PDA

View Full Version : East dominance is BS, what TD and Wade proved

Rummpd
02-21-2005, 08:25 AM
East Dominance is BS. It was a friggin all-star exhibition game and the West is still winning the great majority of games head to head and one of their division might be won by a 500 team. Columns today in USAToday and others that the East is now dominant are insane. One title, and one all star game win is not dominance (especially, when the West bigs sat for the equality of minutes thing). Kudos to AI though.

However, during his time on the floor the most dominant player, the quiet star among stars, even with his injuries was TD. He looked very good in first few minutes especially and his 3 was beautiful as were at least two strong moves. That 2 on 1 with Garnett was a thing of beauty that had two great 7 footers playing team basketball.

The top buzz around the East arguebly should be Wade more than James, every time I watch this young pro he is doing the same thing he did in the playoffs last year, at Marquette and against the Spurs last week = he is a special feerless player in "money time". Kobe, Allen, McGrady and the others that let him go off should be embarrassed, he simply outclassed them in the 4th. That is not to diss James who is also totally unreal but don't be suprised in 7 years when after Shaq moves on if that team is still winning with this kid.

(I am DC right now on a trip and this Arenas guy is a friggin trip, first he predicts he is going to be the MVP shoots blanks and then goes in papers and says all he really wanted to do is go and win. He was interviewed on a radio station here this morning and said "he as a 2nd rounder and now all star is unprecented blah, blah, blah". He was asked to rate himself as a top pg and said he now considers himself top 5. BS, let him win something and in the East alone I would still take Kidd, AI, Marbury etc.)

Solid D
02-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Competing to win was the least thing on Pop's mind. It was all about protection of players and their minutes. Manu was the backup PG.

This summer, before the Olympics, this forum listed their top 10 PGs. I was the only one (perhaps 1 other) who listed Wade in the top 10 and was questioned for it by some. That seems so long ago now. I'll bet if you did another survey, our fine forum mates would rate Wade in the top 3. He's that good, and the Olympic experience, another year in learning other players moves, and playing with Shaq have made Dwyane even better.

san antonio spurs
02-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Competing to win was the least thing on Pop's mind. It was all about protection of players and their minutes. Manu was the backup PG.

This summer, before the Olympics, this forum listed their top 10 PGs. I was the only one (perhaps 1 other) who listed Wade in the top 10 and was questioned for it by some. That seems so long ago now. I'll bet if you did another survey, our fine forum mates would rate Wade in the top 3. He's that good, and the Olympic experience, another year in learning other players moves, and playing with Shaq have made Dwyane even better.
wade is a SG now
________
HoldYou (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/HoldYou/)

Solid D
02-21-2005, 06:29 PM
wade is a SG now

Come on now, san antonio spurs. You should check yourself, there.

He came into the league as a combo guard. He is still that...but he has truly become an excellent PG. Just because Damon Jones plays in the same backcourt with Wade, doesn't mean Wade doesn't bring the ball up, enter the offense and call plays.

Solid D
02-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Wade is 7th in the league in assists (7.3) and 10th in scoring (23.5). Damon Jones is the Heat's primary option 3-point shooter at the other guard spot. He ranks 3rd in the NBA in 3 point attempts.

Dwyane Wade is currently ranked 3rd by CBSSportsline among NBA PGs.

Wade will frequently match up with off-guards, just because of his size, athleticism and defense. Offensively, Wade makes that team go and quarterback's that team.

san antonio spurs
02-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Wade is 7th in the league in assists (7.3) and 10th in scoring (23.5). Damon Jones is the Heat's primary option 3-point shooter at the other guard spot. He ranks 3rd in the NBA in 3 point attempts.

Dwyane Wade is currently ranked 3rd by CBSSportsline among NBA PGs.

Wade will frequently match up with off-guards, just because of his size, athleticism and defense. Offensively, Wade makes that team go and quarterback's that team.
lebron is 5th in the ligue in assists (7.7) and 7th in PPG (25.4)
and lebron does bring the ball as much as kobe or wade,
but these guys my friend,are all SG.
wade is listed SG by his team.
he used to play PG last year, but now he's playin' SG
________
ECIGARETTE FORUM (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

Nikos
02-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Wade is an SG IMO. Much more so than PG. He simply has the mentality of a scorer, who breaks down the D and passes to open shooters.

He is one of the top players in the league when it comes to possession usage, and I expect him to rack up 6-7apg whether or not he brings the ball up or not.

He is an excellent passer for an SG, but I do not really consider him a PG when I watch him play.