PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference Standings (As of tonight)

crc21209
11-14-2008, 01:52 AM
So since I was bored and there really isnt anything to talk about right now I was thinking about the Conf. standings after watching Denver and Golden State go down right now. And as of right now, alot of teams in the West are playing about .500 ball or below, which is very very good for us, as we can hang around still while Manu and Tony get back.

Western Conf. Standings:

W-L
1. Lakers- 7-0
2. Jazz- 6-2
3. Suns- 6-3
4. Rockets- 5-3
5. Blazers- 5-3
6. Hornets- 4-3
7. Nuggets- 4-4
8. Kings- 4-5
9. Warriors- 3-6
10. Grizzlies- 3-6
11. Spurs- 2-5
12. Mavericks- 2-6
13. Timberwolves- 1-6
14. Clippers- 1-7
15. Thunder- 1-7

We're about 2 games out of 8th, which isnt bad at all, so as long as we play .500 ball till Manu and Tony get back we'll be just fine, just imagine when they come back and we have Hill and Mason backing them up, the Spurs are gonna be a force to be reckoned with when they all finally get healthy.

Believe. :flag: :lobt2:

angelbelow
11-14-2008, 05:10 AM
nice.

Manufan909
11-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Fuck yeah, man. I wanted to make a thread, but I was too scared too. Plus, I don't understand how to calculate how far the Spurs are back, like 2 games, 1.5, ya know? How exactly do you do that, when the kings have played 9, and the Spurs 7? I kind of get it, but I'm tired as fuck right now. Thank Jesus I don't have school today.

mrspurs
11-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Fuck yeah, man. I wanted to make a thread, but I was too scared too. Plus, I don't understand how to calculate how far the Spurs are back, like 2 games, 1.5, ya know? How exactly do you do that, when the kings have played 9, and the Spurs 7? I kind of get it, but I'm tired as fuck right now. Thank Jesus I don't have school today.

How you put the F word in mix with the word jesus is beyond me. Get a grip of that keyboard, it has total control of your fingers.:lol:nope

mrspurs
11-14-2008, 07:24 AM
What amazes me is how bad the Mavs are doing. How the heck are we supposed to tank and get better if the Mavs keep tanking along side us. Do know this here as of late the Dallas area has been producing terrible games from their teams.

Matchman
11-14-2008, 09:16 AM
where did you get this retarded standings thats not even accurate? Rockets is @ the #3 spot:ihit

Supergirl
11-14-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm looking at these standings thinking, well, if the other teams keep sucking as badly as this, maybe the Spurs won't be in such bad shape.

Also, how long do you think the Lakers can go without losing SOMEONE to injury? They're like the luckiest team in the NBA right now in terms of injuries...

urunobili
11-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm looking at these standings thinking, well, if the other teams keep sucking as badly as this, maybe the Spurs won't be in such bad shape.

Also, how long do you think the Lakers can go without losing SOMEONE to injury? They're like the luckiest team in the NBA right now in terms of injuries...

Losing Bynum all last year and Ariza recovering and Kobe still with his finger thing proves you wrong... :nope

Supergirl
11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Losing Bynum all last year and Ariza recovering and Kobe still with his finger thing proves you wrong... :nope

What does Bynum being out last year have to do with THIS year? Ariza is a scrub. And Kobe, I believe, is unlikely to make it through the whole season, but right now he's playing like he's got something to prove...kind of like the Mavs last year and the year before.

1Parker1
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
If someone told me a month into the season the Grizzlies would have a better record than the Spurs, I wouldn't have believed it. :lol

Indazone
11-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Can't remember when I ever saw the Spurs down this low. Still early though.

xtremesteven33
11-14-2008, 10:47 AM
good post. i was thinking the same thing last night.

Right now at this point i dont think any sane spurs fan can expect to play .500 without neither Manu or Tony right now. What will help us is other western conference teams losing also so we wont get too far behind.

Hopefully when Manu comes back we will get to .500 ball so when TONY comes back, well plow thru the schedule going on 10 game winning streaks in spurts.

tlongII
11-14-2008, 11:04 AM
There is no way the Spurs will play .500 ball until they get BOTH Ginobili and Parker back.

z0sa
11-14-2008, 12:27 PM
There is no way the Blazers play .500 ball til the end of the season.

