PDA

View Full Version : Bump this thread every time the 360 is better than the PS3

PM5K
11-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I wanted to make this thread before but I was too busy playing Gears Of War 2.

I'll start this thread with a list of Xbox 360 Exclusive Titles:

Gears of War
Gears Of War 2
Halo 3
Fable 2
Mass Effect
Dead Rising
Saints Row
Forza Motorsport 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Kameo: Elements of Power
Viva Pinata

There are also a few games that were Xbox 360 Exclusive for some time before finally being available on the PS3:

Bioshock (Well over a year later)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (About a year later)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (A little over a year later)

All of the games mentioned above generally got reviews of an 8 out of 10 or better.

There are also a number of very good games available via Xbox Live Arcade.

Also, most games available for both consoles are generally considered to be of very similar quality, with exceptions such as Fallout 3.

Feel free to add your reasons why the 360 is considerably better than the PS3.

resistanze
11-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Mass Effect was such a fucking sick game. I can't wait for the sequel.

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2008, 05:05 PM
the sequel is gonna be on the PS3 as well

dirk4mvp
11-14-2008, 05:20 PM
My main reason - Live is infinitely better than the pos that is PSN.

IronMexican
11-14-2008, 06:59 PM
The ps3 is so much better. you guys don't like Not being able to chat, getting games 1 year later, exclusively getting to play haze, not having Gears, not having l4d, playing FFX3 oh, nevermind, that's on 360, too.

DannyT
11-14-2008, 07:09 PM
to me if you dont get the RROD you're not a true 360 gamer(you dont use it enough)...its kinda like COD where you level up...I am officially on my second box and after this one its on to elite for me...

balli
11-17-2008, 02:16 PM
I actually really like the ps3. I own a 360 and for obvious reasons, it is and always will be my first console of choice, but I've considered and still am considering getting a ps3. In fact, given its ability and stability, it's a shame in my opinion that the ps3 isn't either competing or dominant over the 360. Sony really screwed the pooch somewhere along the line when they let Microsoft's oft-broken design and it's exceptional Live service become the dominant medium for console gaming.

But they dug their own grave and so as it is, the non Blu-ray/tooth console, that's prone to breakage and noise is the only one that offers decent online support and most importantly, solid 3rd party publisher support. Like I said, a shame, but unless Sony takes some big steps with game publishers, convincing the populace to play their games and starting a decent online service (and I don't think they will) 360 will stay at the top.

Sales numbers are hard to come by when it comes to the gaming industry; there is no public source of information for what games and consoles are selling. The closest thing that the press has is the monthly sales report from the NPD Group. These numbers are important, and every game blog on every corner of the Internet publishes its take on what the numbers mean. Having a game on the top ten sales is big news; your title looks like a success, and suddenly everyone is talking about it. Publishers love a blockbuster, so Ars asks the question: year to date, what consoles are owning the monthly top ten list?

We studied the last ten months of data from NPD and tabulated how many games each console had in the top ten list each month. As of October, here are the totals:
http://i37.tinypic.com/2zqhqxh.jpg
The trends are obvious. When it comes to the best-selling games month after month, the Wii and the Xbox 360 dominate. Digging a little deeper, however, and you can begin to see why the 360 is so enticing to third-party developers: 25 of the 34 games the Wii put on the list were published by Nintendo itself. Each game also stayed on the charts month after month. Titles like Mario Kart, Wii Play, and Wii Fit were each counted multiple times; Wii Play is rarely off the chart. This is good news for Nintendo, but bad news for everyone else: Nintendo excels at selling Nintendo games and keeping a few games relevant for a long time.

Here is another way of looking at the data, after we've removed Nintendo first-party games and titles that chart multiple times:

http://i35.tinypic.com/dcbs6e.jpg

The Xbox 360, by contrast, charts many third-party games each month. Many different games. In almost every case where a multiplatform game was released on multiple consoles, the 360 version hit the charts while the PS3 version was either nowhere to be seen, or sold in far fewer numbers. In August, Madden 2009 sold 1 million units on the Xbox 360, and 643,000 on the PS3. It was a hit on both consoles, but the 360 took the number one slot—and by no small margin.

The PS2 only charted nine games this year, but there is another clear trend: tie-ins, ports, and "event" games do very well. If you look at the games that made it into the top ten list you'll see what I mean. Guitar Hero 2, Transformers, Madden '09, Lego Indiana Jones... all these games were put on every system under the sun and were part of a major franchise. If you have a title with broad appeal, it's worth porting it to the aging PS2.

