PDA

View Full Version : Spurs to sell $25 tix for $2 on Nov 21

CubanMustGo
11-14-2008, 09:51 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_to_offer_cheap_tickets_for_one_day.html

In response to the nation’s economic woes, the San Antonio Spurs will hold a one-day sale on single-game tickets for the second half of the new season on Nov. 21.

At 9 a.m. that Friday, $25 tickets for Spurs games after Feb. 24 will cost $2, and the price will escalate gradually through the day as the inventory shrinks. The sale ends at 7 p.m. when regular, single-game prices are restored.

The second half of the season runs from Feb. 24 until April 15. A variety of ticket specials are planned this year in response to the problems with the economy.

Single-game tickets are available at www.spurs.com and www.ticketmaster.com The tickets also can be charged at (210) 225-TEAM.

SAtown
11-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Loser scalpers will bank on that.

SequSpur
11-14-2008, 10:27 PM
bullshit, this is a response to their shitty ass team.

BlackSwordsMan
11-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Good sell parker with a bag of chips

CubanMustGo
11-14-2008, 11:00 PM

Life's too short ... oh, never mind, too easy.

exstatic
11-14-2008, 11:29 PM

Have you watched games this year? I noticed from game 1 that arena crowds are DOWN this year, and I'm talking the good seats. They estimated a crowd of @4000 for one Grizz game this year. cnnsi estimates that there could be teams having trouble making payroll/bills late in the year.

timvp
11-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah the AT&T has some totally empty sections. I'm not sure if it's typical Spurs fan boredom, the economy or both.

SequSpur
11-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Have you watched games this year? I noticed from game 1 that arena crowds are DOWN this year, and I'm talking the good seats. They estimated a crowd of @4000 for one Grizz game this year. cnnsi estimates that there could be teams having trouble making payroll/bills late in the year.

yeah, I know, who wants to go see a shitty team? Dude, I know die hard spurs fans that haven't even watched a game.

The Spurs need a big and they haven't done SHIT about it...

PeterBurns
11-15-2008, 01:48 PM
People have their CC's maxed out.
They were buying stuff on credit, and cant do it any more.

I was talking to someone about it yesterday. Lower level seats are at least $100 a ticket.
That's $200 a game, not counting parking, drinks, food...etc.

Not many people can do it.
Mouse had a good point in another thread.

85% of people, need to spend $300 differently, then 3 hours at a Spurs game.

The Spurs are like every business, they have to find a way to increase the bottom line each year. So they have to raise prices....hopefully this economy will start bringing back ticket prices to normal

exstatic
11-15-2008, 02:03 PM
yeah, I know, who wants to go see a shitty team? Dude, I know die hard spurs fans that haven't even watched a game.

The Spurs need a big and they haven't done SHIT about it...

It's league wide. Look at the crowds in the background when you watch the games.

I don't think any franchises will fold this year because they may just re-allocate the LuxTax distribution to help out struggling teams, but next year isn't out of the question if the economy doesn't improve.

SequSpur
11-15-2008, 02:25 PM
It's league wide. Look at the crowds in the background when you watch the games.

I don't think any franchises will fold this year because they may just re-allocate the LuxTax distribution to help out struggling teams, but next year isn't out of the question if the economy doesn't improve.

oh yeah, i agree totally. I have been saying this for years. Ticket prices are way to high, the economy sucks

I just wonder when this stuff will hit Nascar as well. Went to race 2 weeks ago.. tickets $150+, parking $20, ear plugs $2, Drinks $8, Tshirts $35, Headsets $60

Insane...

This is the first year we haven't bought any tickets... we've always at least bought some type of ticket pack or something but not this year.

I'm sad about it actually, I can't afford it anymore, maybe we'll get to go to a game once in awhile but I ain't paying for it. I could get the cheap tickets, but I can't stand to sit up top. It pisses me off.

All of the NBA, ESPN and other networks do is promote Kobe and Lebron. They might as well schedule the Cavs and Lakers and Celtics to play 30 times a year and fuk the rest.

The referee scandals, the piss poor calls, the favoritism, it's bullshit.

Fans aren't stupid.