Anti.Hero
11-14-2008, 12:29 PM
If Ariza is a scrub I would love to hear the label for 3/4 of the Spurs team.

Allanon
11-14-2008, 04:33 PM
If Ariza is a scrub I would love to hear the label for 3/4 of the Spurs team.

Hahah, seriously.

Ariza is NOT a scrub.

Ariza and Bynum are the reason the Lakers have been so good defensively this year.

mVp
11-14-2008, 04:49 PM
If someone told me a month into the season the Grizzlies would have a better record than the Spurs, I wouldn't have believed it. :lol

The Grizzlies are a lot better this year, I actually watched some of their games, something I'd never even considered before lol. They have a young and talented group of players... Mayo, Gay and Gasol are doing good.

SpursDynasty
11-14-2008, 04:50 PM
So since I was bored and there really isnt anything to talk about right now I was thinking about the Conf. standings after watching Denver and Golden State go down right now. And as of right now, alot of teams in the West are playing about .500 ball or below, which is very very good for us, as we can hang around still while Manu and Tony get back.

Western Conf. Standings:

W-L
1. Lakers- 7-0
2. Jazz- 6-2
3. Suns- 6-3
4. Rockets- 5-3
5. Blazers- 5-3
6. Hornets- 4-3
7. Nuggets- 4-4
8. Kings- 4-5
9. Warriors- 3-6
10. Grizzlies- 3-6
11. Spurs- 2-5
12. Mavericks- 2-6
13. Timberwolves- 1-6
14. Clippers- 1-7
15. Thunder- 1-7

We're about 2 games out of 8th, which isnt bad at all, so as long as we play .500 ball till Manu and Tony get back we'll be just fine, just imagine when they come back and we have Hill and Mason backing them up, the Spurs are gonna be a force to be reckoned with when they all finally get healthy.

Believe. :flag: :lobt2:

We are mathematically one game behind the 8th seed.

tomtom
11-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Lol @ mavs

Supergirl
11-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Hahah, seriously.

Ariza is NOT a scrub.

Ariza and Bynum are the reason the Lakers have been so good defensively this year.

LOL. Ariza is not even in the top 5 of reasons the Lakers are playing so well. And Bynum has been decent, but certainly not spectacular.

The Lakers are playing the way the are because of Kobe Bryant, period. He's playing his heart out, playing like he's got something to prove. And when he remembers that in order to truly be dominate he has to remember to give up the ball sometimes, he's pretty unstoppable.

The question is, can he keep it up all season and in the playoffs? We'll see.

Allanon
11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
LOL. Ariza is not even in the top 5 of reasons the Lakers are playing so well. And Bynum has been decent, but certainly not spectacular.

The Lakers are playing the way the are because of Kobe Bryant, period. He's playing his heart out, playing like he's got something to prove. And when he remembers that in order to truly be dominate he has to remember to give up the ball sometimes, he's pretty unstoppable.

The question is, can he keep it up all season and in the playoffs? We'll see.

You are half right. Lakers are #1 offensively because of Kobe & Pau but the Lakers are #1 defensively because of Ariza and Bynum.

Paul Pierce will have his hands full with Ariza guarding him this year.

HarlemHeat37
11-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Ariza has actually been a huge reason for the Lakers success this year, he's a top 5 role player right now..but I disagree with him guarding Pierce..Paul's way too big for him, he would just punish him in the post like he did with Kobe in the finals..

the West is overrated, like I've been saying..there are only locks for the 1st 5 spots, and the other 3 are available..we will need 45 wins to get in the playoffs..

Spurs Brazil
11-14-2008, 11:04 PM
And Dallas just lost another game

tomtom
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
now for the holy grail, two game win streak.
cmon spurs get to it!

hoopdreams11
11-14-2008, 11:37 PM
looking at the standings phoenix will drop as the season moves on and Sacramento will drop out of the race if K Martin can't stay healthy

hoopdreams11
11-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Ariza has actually been a huge reason for the Lakers success this year, he's a top 5 role player right now..but I disagree with him guarding Pierce..Paul's way too big for him, he would just punish him in the post like he did with Kobe in the finals..

the West is overrated, like I've been saying..there are only locks for the 1st 5 spots, and the other 3 are available..we will need 45 wins to get in the playoffs..

Ariza free agent next year