PDA

View Full Version : What if HCA was at stake?

Jimcs50
02-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Can you imagine how this game would have been played out if the NBA All Star game followed MLB's lead, and put up home court advantage as the prize to the conference that won the game yesterday?

Shaq, Wade, Ben Wallace and LeBron would have looked at the Spur's 23-1 home record and said to themselves, "Hey, if we want to win this thing this year, I need to get HCA away from SA, so I am going to try my hardest in this game to win this thing." TD, Manu, Nash, Stoudemire and the Matrix would have been thinking that they have the best records right now, they do not want to lose HCA that they more than likely would have in the Finals. Pop damn sure would not have rested TD and KG yesterday the whole 4th Q.

This game would be played the way we all want it to be played, and that is to win. Had this been the case, TD would be putting the 05 MVP trophy in his trophy case along side his 2000 MVP trophy, because he had the game to win it yesterday, had he played in the 4th Q....that is a fact.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-21-2005, 09:29 AM
I don't have the time to go into my MLB All-Star Game rant, but no.

Jimcs50
02-21-2005, 09:53 AM
I don't have the time to go into my MLB All-Star Game rant, but no.

I vote no too, but I was just wondering if this game would be played with some more passion if it meant anything to win.

Useruser666
02-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Then what would.......

Pierce
Carter
Yao
Macgrady
Jamison
Lebron
Ilgauskas
Kobe
Arenas
Hill
Iverson
Garnett
Nowitzki

....play for since none of them will be in the finals?

Jimcs50
02-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Then what would.......

Pierce
Carter
Yao
Macgrady
Jamison
Lebron
Ilgauskas
Kobe
Arenas
Hill
Iverson
Garnett
Nowitzki

....play for since none of them will be in the finals?

I see at least 6 in that list that think that they could be in the Finals.

Useruser666
02-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't mean conference finals.

Jimcs50
02-21-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't mean conference finals.

I know.

Das Texan
02-21-2005, 10:55 AM
timmy and kg play 40 + minutes then.

but the nba isnt fucking stupid like mlb.

boutons
02-21-2005, 10:56 AM
$$$ defines everything in USA. I think the ASG could benefit from some $$$ incentive.

Pop's coaches wanted to go because they made $20K, IIRC.

What if each player on the team winning the ASG made $25K or $50K? One problem is that making the first team is a beauty/poplularity contest, rather than a merit selection.

I don't get the impression that the MLB all-star game is joke, nor that the NBA ASG's of previous decades were a joke.

But perhaps the NBA doesn't care for serious ASG basketball, but just for $$show business.

SpursWoman
02-21-2005, 11:20 AM
I enjoyed the game as it was, but can't help imagine how awesome it would have been had these guys been together as a team for a while and it did mean something.

:fro

Kori Ellis
02-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I like it how it is. It's an exhibition. It's fun to watch and good to see the rising stars on the court together. Of course I think that the West would have won if KG/TD would have been in the game in the 4th. But everyone knew going in that Tim wasn't going to log major minutes. All in all, it was great (except the halftime show).

Clandestino
02-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I like it how it is. It's an exhibition. It's fun to watch and good to see the rising stars on the court together. Of course I think that the West would have won if KG/TD would have been in the game in the 4th. But everyone knew going in that Tim wasn't going to log major minutes. All in all, it was great (except the halftime show).

the halftime show sucked so bad! but it was funny as hell! a rapping black cowboy, a 2ft midget, songs aobut riding cowboys! hilarious! it was terrible, but i was laughing my ass off... it was better than paul putting me to sleep at the super bowl...

T Park
02-21-2005, 09:03 PM
MLB's idea of that being a great idea sucks.

Thanks to those boneheads at the ALL Star game, the Cardinals the better record, had zilch to show for it at the WS, because of a dumbass exhibition.

Screw off Jim, the idea sucks.

dcole50
02-21-2005, 09:06 PM
the "this time it counts" rules of the mlb game is just an awful idea. we would be relying on kobe, tmac, and yao to win hca for us.

with fans selecting the players .. awful idea.