The DS is just like the Wii in that Nintendo games do very well. The PS3 does fine with the ultra-huge releases, such as EA's sports games and a few exclusives, such as LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4, but publishers have to see what's so clear on the chart: the 360 sells many more games to many more people.

While the fights taking place under the top ten list are largely invisible to the public, it wouldn't be a surprise if these trends continued when looking at the top twenty, or even the top thirty. Sony lacks the ability to chart a wide array of blockbusters, and the publishers know it.

BruceBowenFan
11-20-2008, 03:27 AM
i am ready to give up on the fucking 360 my console just gave out again

Cry Havoc
11-20-2008, 09:54 AM
i am ready to give up on the fucking 360 my console just gave out again

:(

dirk4mvp
11-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Nxe

jman3000
11-20-2008, 12:00 PM
why not.

Spurtacus
11-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I own both. I play on one a lot more than the other. Guess which one?

lefty
11-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Fuck online gaming

Ps3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 360

PixelPusher
11-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Bump this thread every time the 360 is better than the PS3
Thunder Dan bait?

BlackSwordsMan
11-22-2008, 11:17 PM
FO 3 is badass =]

balli
11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Man, the NXE is so damn cool. Finally checked out Netflix. Never been this satisfied with my 360 ownership; one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Fuck online gaming
:wakeup

jman3000
11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
yeah... it's just the future of gaming as we know it. fuck it, right?

ClingingMars
11-23-2008, 02:38 PM
My main reason - Live is infinitely better than the pos that is PSN.

also NXE!!!

lefty
11-23-2008, 07:24 PM
yeah... it's just the future of gaming as we know it. fuck it, right?

Actually, it's the present of those who have no sex life

dirk4mvp
11-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Fuck online gaming

Ps3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 360

Most people would probably be under that judgement if they owned a ps3.

dirk4mvp
11-23-2008, 07:35 PM
also NXE!!!

This is the first post I've seen of yours without the "-Mars" at the end :lol

I didn't mean to dodge you last time you send me a message wanting to play. Next time we're online, hit me up :toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Fuck online gaming

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/bloodloverchick/Snake_fail.jpg

Avitus1
11-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Xbox 360 > Ps3 Even shitty games are better on 360.

DannyT
12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Bump...just got a new 360 and kinda dig the new dashboard.

Netflix is decent but wold be better with newer titles but still good enough for me...

balli
12-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Netflix is decent but wold be better with newer titles but still good enough for me...
I agree, I'd like to see more stuff too. An HBO television lineup would suit me great. But I've actually been catching up on my classics because of Netflix; Cool Hand Luke, Bridge on the River Kwai and a bunch of Woody Allen films is pretty hard to beat. I'm just wondering what's going to happen when I suck the classic and documentary genres dry, because everything else is kinda shitty.

DannyT
12-04-2008, 06:16 PM
the Docs are getting my play at this time...a whole bunch of ones I have never heard of but that are really good even hip hop ones...so Im like you...what happens when the well runs dry?

Xolotl
12-05-2008, 08:42 AM
This brought a smile to my face....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/Xolotl80/next_metal_gear.jpg

IronMexican
12-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I saw that earlier. I already owned MGS on the ps3, and it was great, but not a buy. Once I beat it, I never touched it.

balli
12-05-2008, 12:55 PM
So is it MGS 4 for 360 or MGS 5? Either way, good.

IronMexican
12-05-2008, 01:43 PM
The next MGS will be on another system. Kojima takes YEARS to make a game.

balli
12-09-2008, 05:19 PM
http://gizmodo.com/5105558/sony-has-no-plans-to-put-netflix-on-ps3

Bad news, PS3ers. While most of us saw Netflix on the PS3 as inevitable, Sony is not only denying rumors of it's arrival to the PS3, they're explaining why they think it's a horrible idea.

SCEA's John Kohler explained:

We've concentrated most of our efforts on our download service, both rentals and downloads of movies and TV shows. Our efforts will continue to be there, because our customers want to own the content...[In regards to the Netflix streaming on NXE,] there are certainly some positives for the Xbox 360. But there's also some confusion. It goes further into the argument of "owning the content" [versus renting or accessing it].

Yeah, that almost makes a lot of sense. Except, Sony, you let people rent movies through the PlayStation Store—movies that no longer play after an arbitrary period of time. That's somehow less confusing that streaming? Really?

gaKNOW!blee
12-17-2008, 01:56 PM
bump in light of recent news.