hayes.

True.....maybe he was calling himself out more than anything.

mystargtr34
11-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Amare's not a winner. Insanely talented, but not a winner...I suspect he's happier when he goes for 35 and the Suns lose than if he scores 13 and they win.

Except they lost that game, thats why hes upset. I dont think he would have said that if they won the game. He took what 10 shots the whole game? Hes probably the most unstoppable offensive player in the league when hes on.

Sure, Chuck Hayes is in the league for his D, but hes 6'6" and about 220, i dont care how good his defense is, he cant guard Amare - either can Scola or Landry, or anybody else in the league. Too much Barnes Barbosa, not enough Amare.

Roxsfan
11-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Amare is a knee-broken has-been. Can't shoot, can't hit fts, and gets an occasional dunk.

Spur-Addict
11-13-2008, 10:31 PM
True.....maybe he was calling himself out more than anything.

Sounds about right to me. He's prob embarassed.

i disagree. i think hes extremely fustrated about his team right now. If they dont start winning majorly these next 2 years. i expect him to leave in 2010.

Ive been pushing for a Duncan/Stoudemire duo for awhile

Possibly, they seemed to have deflated.

That would be nasty, flat out nasty. Timmy, Amare, To...WoooOOooooo :lol

Breathe S-A, Breathe.

sribb43
11-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Trade Amare to the Mavs, he would fit right in with a bucnh of losers

ShoogarBear
11-13-2008, 11:15 PM
I think Amare has matured quite a bit over the past four years, but he still doesn't quite get it. He's trying, he wants to, but he's not there yet. He still pops off too much in the media and takes shots at others. Here's a chance for him to just say, "I didn't get it done", and "those guys played me well", like Tim Duncan would have. Instead he turns it into, "those guys shouldn't even be sniffing my jockstrap".

Not to mention the consistent effort on defense and rebounding still isn't there.

Darthkiller
11-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Amare is soft.....you just have to get physical with him. I mean somebody his size and with his athleticism he should be averaging about 13 boards a game and about 2 blocks per game, but he plays soft and only on one end of the floor. As soon as his athleticism slips he's going to fall off.

amare is soft? Then what do you call yao

Kamnik
11-14-2008, 06:18 AM

What i wanted to write...