PDA

View Full Version : why isnt jr smith starting

turiaf for president
11-14-2008, 01:00 AM
a spark off the bench is great but why the hell is karl starting jones over smith? :wow

JamStone
11-14-2008, 01:51 AM
JR Smith is trigger happy and doesn't play good defense. Starting line-up can feature Carmelo and Nene on offense without JR Smith making bone-headed and ball-hogging plays. Dahntay Jones will "D" up and focus mostly on that.

I thought JR Smith was going to start as well because I didn't think Karl was smart enough not to start him. But, guess Karl is actually thinking big picture.

Tmac&Luther
11-14-2008, 02:00 AM
a spark off the bench is great but why the hell is karl starting jones over smith? :wow

Maybe because like you said........."a spark off the bench is great".

I mean Houston should start Aaron Brooks (he's clearly better than Rafer), but it probably won't happen, because he's our best bench player right now.

Artest is a better ovrl player than Battier, but when Battier comes back Artest is going to the bench....because Battier fits better with the starting lineup.....and Artest is a good fit to be our #1 option with the second unit.

It's about team needs and which rotations that work the best......not about ovrl talent.

Matchman
11-14-2008, 02:04 AM
JR Smith is the definition of Offensive BlackHole and Chucker. that guy just doesnt kno how to control himself on offense.

angelbelow
11-14-2008, 05:11 AM
karl wants defense :)